1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ben's last home game?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If it is Ben's last time suiting up at Heinz Field against the Browns I hope the fans in the stadium send him out right.

I never saw Bradshaw play. Ben is a once in a generation QB. I don't think we will see a QB of his caliber in Pittsburgh for quite some time.

I hope the fans show him the love and respect he deserves, and the team rallies around him to get him a win for the final time he steps on the home turf.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, we got pretty spoiled by having a lot of great years with Ben, and now that the team is tanking, he's getting a lot of flak, but I remember all of the years between Bradshaw and Ben, and Ben brought new life and excitement to the team. QBs like him don't come along every day. I hope when he does go, if it's this year or whenever, he gets the props he deserves for what he has done for the team starting back in 2004.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    A lot of people will disagree with me and so be it.
    Ben has created a lot of excitement for this team for a long time. He's regularly put is in a position to contend.
    But come playoff time, Ben has mostly fallen flat. He's had a couple good games in the playoffs, but for the most part, he's been average at best.
    I know Ben is everyone's savior, but for a guy who was considered one of the best, he didn't play like it in the playoffs most of the time.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    How do the fans give him a respective send off when no one knows for sure if it really is? JMO>

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Ben's not coming back next year to this disaster. I think he pondered about during the ups and downs of the season but his body language lately tells me he's done with this 3 ring circus.

I will always wear his jersey with pride even though I take much heat for it in the Cincinnati area.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I feel like it’s pretty clear

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would imagine that the fans attending that game KNOW it is most likely the last home game for Ben and will show him the love. We may not be happy with how this team is playing this season, but we are still decent human beings and respect what Ben has brought to this team.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Monday night at home against the Browns. Should be Epic!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The Browns is the Browns

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I don't know the rules but any chance they would flex that to a day game??????

11. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't believe they are permitted to flex Monday night games

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    For every Qb but a few You can say that. Just go Look. I understand You don't like Ben, but :shrug:
    7 th most in Tds, and a better TD - ints rate in the playoffs than....Terry Bradshaw, Jim Kelly, Warren Moon, and the same as John Elway, and Troy Aikman just 2 name a few....Well that just doesn't show what You are saying. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Look at his individual game logs in the playoffs then come back and tell me how many of those games he played like an elite QB.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I could do that with all above mentioned Qbs.
    Just another excuse.
    I see Your Love A. Rodgers has a playoff game with 2ints, and no Tds. Was that killing it, or playing like an elite Qb in the playoffs???
    Like I said I can do that with all the Qbs already mentioned.
    What I said still applies 7th most Tds, and better Td- int than the Qbs mentioned earlier that are all considered Elite.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    They all played in different eras where they didn't throw the ball as much and didn't play the rule changes of this nfl. In this nfl avg qbs like kirk cousins routinely throw for 4000 and 30 plus tds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You're saying ben is as good as Rodgers?

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Doesn't matter . Everyone is better than Lamar. LoL

Last edited: Dec 30, 2021
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah I bet if the Ravens let him go no one would want him and he'd be out the NFL.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You should read 1st. We are talking about playoff int - td rating. It wouldn't make a difference how many times thrown. Td - ints would still be the same.

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What the hell does that prove. Before he got hurt....He(Lamar)had less td(even adding his rushing ones), Yards, and way more turnovers than a 40 year old Ben. LoL.
    Hell Taylor, Cam, and Darnold keep getting jobs. Doesn't mean they don't suck.

21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And before when got hurt weren't the Ravens sitting atop the afc? And they aren't getting max contracts. Lamar jackson from anyone outside of maybe about 5 teams would get a Max contract this offseason. Only you are using a year where he had a bad stretch to say "look he can't play" because he was in the mvp convo after the first few weeks after the colts game. It was after the vikings game where had the bad stretch as of sleep and his play tailed off then he got hurt.

22. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    It does because they didn't throw it as much in reg or playoffs and the defenses were able to due more so they forced more turnovers. In Bradshaw Era guys like Mel Blount could molest you all.the way down the field. You don't think that played a role in more ints happening?

23. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    And Rodgers has a over 3 td int ratio in the playoffs. Ben is at 1.2.. they don't compare. Compare Ben's stats to guys in his Era. Not old guys who are judged far differently when it comes to statistics due to how the game is played.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    OK. Whatever. Funny it played out just like I told you. Go back and Look. He would suck in His own division, and only beat teams that are not use 2 seeing Him. That college gimmick is slowly disappearing. Every year the more that play him the more He will lose..
    I don't know why I'm repeating Myself. I told You all this before the season started.
    Stick 2 that MVP regular season award....Just like Matt Ryan, Cam Newton, Rich Gannon, and Boomer E. just 2 name a few with a magical lucky year, and never any SB wins.

• Like Like x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You still either throw a int, or a td. That so called era has been gone a long time. I know I watched. It didn't have 2 look it up. Most of the players I mentioned played afterwards. So wrong again. Funny how people like you will use stats compared against those guys You mentioned when it serves You, but they don't count when it doesn't. LoL