1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    My wife and I just started watching season 4 a couple of weeks ago. We're up to the 7th episode so far. Man, this show has been great from the start, and it just keeps getting better. I loved Saul's beatdown on the punks who mugged him.

And yea, it's always had the Breaking Bad vibe, but it's really starting to head that way more. I'm loving it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Poor Jimmy. Starting to see how him and Kim come to an end.

I wonder if she'll reemerge at the conclusion of the show. This is all Jimmy reminiscing after all on how his life went into the ****ter.

Then again he is a fugitive so what kind of life would they have together. Maybe she represents him in court, that would be a kicker.

3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    [​IMG]b

Goodbye Jimmy

• Like Like x 1
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    SPOILER ALERT TO SteelinOhio - DO NOT READ THIS POST

Goodbye Jimmy McGill, hello Saul Goodman or as Jimmy says to Kim leaving the Bar Association Appeals mtg: "It's all good man" or if you say it fast "It's Saul Goodman". Now we know where the name came from and when he officially did it (he used it previously when he was selling mobile phones out of his trunk). He didn't want the stigma of Chuck's legacy with the McGill last name as he pursued his resurrected law career. Damn, now we have to wait a full year for Season 5.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't know - Kim got a buzz with the fake character building scam for Jimmy's cohort who whacked the cop when she told Jimmy, "Let's do it again". Fast-forward to the next few segments and it looks like they're doing better although she's shocked when he tells her he's changing his name at the season's end.

6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Looks like it really botherd Mike to do what he had to do in the desert last night ,, I kinda felt bad for him

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That's what happens when Gus Fring owns your huevos. Only question (raised again) is will Gus let all the other workers go back to where they came from? I think Mike's dirty work is just beginning. I don't think Gus was going to let any of them leave town in an upright position from the beginning, including any newbies who are called in to finish up the construction job. No loose ends in Gus Fring's world. And you know that this Lilo character's days are numbered as he gets closer to the big secret. So many story lines in this series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm disappointed they had Mike kill him. He was never the muscle in BB, just the covert guy that can handle himself. I liked the fact that Mike skirted the line of working for Gus but not dirtying his hands by killing innocents. That German guy was a husband and father of two girls. Mike went full blown bad guy there.

Smacked the cop upside his head with a bag of groceries, whacking is killing, big difference :lolol:

She gets a buzz from it but its just a game to her but Jimmy is becoming that for real and she see's that at the end of the last episode. I actually thought Jimmy was having a sincere moment, he got me too! I think that advice he gave to the girl who was rejected is going to come back to haunt him, bet she does something stupid and gets herself killed or thrown in jail. That wasn't a very good pep talk he gave her!

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    If I had a nickel for every term in the English language that's been hi-jacked....I'd probably have a few dollars by now. I can remember my Dad whacking me on the noggin a few times and I'm still here to talk about it. :rolleyes:

You are right about Kim Blast, she's doing these crazy things for sh**ts and giggles and for Jimmy/Saul it's a metamorphosis although deep rooted and a long time coming. I still think Kim re-wrote the letter and signed Chuck's name to it and maybe at some point when she's really peeved at him, she tell him for spite. :shrug:

10. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Looks like next season will be the last which makes sense now that Jimmy has gone full Saul Goodman. Not much more story to tell.

They'll need to wrap up Jimmy and Kims split, since she isn't in BB, thats really the only logical avenue they can pursue. But is it because she doesn't approve of who he becomes or because something happens to her? I always had a foreboding feeling something bad happens with her involvement in scamming people for kicks. I still remember the first guy they took, the "big shot" investment guy. I felt like he would make them pay if he ever ran into them again.

Nachos, poor Nachos, he'll be killed off for sure.

No turning back for Mike, killed that German guy. Wonder how his crew will react to that, I'm sure they would put two and two together. I think Gus will see to it that they never get back home.

One more season for Jessie to make an appearance, wonder if he will. They should actually incorporate White and Jesse into it, at the very end of the season, they can show how they get on Gus' radar. That would be a good way to wrap it up.

11. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

So next season willbe the last one?? wow i didnt see that coming

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Is it confirmed? Wouldn't surprise me. The actors aren't getting any younger. I have a feeling that Kim is going to be collateral damage somehow.

13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

dnt know if its confirmed, I was asking Blast a ? lol

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I'll be bummed when it ends. I really like Gilligan's style of storytelling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    No, not confirmed. Vince Gilligan has said that he'd like to make it the same length as Breaking Bad which was 5 seasons. Some speculation is that it will be 20 episodes instead of 10 though. Don't know about that, that seems like a lot. Maybe 12-15 episodes.

The whole point of Better Call Saul was his transition from Jimmy to Saul. They just competed that in this season finale, so how much could there really be left to tell.

I think it will wrap up next season.

16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Let's not forget future Jimmy/Saul baking Cinnabons who could easily slip back or morph into another character. That way he wouldn't have to look like he's 10 years younger. Depends on whether Bob O wants to continue on in a post BCS/BB world.

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    love better call saul.. watched it all on android box.. amazing

18. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Just finished episode 10 last night with my wife. Man, this show is just getting better and better as it goes. I'm to the point that I can honestly say I'm enjoying it every bit as much as BB, and I don't want it to end. But I know it has to at some point because of the premise, but man is it good. I'd love it if when they wrap up the stuff that happens up until BB, they go ahead and have another couple of seasons in the present with Jimmy in hiding.

• Like Like x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Is everybody ready for the Breaking Bad movie?

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I just saw an ad for that the other day. I'm pretty excited by the idea of this.

21. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Wow! Tell me more. Same cast? Same story line? Prequel? Sequel? Just the opposite of what the Fargo people did and that actually turned out pretty good. Maybe the best TV to big screen adaptation IMHO, was the Fugitive with Harrison Ford. Not including the Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Green Hornet genre since they all started out as Comic Books.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You did it the right way Ohio, watching without commercials. I never watch AMC live for that reason. I agree in how they could extend the show "in the present". Loved how they finally explained how "Saul" contrived his name: "It's all good man!" LOL

• Like Like x 1
  23. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Don't have any details but, Cranston confirmed that it's happening. He said he's not sure if Walter will be in it! Coming from Vince Gilligan, it'll be great anyway!

24. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Same here! It took me a long time to get around to it (so I've avoided this thread), but I finally finished season 4. I love this show. Have they said if season 5 is the final season? Seems like it will be.

• Like Like x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Its my favorite show on TV right now, it's amazing.

Vince Gilligan has hinted that he likes the idea of keeping BBS to the same amount of seasons as Breaking Bad, which was 5 seasons and really doesn't seem like they wouldn't be able to wrap up Jimmys story in season 5. They are almost at the point where BB began.

Speaking of BB, they are making a movie :yahoo:

• Like Like x 1