1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cateracts

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Coastal Steeler, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Think I told you guys I was going to see a surgen last friday about getting cateracts removed. They did about 5 hrs of tests on me. Doctor came back with a pic of my brain. Said ur faling eyesight isn't from CATERACTScateracts. Pointing at areas. ON THE PIC OF MY really big brain lol He said this kind of damage is fom a stroke so no surgery. Told me my lenses were clear and new glasses would ON THE PIC OF MY BRAINget me back o 20/20. Hospital did an MRI last night supposed to see the brain doc this week. How rhe heck did I have a stroke and not know it> I wore Steeler sweatpants last night to the MRI Real nice lady who shifted stuff around so I could get in last night said. If I had knowm you was a Steeler fan I woulda made you wait.. I said whos ur team? Panthers. I gave her a dollar and said play 5221 on the pick 4 tomorrow. Which is today. The girl who actually ran hdollarand yhe test leand up sID MY HUSBAND AND i ARE sTEELER FNS, WE ALREADT BEAT UP ON HER FOR THE GAME lol. i PLAYED IT YESTERDAY AND WILL PLAY IT TODAY T00
    i INVITE ALL sTEELETNATION TO PLAY IT TODAY. pa HAS A LOTTERY TOO. oTHER THAN WEAL VISION IN MY LEFT EYEMY LEFT i AM SEEING PRETTYGOOD tHINK i WILL GET BACK TO NORMAL. fO RTHE LAST WEEK i TYPED LIKE DO DO. i CAN READ WHAT i JUST TYPED.

5221 ON THE PICK 4 TODAY GUYS

• Like Like x 10
  2. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    So the prognosis is good then. Congrats on that really big brain Coastal ;)

Go 5221

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Best of luck to you sarge.

4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Unknown stroke? Wow, you're a tough ol' bird. Good luck going forward man.

My guess is you had it right after the Tebow playoff loss.;+)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Im in. I will play 5221 later this morning. I am a Carolinian as well. Best of luck with your health.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Also,
    HAPPY VETERANS DAY too you and all others who served our Nation!
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    My brother died of a stroke 2 weeks after having it, was only 52. Much depends on where the blockage occurs. Sounds like you were lucky, probably what some would call a "trivial stroke" because of location, but the term itself seems to be a contradiction as it is essentially the same reason that causes heart attacks. I would assume you have been prescribed a statin to reduce the chance of further plaque build up.

It would be a good idea to increase your intake foods that reduce inflammation so it helps the plaque remain stable in addition to taking prescribed meds.

Good luck and get well.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Wish you the best, Also, Happy Birthday and Semper Fi Devil Dog.

9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hang in there sarge. thinking about you my friend. a tough old marine like you eats strokes for breakfast. ;):cool:

10. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Hang in there Sarge, better days ahead.

11. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Always listen to your doctor over anonymous people on the internet, but I would also recommend doing your own research. Discuss what you read with your doctor and then you can make an informed decision about what is best for you. There's mounting data to indicate that statins are not an effective drug whatsoever. Our entire philosophy on nutrition/cholesterol has been misguided for decades, started by the sugar industry over 40 years ago, which has caused us to believe that fat is bad for us.

https://theheartysoul.com/cholester...gHJABLeW_1YWTbbE5g2b3ycajR4yLIB_cfZ8P1aFU_jSY

12. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    Wishing you the best, and THANK YOU for your service!!!

13. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Get well soon Sarge

14. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT ANY STROKE, BUT I’M GLAD IT WAS SO MINOR (OR YOU’RE SO TOUGH)!!

15. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Good luck!!!!!! When I saw the title of thread I thought it was another thread about Bell and his inability to read just how much money he is losing.

16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Glad to see your stroke wasn't more serious!!

17. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Sounds like good news! Happy Veteran's Day, Coastal (and all our other members who are vets)

• Agree Agree x 1