1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Carson Strong!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Coolhandluke23, Jan 29, 2022.

1. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    What does "black" have to do with anything?

• Winner Winner x 3
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a damn thing but thats a direction we don’t want conversations to go on here, will only lead to the thread being locked.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I agree, that’s why I am unsure why it even needed to be said.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    why was my response deleted? you guys are making this into something it's not. i just clarified my statement and you deleted it. it has nothing to do with being racist as you guys are making it out as. i stand by my staement. i do believe that's what our coach wants. if you look at any of my other posts including the one in question, i have promoted for other black qbs, so why am i being branded as a racist i feel? that's just not the case and i would like that to be known. don't turn it into something it's not. i do however think our coach has some of those tendencies to some extent. if yinz want to truely have a conversation about it don't delete a man's response. don't pick and choose what the content of the conversation holds if you truely want to have one. :cool:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s not branding you as a racist. You’re branding our coach of being racist by specifying race as a specific criteria for selecting our next QB, and you say “don’t turn it into something that it’s not?” It’s an inflammatory and ignorant statement.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    the truth shall set you free. racism can work both ways whether it's said or not said. i think our coach will lean this way 10 out of 10 times if it's up to him. that's his choice too. i never said there was a thing wrong with it just that it's his preference. the proof is in the pudding. what is so ignorant about that? or inflammatory? i just don't want this team to step over other good players to a fault and to make a political statement. there is no place for that. it should boil down to the best person for the job no matter who it is. it's his and rooney's choice no matter what we say. if that's his preference then that's what he will do. saying it or thinking it is no different. that's on him not me. i have not said anything i hope that has offended anyone and if i did it's not my intent. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Bzzzt wrong answer. You have flat out called our coach racist by saying that he specifically wants a black QB. There’s no evidence of that whatsoever other than that they like Willis and Ridder, but ignoring the evidence that the Steelers were attending numerous UNC games to fully evaluate Howell (plus some insider reports that had said that Pickett is the guy if available at #20). You’re taking a limited amount of cloudy information, that has already been contradicted by other cloudy information, and accused Tomlin of being racist because you choose to look at some of that information to make an assessment of his character as a human being. And that’s not ignorant or inflammatory? What it be ignorant or inflammatory if someone accused you of being racist based on the flimsiest of “evidence?” It’s a rhetorical question. Don’t answer. This particular conversation is done.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I think Tomlin wants/ and has said...He wants an athletic / running QB...

MOST.......Running/ Athletic QB's are Black, not all but most... That's just the truth, nothing Racist about it...

9. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Josh Allen disagrees
    Tim Tebow disagrees
    Matt Corral disagrees
    Sam Howell disagrees
    Ryan Tannehill (a former college WR) disagrees

Let’s not get into this discussion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    I said MOST...You named 5 pro and College combined ( and one who played 10 years ago ) lol...Why is everyone so scared to dance around the subject....BLACK QB's are " generally " more athletic...Just the truth! Always have been!

11. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s not the point. The post that was concerning was deleted, but it said that Tomlin wants a black running QB. Not that Tomlin wants a running QB, but that he specifically wants a black one - as in “white running QBs need not apply.” That basically says that Tomlin wants to practice racial discrimination when picking our next QB. Is that a fair thing to accuse someone of with no evidence? I’ll give you a hint. It’s pretty damn unfair without real evidence. Now let’s drop this conversation.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  13. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    like a Justin Herbert

(I am anti-racist)

14. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    So am I

• Like Like x 1
  15. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin and Art II both said they could be interested in a QB with mobility, some fans don't know the difference between a running QB, or a QB that can run occasionally or extend the pocket.

16. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    there are no Justin Herbert's this year but I can still dream about CJ Stroud next year... stock up this year so we can trade up for Stroud next year

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They have had that in Ben, kind of odd to pine for something you’ve had.

Tomlin wants a Jackson, Allen and Murray type.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    When was the last time Ben was that kind of player? Sam Howell next up?

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s just kind of odd to exclude the guy that has been there for 18 years. You’d think Tomlin would say something like “that mobility and ability to extend plays like Ben will be hard to replace, you need those traits in a QB.”

Howell fits the bill for sure.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This exactly :this!:. It's how I see, and hear it.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They have not had that in several years.

22. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still odd to phrase it that way. I think they are looking for more than that.

• Winner Winner x 1