1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you want Ben as our starting QB in 2021?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelerGlenn, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Yes

37 vote(s)
    31.9%
  2. No

79 vote(s)
    68.1%
  1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

2. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Just made my point but I've acknowledged on several occasions I'm an NFL fan first before I'm a Steeles fans. I get it when people love their team. Like righr now I see skip bayless on TV turning his back on dak(when he's been his biggest public supporter) because he's asking for mahomes range money. It happens all the time I get it people ar more loyal to their favorite franchise than anything. I'm not one of them.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :facepalm:
    Hey man I'm not against you cheering for a Rb that wants 2 be a Qb.
    So dont hold it against me If I go 4 a Qb , that wants 2 be a Qb.:thumbs_up:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  4. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Kinda hard to run a QB sneak out of the shotgun. :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    BLASPHEMY!

So you're saying you'd rather do my taxes than have a beer with me in a Steelers' bar. Priorities man. Priorities.

• Like Like x 1
  6. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    As we all know, Ben is coming back. I do hope he is kept on a short leash this season. If he is underperforming, then he needs to be pulled out of games to try and give a spark. It will help us evaluate Mason and Haskins. I'm afraid this will be our first losing season in quite a few years. It may put us in a better position to draft a QB if necessary.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re not making much sense.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Only 2 U.
    I doesn't help 2 look at the comments, unless you look at the comments, written for the comments. LoL

9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Look man I like Big Ben and I wish he could be the player he once was. And who knows maybe he’ll get healthy and have a great year. We don’t need Ben to run a ****load of QB sneaks every year, but when it’s necessary it needs to be done.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So you did understand.
    Just like I knew you did.
    I'm fine with different options.
    You were the one 2 put:facepalm:

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Don’t tell me you can’t handle a :facepalm:

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hmmm.
    I can handle a Lot.
    Are you trying 2 get a rise out of me???

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I've been stewing on this thread for awhile now...

The fan in me wants to see Ben go win another... The fan in me wants to believe he has one more in him.

The realist in me knows that them wants are probably moot and the financial ramifications as they currently sit, have rued the day in hopes of bringing key pieces back into the fold.

I think the dude can still win and lay more blame of the seasons debacle on the state of the line, the former coordinator, the dropped passes, team injuries and the notion of situational football not existing in this dojo under the current regime than i do wholly on Ben being broken down... Even while admiring he's not very spry these days.

Fact of the matter is the O never really was put into a situation to thrive in my opinion... Scheme wise. Now was it like that because of the cants or wonts of aging players, inept coaching or costly mistakes? Probably all 3 no questions asked but some more glaringly so than others.

Linemen are getting up there, QB up there and that makes for tough sledding for sure but they weren't helped out by the lack of commitment clearly visible in the play calling department nor by the **** ton of costly drops this season. 41 drops and many of them pretty crucial. Shotgun formations in short field play. Same predictable formations and play calling season after season so on and so forth. All that said, there is talent there that wins in spite of the stupid scheme and costly errors.

Big question that will soon be answered... is it Ben's refusal to play situational ball or was it dumb ass fichtner's Idea to keep slamming heads into the same old wall?
    I think Ben can still be more than pretty relevant although I hate the cost of the experiment heading into the new year. It's gonna be hard to revamp the O line to juggernaut status and retain pieces on both sides of the ball as well, however I think if the team philosophy actually changes to a meager football 101 approach we'd have something to be proud of and that's a thought I've had for years... Enjoyed many moments with them as always but the lack of situational acumen at key points the last few years has been the difference in my opinion of why some of us have felt the team has not lived up to its potential at times... And are stymied by what they pull off at other times. Jekyll and Hyde has to go.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    No. I just disagreed with your opinion that it isn’t that important that our QB can’t execute a QB sneak.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  16. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I was wrong like usual....Dammit!

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm afraid this is not going to be good for the team as a whole.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well the votes in this thread suggest most of us are unhappy that Ben is coming back. I'm against it and think this is going to hurt the Steelers.

I question if he even has the desire to win a Super Bowl again. He sure the hell doesn't have the fire in the belly that Brady somehow still has.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Limited hands also. :sigh:

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Bayless...:facepalm: You might be a lost cause.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Save him for the playoffs like Manning. Too bad Tomlin will be there.

22. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He's No different of a fan than anyone on this board. Just using a public example of someone who turned on a player because he asked for "too much" money.

23. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    YinzerBurg posted a video of every one of Ben's games his rookie year and as I was watching it and remembering that season I could help but compare it to last season and despite the different headcoach and OC the basic Steelers philosophy is still evident but you see the rookie mistakes Ben made and overcame with talent and it contrasts with last season where there was lot of similar plays that just weren't made by all involved but Ben not being able to make them. Also the plays that are bread and butter plays for Ben that have fallen by the wayside. It is a good viewing.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I always say this so here goes.
    1. The Man was away for almost a whole year.
    2. He just came off major surgery.
    3. They had no training camp.
    There's more ,but I'll stop there.
    Add those 3 together. Now you expected him 2 be 100% after all that? Don't wear out, dont be rusty, don't worry about the elbow re damaging it from hits , or other things ,and dang sure don't mess up.
    I believe 33 tds and 10 picks was pretty good all in all.
    That's an all time season for some Qbs.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021