1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Better Watch Saul

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by MojaveDesertPghFan, Feb 3, 2016.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "50% discount! Hey man, that's pretty good. That's like almost half off." Saul is so bad.

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    “What day is it?” “Tuesday?” “Half off!!”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Getting closer and closer to intersection of Saul with Breaking Bad - Hank showed up last night. Mike is such a bad ass for an old man. Overall, feels like it's dragging a bit, almost like the writers are getting worn down a bit as it edges closer to BB.

4. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    My favorite character!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Why'd he lay down for the hood boyz this week and where the hell is he recuperating? I'm thinking Gus is involved somehow trying to pull him back in. I can't remember, have Jimmy/Saul and Mike crossed paths yet in BCS?

6. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I haven't seen the latest episode. Didn't they cross paths in the first season? Mike was an attendant in the parking garage?

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Si si. Oldtimers syndrome setting in. :rolleyes:

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Watched the episode last night. I think you're right about Mike. It's gotta be a Fring compound!

9. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry about the spoiler, I'll hold off any commentary from now on until later in the week. Easy since it looks like it's just the two of us viewing at this point. Get the feeling that Jimmy's involvement with the Mesa Verde holdout will work initially but will come back to bite everyone later on somehow and serve as one more dagger in Jimmy and Kim's relationship even though Kim most likely put Jimmy up to it directly or indirectly.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I keep getting a feeling that Gus is somehow tied to Mesa Verde and Kim is going to be collateral damage.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Or the Salamancha's? What better place to launder money than through a bona-fide bank. That's essentially what was going on with the Savings & Loan debacle back in the 80's except with phony or sub-prime loans. But you're right, this entire show as well as BB are all concentric circles of ironic associations. What would be helpful, at least to me, would be if AMC would post an evolving family tree of sorts showing plot and people connections obviously with spoiler alert warnings for those not up to speed.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Was great to see Hank and his partner, wonder if Jesse will ever make an appearance. There was speculation that he might, would be easy to tie him into it. He used to cook/sell meth before Walt came along.

I don’t think Kim will be killed off, I just think she won’t be able to compartmentalize what Jimmy has become for much longer and will break up with him. Although, killing her would certainly reinforce Jimmy into becoming Saul for good, especially if he was somehow indirectly responsible.

That was straight up mean of Fring to make that employer think he wasn’t getting it clean :lolol:

I guess he was doing that to have an alibi.

• Like Like x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I loved that part. I watched it like 5 times. Those two knuckleheads did a great job acting.

14. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I wonder how things would have went if BCS was shown first followed by BB. I know a lot of people who loved BB but not BCS so much. I like BCS but BB was way better for me.

The actor who plays Fring is in a series on Epix about that Harlem gangster who ran Harlem in the 60's, Bumpy Johnson. He plays Adam Clayton Powell. he does a great job.

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Haven't seen the Epix series, not one of my channels. Giancarlo Esposito started out way back on Sesame Street and Electric Company and then graduated to a few Spike Lee films (remember Bug Out!). He's been in a ton of movies and various TV shows over the years. He is so masterful as Gus Fring. He was born in Denmark to an Italian father and a Black mother from Alabama.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    "Revenge". A whole village dedicated to the other "Pollo Hermano"

17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This right here sums up the secondary theme running through BB and BCS. But (SPOILER ALERT) knowing who took out Gus in BB sort of makes this a moot point.

Have to say one of my my favorite parts of BCS is when Jimmy and Kim (Gizelle) do their various role playing schemes. Last night when Kim was the chief dude at Mesa Verde and Jimmy was Kim was so hilarious.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Ok, I’m now back in the mindset that Kim is going to be killed. Heavy dose of foreshadowing last night. That’s going to suck. Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy, tsk.

19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Agreed. "Friend of the Cartel" is going to cost him!

20. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    OK - now Lydia enters the picture. What a psycho. The walls are closing in on BB. Only 3 more episodes. :facepalm:

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I forgot she made an appearance last episode :lolol:

How’s your anthrax, *****!

Any guesses on whether Nachos survives?

22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    I think Kim might go but wouldn't bet on it.

23. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Little help please. I only started watching, "Better Call Saul" a season back. Loved Breaking Bad! In the most recent episode Saul told that guy he'll never work for him because he killed his brother. Did that guy literally kill Saul's brother????? Also I assume when Gus told Mike he wanted him to work for him so he could get revenge that is for Gus's friend that the guy in the wheel chair killed on a BB episode.

24. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    You can probably get more details from the AMC BCS website as to plots and names but, no, the blond guy didn't directly kill Jimmy/Saul's brother (Michael McKeon), he was his brother Law partner and perhaps overworked his brother because he sort of went crazy with weird phobias which led to his death in the end (we really need Blunt Force right now to recreate all the nuances and details but Santee could probably add plenty that I forget already). As far as Gus's revenge, I was never clear if it was Gus's friend or brother that the wheel chair guy had killed - since the chicken franchise is "Los Hermanos".

• Informative Informative x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They intimated heavily that the one who got killed was Gus' "special friend".
    Didn't the law partners force Jimmy's brother to step down as a partner? Too long in between seasons to recall exactly.