1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest bad luck season 49ers or Cowboys

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by thorn058, Nov 4, 2020.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Who is having the worst luck this year SF or Dallas?

2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    San Fran. Cowboys always get rave reviews at start of season then don't live up to them. I know the injuries are bad but I wonder if they would be much better with their starters. I always count on them to stop the Eagles from winning the division but they have left me hanging yet again.

3. EnglishSteeler

EnglishSteeler Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Definitely the 49ers. I'd say their injury luck is worse imo. They've used a record number of players for a season - sure I read they used 69 players through 8 weeks which is crazy .

Without looking it up as of right now they have:
    Starting QB
    Arguably best TE in football
    RB1
    RB2
    WR1
    WR2
    Starting LT
    Both DE (one of which is DROY)
    CB

All on IR/covid list

Crazy

4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    49's have had the worst luck in my opinion. Dallas has had a rough year but honestly, I don't think they were that good to begin with. SF had a legitimate playoff team that has been completely wrecked.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    San Fran. Not even close. They have been pillaged by COVID 19 and injuries. That actually raises a very important question. Why hasn't their Athletic Trainer been canned yet?!?! :eek:

If there is one aspect I hate the most, it is calling for anothers job. That said, how is that even possible?!?! :hmm:

6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

After they drafted CeeDee Lamb, the writing was on the wall for the Cowboys. Jerry Jones loves big box office and ticket sales more than winning. He has become the Bob Nutting of the NFL.

The only major difference is that Jerry Jones actually won big during the early years of his ownership. Bob Nutting wins the ire and vitriol of fans; all well deserved in my opinion. The day the Pirates can obtain a real Owner will be for the better.

7. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Not sure that Jones is trying to just field an entertaining team as much as his cavernous ego gets in the way. Instead of hiring quality football people and allowing them do their jobs, he and his son labor under the delusion that they are smarter than everyone. Reminds me of some of the bad choices Al Davis made. The QB from LSU. Always had to draft lightning fast WR's because he believed in the vertical passing game. Problem was, some of them couldn't catch...see Darius Heyward-Bey. Bob Nutting just milks the city of Pittsburgh and the revenue sharing of MLB for his own ends. The Pirates are simply a money making machine for him. He could care less about the on field product and attendance in '18 and '19 reflected that.

8. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I am not too sure. After that third Super Bowl, I think Jerry Jones has simply rested on his laurels. For that matter, whether we like it or not, the Dallas Cowboys are the World's Most Valuable Professional Sports Team. I believe that he cares about that far more than winning. Why?!

The more notable a Franchise is, the greater the revenue. The greater the Revenue, the better chances to net profit. The bigger the profit, the more one craves the urge to continually increase said profit gains.

Keep in mind Jerry Jones started his ventures out in the Oil Fields and initially bombed big time. The Dallas Cowboys were the final Hail Mary for him. Turned out pretty well in terms of finances.

Everything else though?! Jerry Jones has become more of a self serving buffoon who prided himself on making a killing at the ticket booths. Now, the Rooneys?! They are MUCH DIFFERENT.

9. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well, there may be an element of truth to that. Either take would certainly explain why he hasn't been able to attract cutting edge foot ball minds. The job is a black hole for young coaches that want to prove themselves.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Hmm....

Keep in mind that Jerry Jones is a businessman. Marvin Lewis was brought in for an "interview" and was not hired. Mike McCarthy, a coach who had been out of coaching for a whole season, gets the job.

Long story short?! Jerry loves making headlines for the Cowboys. Rather, he loves making headlines for himself! :lolol:

11. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    No doubt he loves the money AND the attention. But the fact that he hires from within or retreads castoffs sort of underscores both of our arguments. Did McCarthy or Marvin interview anywhere else, or was Dallas the only team that had them in? I don't know, but I can't see the Dallas job as being one that a good young candidate would take a swing at because of Jerry's meddling, no matter what his (ir)rationale is. :roflmao:

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ah... I see.

True. Until Jerry Jones can get out of his own way, the Cowboys will be the Cowboys; close but no cigar. For those that think Stephen Jones is better, he is!!..... he is better at being even more self serving than his father! :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Ravens for being in the AFCN. :hehehe:

14. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Definitely they 49ers, their whole season is an injury meltdown like none we have ever seen. It is simply extraordinary what they are dealing with.

Dallas were hugely overrated before the season as others have alluded to. The injuries have hurt them, particularly the Dak injury, but their overall team and roster management in recent years is the bigger issue imo. Paying Zeke instead of Byron Jones, drafting a luxury player like Lamb instead of fixing the gaping holes in their secondary this season etc. I’d have no faith in Jones to turn it around either. I think they are in for a few tough years on the field.