1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bens Successor Draft Thread

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Blast Furnace, May 8, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well if they can move up this year for a Qb like some want.....Why can't they move up next year....plus those are not the only 2 Qbs coming out next year. :shrug:
    So by this guys thoughts...Just grab a Qb this year because.....no matter if they are good ,or not. Sounds very Cleveland Browns like.

• Like Like x 2
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Another Strong armed athletic Qb that never learned 2 read ,or react.
    Wondering why We just didn't teach Him how????
    Isn't that what everyone says We will do with Willis....just teach Him how. LoL :lolol::lolol::lolol::hmm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    i know those aren't the only two QBs coming out next year, I'm not sold on Young as some great NFL prospect, I like Phil Jurkovec.

• Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I wasn't talking about You.:thumbs_up:
    I was talking about the guy whose Tweet You showed. Unless thats You, and I also like P. Jurkovec :thumbs_up:

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I get to see Jurkevic play in person this fall. Haener from Fresno as well.

• Like Like x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I think He has a really good chance at being really good. You are lucky. :thumbs_up:

7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Physically he reminds me an awful lot of Ben as a college player.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I know people laugh at this , but there are 4 Qbs that are coming out next year I'd put higher right now than the top Qbs that are coming out this draft. Does this mean they will be great , or these... this year.... never will be .....No...., but they are starting without as many holes in their game. IMO

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Speaking of Ben, the NFL Network is currently showing his last home game against the Browns last season. It's actually a spotlight game featuring Najee Harris.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I agree. Pretty much why I feel more open to bringing a Rosen for a cheap deal and perhaps getting someone like Zappe for more depth. If we suck in 22 we're in great position for get a QB in 23, which is a far deeper and far better class. If we was selecting Ridder in the 2nd or 3rd Round, I'd feel far more comfortable drafting the guy. He looks like he'd be a very good backup in this league. Ridder isn't a starter in this league. I fear that we're going to draft a QB in more of a sense of panic as opposed to getting the next guy that will lead this team the next 15 years.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Folks one question? Do you like how Mac Jones performed in NE?

Well you would like Kenny Pickett (IF) he had the same disciplined coaching that NE had.
    He is more athletic than Mac Jones, if he falls to Steelers IMO they will pick him at twenty.
    Hard worker, guts, team leader and the biggest and one of the most important factors when evaluating the qb position,
    he is ACCURATE. Seems to be able to process information quickly, can make all the throws.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    He won't make it past Carolina. IMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree I was just throwing some FACTS out.

• Like Like x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :thumbs_up:
    Yeah I don't even think about Him because He will be gone so fast IMO. I believe He will Be the 1st Qb taken.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I have come around on Howell, he wouldn't be my first choice at #20, but he does throw a nice deep ball and is very mobile.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. If We got Him in the 2nd , or later. ....I wouldn't be upset .

17. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I watched his Pro day and his deep ball is a thing of beauty. He was hitting his receivers in stride with every deep pass.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I get all kinds of different data on Ridder's arm. A lot of sources say his arm is average at best. Others say he has a canon. I don't know how sources can be so divided on a guy's arm strength?

Anybody have an opinion?

19. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am just hoping they don't do something stupid like the 49ers did last year and try to get ahead of Carolina.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if by chance pickett fell, yes you take him. if not i still think it's howell. as i said kevin colbert likes him, does art2? we know who's baby MT wants to have. does art2? does kevin get his parting shot? :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    He can run with the best of them. imo I don't like my Q b's to run too much. But they must be able scamble and have escapability.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I freaking agree :thumbs_up:.
    Surely not.:shrug:

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I read a rumor that we have been laying the groundwork to do just that. A trade with the Giants to move up to 5.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  24. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020

I would really hate that trade, especially if it was for Willis. For me, a top 5 pick should be on someone that can start by at worst week 5. Pickett is probably the only Day 1 starter, but worst outlook as time goes. I'd much rather be looking for a top 5 trade into next year's class and give Trubinski a year to prove it. If he sucks, it's much easier to trade into the top 5 or 3; if he's great, you don't have to look into trading up. To trade up, you're likely going to have to give up next year's #1 and perhaps a player or two. This potential trade could set the Steelers way back.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I am firmly against a move like this as well. I think it’s like having a million dollars, and spending it all on lottery tickets.

• Winner Winner x 1