1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Congrats to the Wards

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Aug 22, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011

Congratulations Hines. I hope The family is well and welcome you to the Dad's club we do have jackets.

Welcome to Steeler Nation Londyn.

• Like Like x 8
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hell ya. Congrats. Top 10 easy , of one of my Favorite Steelers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    At first glance I thought it was the dog we were welcoming.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Hines is #1 to me. Hands down my favorite all time Steeler.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Congrats to Hines!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    At first glance I thought "Man, Hines' wife is smoking hot".

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Congrats to Hines!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    jackets? hey. :shrug::smiley1: congrats to the wards. :cool:

9. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Hines robbed the cradle

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Women look much younger now than when I was a kid in the 50's and 60's. I visited my granddaughter's school on "grandparents" day and some of the female teachers looked like teenagers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  11. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Congrats to the family and the new addition!!

I swear, there's nothing about Hines Ward that doesn't make me smile. Love that guy.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey thorn.

Hines Ward is the "Ultimate Steeler". When he came to that crossroad of retirement he did not try to eek out another year or two to extend his career by going to another team. He probably could have but displayed the ultimate loyalty by playing his whole career with us. I am not saying what is the right or wrong way to "go out" on one's career. That is a personal matter as it is with any job. Given that, professional athletes have different psychological issues that they must get past versus the average Joe who works from 9-5 and retires after 30+ years on the job. Realistically, once you get into that 30-35 year age range most likely pro sports' teams are not knocking down your door to offer you a contract or at least a lucrative one.

If you have ever played sports, and been a serious competitor, then you get this. Even if you are not a "Professional". It is hard to give it up especially as you enter your thirties. I am a teacher as some may know here. My career can realistically go into my 70s. I started in my 20s. That is about 50 years that I can potentially teach. I have seen it numerous times. The professional athlete may end up with 10 good years, if fortunate.

Even for teachers, retirement is difficult. It is for anyone who is PASSIONATE about their livelihood. For those fans that expect an athlete to stay with the same team throughout his/her career and then turn around and bad-mouth him/her because an extension was not offered, so the player moves onto another team, is just being plain SELFISH on the fan's part.

It was like that with James Harrison. All that he did for us. WOW! Another Black and Gold to the core. B&G through and through! Then Tomlin reneged on giving him the playing time that he was so-called "promised". So, he goes to the Patriots. I had no problem with that. Yes, it bothered me to a small degree but I completely understood the move. THE MAN JUST WANTED TO WORK! I respect in the highest regards any person that just wants to WORK. James wanted to WORK for us and hung in there for most of the season getting very little playing time. He had enough of the false promises. Again, I have no problem with anyone that wants to work. For those that bad-mouthed James they should be ashamed of themselves.

I did not mean to veer off into this topic but it was really about a tribute to Hines Ward and all that he did for us. IF he does not get the Hall of Fame, and I have heard it debated for yes and no, this would simply be a travesty. He should be a clear-cut selection. Hines is in an elite category with few others in there with him.

How many receivers ask him for advice about blocking and being that complete all-around Wide Receiver? I have heard numerous names about this since he retired. During the past game against the Lions it was said by the Steelers' announcers that JuJu seeks Hines out to talk about all of this. Now, that is respect.

Another player that I respect and some here were hoping for a Pittsburgh City reunion (me too) is Larry Fitzgerald. Yes, it would be ideal and a great story to come play with us. However, he made it clear that he started out in Arizona and that is where he plans on retiring. Another class act just like Hines Ward.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We just look older

On a side note, my sister in law was walking her grandkids through elementary school. Other little kids kept saying LOL repeatedly. My sister in law said “how cute, they are saying laughing out loud”. One of her grandkids said “no grandma, the are saying little old lady”. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Welcome to the world Londyn!! May your future be bright!!!

Best wishes Hines Ward!!! :steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Club jacket logo Mac.
    61bn8otK-oL._AC_SY606_.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    It wasn't December but Rowdy Roddie and Keith David "unleashed hell" on the aliens.

• Agree Agree x 1