1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bengals LB Says They Knew What Steelers Would Run In 2nd Half

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Nov 21, 2022.

1. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    The point is that if something DOESN'T work, DON'T use it.

Of course, if something DOES work, KEEP using it.

Unfortunately, Steeler O keep using plays that DON'T work.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Problem is those plays that aren't working are because someone is messing up! You can't just not block a guy and expect the play to work then say F-it that didn't work let's not try that again. (Unless they really screw it up)

When you get behind the chains like they were in the second half, things change. Had the back-up center in there as well. Probably messed with the protection calls with him being out. Before that it looked like they were much better at covering when guys came on the rush.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Will getting rid of Canada make any difference? Canada was hired by the HC for whatever qualities that appealed to him to do so. Won't those same qualities still be applicable to the next hire? It stands to reason since the same coach is doing the hiring. Will there be a Canada 2.0 since the same hiring process may not be any different? One way to help avoid this is to have someone else doing the hiring that aligns the new OC with what is needed to be in the Steelers organization. Of course, this is assuming that anything like this even happens. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Tomlin cannot be allowed under any circumstances the authority to unilaterally hire the next OC of this team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don’t even bother mentioning him because he will be here for a while.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Early in that season, they weren't winning with mirrors. The offense was solid and the defense was dominant. Teams eventually realized that the passing game was horizontal without vertical and the defense suffered killer injuries, Bush in the blowout of the Browns and Dupree in that ****show against the Ravens.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    And in 1983, Craig Costello of the Erie Tech Centaurs (now Erie Central) walked on to the mat for the State Wrestling finals. He pointed to a spot in the circle and then proceeded to headlock John Fisher and pin him in 15 seconds. Craig was awarded the outstanding wrestler of the most prestigious state high school wrestling tournament that exists. He knew he was throwing a headlock. Fisher knew he was throwing a headlock. Both coaches knew it. The announcers knew it. The entire stadium knew it. It didn't matter. It was unstoppable. Babe Ruth pointed. Larry Bird told his opponents exactly what he was going to do on numerous occasions...and then did it. Everyone knew it was Brady to Gronk. Or Mahomes to Kelce. Nolan Ryan was going to throw a fastball. Phil Niekro was going to throw a knuckler...every batter knew it...it didn't matter. Honestly, trick plays are over rated. My best coaches taught me in every sport...do what you do and do it great. Make it unstoppable. (I tried but I wasn't that good). But the principle remains. Tomlin is right about this one. If you execute...it doesn't matter if your opponent knows what you are doing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    i don't even know if it is Matt Canadas fault anymore. The o line cannot block worth anything. can't even run simple plays.

9. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    correct - Rooney likes what he see's.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Meant to say....dig the new avatar :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Before SB IX coach Noll thought his players looked nervous so he told them “If you do what you have been taught you will win this game”.

• Like Like x 3
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's hard sometimes to let a punch just be a punch, a kick just a kick, a song just be a song. Sometimes that's all that separates good from bad performances. It's easy to say, but it's a human condition. I've seen guys that could for instance play a song perfectly, but get them in front of people....all of a sudden they can't play....same with anything. I've also see well trained fighters all of a sudden become like a statue when the stuff hits the fan....Sometimes the bigger the surrounding, or prize the harder it becomes....but most the greatest let a song... just be a song, and a catch just a catch.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. OB1

OB1 Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2022
    the issue is the Steelers don’t have any one of the caliber of these super humans you listed. Now what?

wouldn’t it be better if the opponents didn’t know what Steelers are gonna do since the steeler players are no where near these super elite humans?

• Like Like x 2
  14. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  15. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

Im starting to come around to the idea of a "new voice/ new message"
    It's nothing against any coach in particular but I am wondering if things have gone stale.

Something to shake it up. Some fantasy type stuff. Like this -

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

I agree. Nothing Tomlin has done in years gives me confidence of returning to former glory. I'm fully prepared and want to be proven wrong but there's just too much evidence to the contrary in my measly opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1