1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Colbert might have done something stupid... Cam Sutton mad/possibly traded

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I lurk this forum mostly and occassionally try to post something humerous but I can never be a true regular here. Why does every thread degrade into old beefs yall been collecting like baseball cards over the years. Full balls hurt, take care of it, its healthy and responsible.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm not even sure I meant it sarcastically. It's the reality of the world we find ourselves in. Its also plausible that like Juju he is working on his brand and deleted his personal account and launching his brands.

3. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Trade Sutton and Tomlin to the giants for Saquon Barkley and his torn ACL.

4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    He's always seems to be banged up. He usually plays though, I'll give him credit for that. I just don't want to lose our quality back-up and I thought future slot corner for a pick or something that could have been acquired with a late pick we already have.

5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Thank you much. I knew when I heard this it was a tad shaky.

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Kaboly on Twitter staying that a source has told him that Sutton is not being traded. Looks like this was nothing

7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    The same guy who tweeted "Well, that's unfortunate" When everything was going down late last night? He pretends to be in the know. My guess, he's just reading into the fact there's been no word yet and Sutton was at the facility/meetings.

8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    For my part in this, I accept the stern warning. But it takes two (or more) to tango, and to single me out just because I don't pull punches is wrong. I'm not the only one involved here. And I didn't go looking for trouble. I just punched harder when it found me.

9. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin is worth at least 2 #1s.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  11. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Not a fan of his writing (I have a sub for the Athletic) and I did see that cryptic tweet of his last night which I thought was a bit unprofessional tbh. I think he is probably right on this occasion though. I simply cannot see any logic nor reason to dealing Cam away.

12. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    He'll no...Hilton is solid af, Especially where we've gotten him and what we've paid him... He's outperformed his money

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's discuss the premise for a moment. What team like the Vikings or the Falcons is packing it in for the season that will say yes we will take a middle to late round pick bundled with Cam Sutton for player A. I mean if they go to the Broncos and say we will give you this for Jewell would they jump at it? Seriously who is chomping at the bit for Sutton out there.

14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    T

15. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    Not singling you out. Just using you as an example of what I mean for everyone.

I get that some personalities here will clash. And yeah, sometimes people will argue with you just to get a rise out of you. It's when it becomes personal or insulting that the line gets crossed.

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Agreed but that doesn't take away from him always being banged up. It seems like most weeks recently he's injured and question mark to play. He usually does play. But if we lost him and didn't have Sutton.. We'd be in big trouble.

Trading Sutton for any of those LBs available makes no sense because most teams are doing fire sales and would take picks that we have. The rumor I heard was like a 3rd/Sutton for Gilmore. Sounds crazy but believable and better than for some LB. I'd take that trade and then use a 5th or 6th for Williamson or somebody and call it a day.

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    glad I waited this one out and it was all for naught and I didn't come on here ranting and raving for nothing....by the way don't look at my FB posts on Steeler Nation, nothing to see there..:hehehe:

18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Well, you quoted me and said "you" a bunch of times. Looks and feels pretty direct. And frankly, nothing you said "you" to was something I wasn't responsible for. I can't argue that I wasn't wrong, so I won't. Like I said, I accept the whipping. I'll do my best to keep it civil.

19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I have a question... Are there any board rules against any of ourselves telling ourself to go **** ourself? I get in that mood sometimes and think others may experience it from time to time but in order to establish proper board etiquette I felt inclined to ask. Thank you hope everybody outside of philthydelphia is having a great day.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    MODOT here. Whatever you tell yourself is none of our business.

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I get what you are saying, but I have seen so much worse on other boards. This place is a shining beacon of respectfulness by comparison. I'm not being sarcastic at all. Part of that is the posters. Part is the work of the mods.

• Like Like x 2
  22. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Dallas is releasing Dontari Poe please Steelers get him for pennies and use him for DL depth.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to clarify, if someone throws out a dumber than all crap hanging curve ball, are we allowed to hit it?

Otherwise, half of us are toast.

Just asking for Glenn, and Knox, and me, and.....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    2 #1's as in 2 middle fingers out the door :D

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    How do you know you know his tweet was talking about Sutton? It was nothing but a stupid rumor from some blogger fanboys :facepalm:.