1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colorado Buffaloes

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Rollers, Apr 25, 2023.

1. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    See nepotism does work. Impressive work by Sanders (great accuracy and 500+ yards), Hunter (100+ plays at WR/CB) and the buffs. The hype train has left the station

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I maybe have to eat crow, but let's see when He plays a team they didn't have all year to prepare for, or a team that got embarrassed in the playoffs last year , and lost the Qb that got them there. Although I may have to eat crow. We shall see. :shrug:

3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Isn't crow everyday ingredient in your parts.
    and rice.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    It was a big win for them..and Prime. But as you said it is a long season, and they still have Texas, OK, and even Ks State in the big 12, so it is a huge task ahead. With the state of College FB in flux who knows where the future will take them, but even in a 12 game PO system it's going to be hard to build and keep a national presence outside of the SEC, Big 10, and ACC (and them because of the ESPN package and several quality programs).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I'll bite what the hell are you talking about? Colorado is not in the Big 12 this year. And they do not play any of the teams you mentioned this year?

Maybe I missed something in the thread?

6. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I will take the walk of shame on this one, lol. I was listening to some radio talk and they mentioned future big 12 and I forgot they are still pac 10.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    It is funny watching the Buffs play Nebraska today, reminds me of all those Big 8 games. I really thought the Big 12 was done when both Nebraska and Colorado got out.

I think it is idiotic that the Big 12, does not consider itself an Expansion of the Big 8, but an entirely new conference for its History.

Big Eight Conference - Wikipedia
    Dissolution
    Following the formation of the Big 12 Conference in 1994, the Big Eight continued operations until August 30, 1996, when the conference was formally dissolved and its members officially began competition in the Big 12 Conference. Although the Big 12 was essentially the Big Eight plus the four Texas schools, the Big 12 regards itself as a separate conference and does not claim the Big Eight's history as its own.

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    A bunch of praising over barely beating a TCU team that the last time we seen them they were getting spanked 65 -7 by Georgia, and now beating a winless Nebraska team. LoL

9. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    I never followed the big 8 that much, I remember Nebraska and Oklahoma were usually the mainstays. For Colorado the Macarthy years and 2 coach's that followed they had some decent years, but in any conference, they have never been the premier name. With essentially a totally new squad, Prime is getting folks excited, lol. IDK how long it will last, but his son sure seems to have dad's genes for football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought they were talking about who TCU still had to face.

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Nebraska hasn't won a game yet, and last time I seen TCU......They were getting spanked 65-7 by Georgia. I've yet to see why anyone is so excited yet. I do believe Colorado will be better, but that wouldn't be hard.

12. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    You know how many wins the Buffs had last year? You play who's on your schedule. I guarantee you they are enjoying this! I thought I was a curmudgeon

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This why I said it would be easy to be better. Sorry as a SEC fan we laugh at most other football teams. Usually USC, Ohio State, Michigan, and sometimes OK , and Clemson we take seriously . Everyone else we watch for entertainment. LoL

14. Vox Ferrum

Apr 22, 2019
    Still early in the season, SEC as usual will beat themselves up, as will Big 10, but wondering if this year we see someone able to grab the SEC besides GA, Alabama, or LSU? LSU looks weakest of the 3, "bama's loss yesterday really tells nothing as they can come back in an instant, Ga lost many in the draft, but filling those holes does not seem to be a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  15. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Yeah TCU and Nebraska PFFFFT.

not like being 2-0
    Beating the powerhouses of
    Western Carolina and Kent State!!!!
    CROWN EM!!!!!

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If you want to judge your team by the Razorbacks be at it. We haven't won a national championship in football in over 50 years. I'm not comparing them to us , but to big time football programs. Because that what it all comes down to

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    This; they won 1 game last year. Points For: 185 Points/G: 15.4 (127th of 131) Points Against: 534 Opp Pts/G: 44.5 (131st of 131)

This year in only 2 games that have doubled the wins from the previous year.

I will admit, I didn't understand how they jumped up to being the #22 team in the nation after week 1.

• Like Like x 1
  18. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Buffaloes > Razorbacks

19. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but it seems to be working for him. The real success will come in the next few years. He will be a recruiting monster, the NIL money he will be able to provide will bring in a lot of top talent. Kids in high school will die to go to that party. Every game will be a national game and the celebs will fill the sidelines. The school wil take in millions on this. They already have college recruiting commercials out that end with Deion. It says “Prime Professors, Prime location, Prime Facilities and we have Prime!”

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You are basing this on 2 games. One against TCU that the last time We saw them the were getting spanked by Georgia 65 - 7, or Nebraska who they have defeated 3 times straight??? LoL

21. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I’m talking about the success of bringing the program to the national conversation. I don’t think they are that good and they will likely lose to Oregon and USC. I’m saying the team in buzzing and will likely improve a great deal in the coming years. Imagine Pitt getting this type attention and national interest. That’s that whole thing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok....My bad.:thumbs_up:
    I misunderstood

23. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    :hmm: Maybe our next OC will be Deion Sanders once we draft his son as QB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    upload_2023-9-14_15-0-15.png
    He will be making more than we can pay.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I mean why not they have defeated a team the last time I seen them got blown out 65-7, a team that hasn't won a game(which they have defeated 3 times in a row), and now are playing another team without a win. I mean that has got to prove they are great ....right. LoL. Let just keep moving them up the rankings.