1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Dionte Johnson has to go!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Feb 20, 2024.

1. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    no mind reading necessary - players said it themselves, read the papers / internet sometime.....

they said 'mason throws passes we can catch' and other stuff that makes sense, to people that know the game

and for more fun filled facts - WE SCORED POINTS when he QB'd

it was amazing, not sure where you were!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Good point. I just don’t like the toxicity on the team.

• Like Like x 2
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Somewhere between the sacred silence
    sacred silence and sleep

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Philofarnsworth79

Philofarnsworth79 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2019
    Scribe doesn't care about scoring points or having an offense that's fun to watch... He just doesn't like Rudolph for some reason & doesn't care that all those players clearly do... I believe it's about hometown Kenny...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I Loved that band.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Where were you the first five years of his career?

One player said he wanted him to be back and start. Regarding the other stuff, you do realize that players tend to speak in more glowing terms when a backup steps up than when a starter does the same things, right?

7. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

i was here, watching him drop passes :cool::dancing::dancing::dancing:

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Rudolph, not Johnson.

9. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Well Belichick hasn't been good since Brady left and the Pats haven't had a WR worth a darn since 2019 in Edelman's last season. They also brought in Josh Gordon, Antionio Brown, and Randy Moss over the years at different points in time.... so it's not like they haven't had a "diva" type personality in the room (or guys with modern NFL issues).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Bellicheck was a primarily a defensive coach who benefited from having one of the greatest QB’s of all time. When players bought into Belichecks system they usually performed above their ability. He took a gamble on some talents as you mentioned but two of those three didn’t work out and Moss tempered his ways and bought into the team culture there. Unfortunately the Steelers don’t have a transcending talent like Brady to keep the WR’s inline. Until we get that team leader on offense it is up to the coaches. I just think it would be alot easier if you didn’t have tow of those type of players at one position on the team. I get it these guys want to win but there is better ways to express your options. Hopefully he matures.

• Like Like x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but it's a league wide problem, and not just a Steelers problem . Example:How many times have we seen Digs show up J. Allen. I know I've seen it 3 different times, and I'm not a fan of the Bills. I've seen it in Dallas with Dak, and so on.

12. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    That is true. Doesn’t mean you accept it. It might be a problem this year under Arthur Smiths offense. They are going to have less chances and be asked to block ... it kind goes against everything both of our Receivers are for. If you get rid of DJ it lessens the locker room toxicity a little bit and maybe you can control Pickens better. You get some young receivers with the right mindset in there and set the expectations up front and hopefully you don’t have that problem. Funny thing is the two SB teams this year didn’t really have those types of Receivers on their teams. Its hard to win when you have that toxicity in the locker room. Your going to see those off field problems in Cincinnati in the future with Jamar Chase etc. I am sure that stuff with Diggs doesn’t help them in Buffalo. They are turning into the Steelers with Brown all over again. Make it to the playoffs and win one game and out every year. Thats the difference between the effect someone like Diggs has on the team verse’s what Hines Ward has on a team. At least thats how I see it.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Khan let it slip they have had contract talks with DJ. Guess they are looking to extend him again. I thought this would have been his last contract here.

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Boy, me too.

15. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Guess that means Mason Rudolph is returning

• Like Like x 1
  16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Rudy will find the market pretty cold again and will come back here IF they dont bring Tannehill in.

He’ll take the #2 spot here because it offers him the best chance to start than anywhere else but wont take the #3 spot again.

17. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022

Why the #2 spot?
    Who is on the team currently able to keep him from starting?

Other than Tomlin. UGH
    THANKS TOMLIN!!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, you can cling to that if it makes you feel better! But Pickett will be starting unless they trade for a big name QB.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but it won't be a long leash this time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    I don’t get it. They typically only extend their top WR. Not only that but I didn’t think WR was gong to be as important under the new OC. I would rather see them get some young talent in here. It seems like the wr depth in the draft is relatively good every year. Perhaps it isn't next year. I don’t understand their thinking behind this extension. It reminds me of Ogunjobi all over again. Maybe thats a bad analogy but I just don’t see him as a core team player we have to have.

21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

which....coming full circle - would be fine if that is where we are going. Mason and DJ clicked FOR SURE late last year. it is NICE to have QB's and WR's CLICK!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

lots of chatter this month, that is for sure!!

23. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Jimmy Richard Garoppolo is a big name in length
    Benjamin Todd Roethlisberger is big.

bigk is a lost cause.. He peaked in college and hell that took 7 years to do.
    Colbert fkd the team royally.

24. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    DJ is still a very good WR. He’s been bogged down by poor QB play and a bad OC.

He had 5 TD’s in the games Rudolph started. His route running is some of the best in the league and has tremendous work ethic, he is constantly trying to hone his craft.

I wasn’t a fan of his antics this past season but I can see why the Steelers would be interested in his skill set. Without him all they have is Pickens. No sense creating holes on the team when they have other areas they need to spend draft picks on. Even with DJ and Pickens they still need to add to the WR room.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steelresolve

Apr 16, 2022
    Logically I agree with you provided his request for a new contract doesn’t muddy things. Emotionally he is hard to route for. He is like a poor mans Santonio Holmes who happened to follow right after Antonio Brown so perhaps my expectations have been skewed towards him. My thought process was if you can get some draft capital for him and a similar replacement cheaper who would better fit the offense why not consider it. But you are right we have so many other needs it would be difficult to cut him and expect to fill that need along with all of the other ones.