1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns vs Ravens on SNF

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 28, 2021.

1. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    When either Jackson or Mayfield have two Super Bowl rings, then we can talk. Until then, they stink.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Oh there’s no question Ben has achieved way more.

3. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, this made me look up this stat. According to Statmuse, it's 3. Twice, he's thrown 4 and once he threw 5

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not bad really if You think about How long he's played.

5. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I didn't mean to sound hard harsh. Jackson is a talented athlete, and he CAN be a great passer. My reluctance to give him accolades beyond saying he's a great athlete is that he hasn't consistently shown the ability to sit back and shred defenses when his running opportunities are closed off. In order for him and the Ravens to get to where they want to be, he's going to have to do just that, because defenses will game plan to make him beat them through the air. As far as Mayfield is concerned, he has the weapons, he has the running game, he has the ability to also take off and get positive yards when a play breaks down. Same as with Jackson, he has yet to show he can make plays at critical points in a game on a consistent basis.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm not going 2 sugar coat it . Lamar, and Baker both suck. Difference is Lamar is a awesome athlete.
    Neither one of them should even be close 2 an about retired Ben with the Oline He's playing with, but Lamar has one more passing td than Ben , and 5 more turnovers, and baker on that loaded team has less Tds than Ben , and more turnovers. :shrug:
    Only excuse. They suck

7. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Unfortunately, he’s had a bunch of 3 INT games.

8. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Their stories are still being written. Jackson's more so than Mayfield's because I honestly think Mayfield is likely as good as he's ever going to be. I think Jackson, although it is no fault of his own, gets crap because the national sports media slobbers all over him. And I fully understand why, he's electric. They root for Jackson because they love to watch him and they root for Mayfield because the Browns have been a joke for decades now. As Steeler fans, it's difficult to concede that the QB we watched for nearly 20 years has regressed over the last 4-5 years to the point where he's barely a game manager. How much of that is due to his deteriorating physical abilities and the play around him, coaching, etc. is another discussion entirely. It's a tough pill to swallow. However, the worm was due to turn and it has happened in a rather swift and dramatic fashion. Our divisional opponents now have young QB's with upside while we have no idea if and when we will have one to rival them. It's frustrating as hell but it's part of being a fan. Us older folks went through the same situation when the real TB retired. It's all a part of the roller coaster ride of being a fan. As an ardent Penguins supporter, the same situation is going to have to be faced when Crosby eventually retires and if Malkin retires or is traded or moves on in FA. Personally, I have found much enjoyment and satisfaction from Pitt's ACC championship and the development of Kenny Pickett as a legitimate Heisman candidate in the face of the Steelers mired in the midst of a perfectly miserable season. There's always a silver lining to be found.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I generally agree. The exception is that Lamar makes me nervous because he’s truly a phenomenal athlete and by all accounts seems to have the right attitude. It’s still possible that he could develop further as a passer. Mayfield… well, I think he has the tools to be pretty good, but he clearly doesn’t have the head for it.

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't believe it's possible 2 relearn everything He's been doing His whole life in the time it will take Him before they give up on Him. Yes He is a phenomenal athlete. I will never take that away from Him. Passer. He is barely above average. I'm not talking about arm strength, or any of that.
    His number 1 problem, and I've seen it a lot is....Most His life He's been a great athlete...So that's how coaches have used him coming up. Life time of bad habits learned can't be overcome in the short time He will have as a Qb. You are not asking him 2 adjust a few things. He has 2 relearn.

I know a lot will point 2 His MVP year. A lot of MVPs have never won a SB. Plus He took the league by Surprise. Been awhile since the league had 2 defend college concepts. That's why if You notice most of His worst games , and losses come from teams that face Him more than once.

11. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Anybody remember that QB passing skills competition where Jackson looked like a joke, and two WR's that they threw in to fill out the group looked better?

Guy couldn't hit a broad side of a barn from 10 yards away. I remember thinking "Is this guy kidding?"

Found it. He's the first competitor.

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I couldn't see the one You posted, but I found it. LoL. He's worse then I say He is. That's freaking embarrassing, but people break their necks Defending this guy. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  13. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Tom Brady has thrown 4 interceptions in a game 6 times. Aaron Rogers has 0.