1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

College playoffs...

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by dobbler-33, Dec 29, 2018.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Just saw a rumor wire this morning about Lawrence jumping ship and joining the XFL this next year to get a big payday early and jump start that league. Believable? probably not. But a wild thought.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I understand that one season is difficult to project any player; a Quarterback doubly so. It is even harder when that player does not have a full season of work. All that said, Trevor Lawrence was a wire to wire consensus number one recruit in high school for a reason.

We all saw what he did in the College Football Playoff. If his Notre Dame showing was not good enough, his Alabama performance highlights his season. While it is very difficult to see "it" overall, once it is seen, it is special. Many saw "it" in Lawrence. He has that potential.

Now, by no means he is perfect. Scanning the field more often should be his top priority for next season. Another is his reads but seldom does that happen to him. Coaching can fix that; NFL Coaching doubly so.

It is as I said, anyone who is a close second.... is not a close second.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought it was hilarious that Clemson's HC Dabo Swinney had no clue about where his team had just mauled the #1 Alabama team during his after game interview.

If Levi's Stadium was supposed to put Santa Clara on the map ... well, it's not quite working. After destroying Alabama in the national championship Monday, Clemson coach Dabo Swinney joyfully spoke on the broadcast, referring to Santa Clara as "wherever-the-heck [in] California we are." To be fair, Levi's Stadium is geographically confusing on national broadcasts. On Monday, the halftime show was staged on Treasure Island, some 46 miles away. And don't forget about all the glamorous shots of San Francisco and the Bay Bridge. If you didn't google Santa Clara's location, you'd assume it's just down the street."

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    The young offense was better than given credit for. Lawrence at QB, Ross at WR and Etienne at RB are all studs.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Funny, I hadn't really followed Clemson this year and when they started out calling the RB by name on Monday night I thought they were saying "ATM" thinking OK there used to be the Fridge so why not the ATM, who knows maybe he hands out a lot of $20 bills?