1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Chris Simms Top 5 QB’s

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    I am with you on Pickett. Initially I was kind of blah on the pick but the more I learn about him, (I do not follow Pitt) the more I like. The one intangible nobody talks about with Pickett is his work ethic. The fact he improved each year in college speaks volumes to his grinder mentality. That is exactly what Brady is. I would love to see Brady’s RAS score coming out. I bet the whole screen would be red. The intangible that has made Brady great is his work ethic and willingness to commit to the process and prepare. He is militant about it and he had a great Coach and system to cultivate him and get that out of him. I don’t know if any of the other QB’s have that intangible coming out of this draft class. It appears Pickett is more than athletic enough to make all of the throws and to be a good fit in Canada’s offense. The key moving forward will be to cultivate, develop and maximize his intangibles. I feel like Ben was just a more natural raw talent and when he lost his physical skill set the standard in which we were accustom to him playing at was gone. With Brady his game has always been about the intangibles and not the physical skill set, that is why he has been able to maintain such a high level of play, consistently for so long. I really do see Picket more in that vain than the Roethlisberger realm. You can have your Mahome's and you Allen's. As soon as their physical skill set starts to decline they are toast. I will take a QB with lesser talent but all of the intangibles every time.