1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bens Successor Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, May 8, 2021.

1. BowToTroy43

BowToTroy43 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2018
    I will state that I am not a fan of the "wait until 2022" strategy for drafting a QB.
    1. You have no idea if you will be in position to draft any of the QBs you want, which means another year of rolling with just what you have.
    2. Even if you are in position, you have no idea if any of those QBs will be a sgood as advertised. Plenty of top 3 selections at QB and other psitions bust, so you may as well take what shots you can when you can.

Just look at the 2018 class. As of today, only one of the QBs taken in the first round, Josh Allen, has cemented himself as the long-term future of the franchise that drafted him with a contract. Only 2 of them (Allen, Jackson) are expected to even start week 1 of their 5th season for the team that drafted them. Most of those teams missed.

Rosen - Trash, will be out of the league in two years. (I lol'd for real when someone suggested him earlier in the thread)
    Darnold - Sucks. Got traded and the team that received him has been open about replacing him.
    Mayfield - Average. Will have a Matt Schaub level career at best.
    Jackson - Peaked hard early but has declined every year since 2019 and still does not have a second contract. Will he even be a top 10 QB in 5 years?
    Allen - Elite and established. Ironic seeing as he was considered the biggest project of them all.

That is a 2/5 (at best) hit rate in the first round alone. This is why I just shake my head when most people's big idea is to swear off 2021 and wait for a draft class that is hyped just like the 2018 one to finally get a qb.

Just My 2 cents.

Now, from someone with a bit more cache on the subject of QBs.
    Kurt Warner is publishing a series on youtube breaking down things he likes and dislikes of the 2021 QB prospects. The series takes a look at one game per prospect and is divided into two videos. The first, the good. The second, the bad. I will post them here as their own separate posts for length's sake.
    First Kenny Pickett

2. BowToTroy43

Apr 10, 2018
  3. BowToTroy43

Apr 10, 2018
  4. BowToTroy43

Apr 10, 2018
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    For what it's worth, Jerry Dulac said in his online chat this morning that there is only one quarterback the Steelers would take in the first round. He didn't say which one, at least not that I saw.

6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I watched Willis's pro day on the NFL Network and they said he transferred from Auburn because they wanted him to switch to RB. That says a lot about what they thought of his QB ability but they could be wrong. I remember when Joe Paterno was recruiting Jim Kelly, he wanted Kelly to forget about playing QB and play Linebacker instead.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    2 things about this...
    1. It definitely tells You what they thought, and...
    2. Why didn't He go 2 a school of similar size.....why did He run 2 a smaller school???
    Most Guys try 2 go the other way when transferring. :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    So, you think they would've passed on Burrow if he was available to them, he ran from Ohio State to LSU.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Joe Flacco went from Pitt to Delaware

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    My bet is the Steelers will draft either Ridder or Corral.

11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hopefully in the second round at around the 40 mark

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Uhhhh. LSU is not even close 2 a smaller school in college football....
    SO what's Your point???
    What does this Have 2 do with what I said???
    Sorry LSU has been in the national championship 9 freaking times. With 2003, 2007, 2011,and 2019....just since the 2000s. So some could say He went 2 a bigger College Football school. So How on earth does this even compare 2 what I said???. This is not Me trying 2 be mean....this is a real Question.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I didn't know that.