1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell to report monday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Aug 28, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what will he report? all's well at the strip club. i'm making 14.55 million for sitting at the strip club while yuz guyz practice. i'm not running hard for yuz guyz until later in the year so i dont get hurt and make bank next year. i dont have to practice cuz i'm king chit. could be all kind of reports coming. :smiley1::cool:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And Parker won us a super bowl because of his speed. Something Bell couldn't do because he dosent have the speed to get to the end zone like Parker did.

Also the games you mention in your other post about Bell were low scoring games which he touched the ball over 30 to 40 times a game and in one game against the chiefs no one scored touchtowns itbwas all field goals. Yes he did move the chains like I said but because of his amount of touches, other playmakers couldn't score because they didn't get enough touches. We were way too depending on Bell and that hurt us in the long run. I blame the offensive coaching philosophy and game planning for this.

3. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    Bell needs to get his ass on that field in Week One. This whole situation is just frustrating as hell and needs to end.

Whatever happens, everyone needs to shut up and play ball.

5. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    If Tomlin was smart... he would give Bell first two drives vs. Browns. If Bell looks good, then run him as usual. If he stinks up the joint... play Conner for the rest of the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I agree Bell needs to quit tweeting about fake news and all the other crap he is doing and get his ass into the Steelers practice facility. The Steelers just better plan on not giving Bell 30 plus carries and having the same gameplan in Cleveland next week like they did a year ago. Connor I think has earned the right to play more in the first game. He has been at practice and has put the work in. If he gets more carries and work then Bell in week 1 I have no problem with it what so ever.

7. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    He isn't getting paid a dime until he signs the tender and is active for a game. Every game he misses, he gives up nearly 900K.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    you start Conner and if he looks well then Bell stays on the bench ...

9. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I agree, that would be the most logical option, but I don't think Colbert and the Rooneys would appreciate a 14 million dollar back sitting on the bench.

10. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It be ok. You tell them it's Team building ..

Simply can't reward bad behavior and must reward hard work and dedication to the Team .

Make him start all ST's if you want . If he is so elite he should have good value on those ..

11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Correct we could. But we had at those times the absolute elite defense of the nfl. We were stacked. We had two dpoy on defense in polamalu and Harrison, casey Hampton all pro, lamar Woodley all pro ,james farrior pro bowl , young Timmons pro bowler, Ryan Clark, ike taylor, etc...we were stacked. This defense isnt in that defenses startosphere so for the current regime WE DO NEED BELL

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So you pay bell 14 million to not play him?

13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    This is what I'm talking about right here.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Odell had plenty of issues and just got paid far more guranteed than ab will get. It's simple pitt like ne and some others are just not the type of team that front loads contracts with guranteed money. They make you overtime earn it. Its that simple and leveon thought since he was a generational talent they would change for him. They wont and he has the right to go elsewhere to get what HE FEELS he should.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Good points.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

I think he can survive on what he made last year.:cool:

17. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    I am sure he can, but that wasn't the point of my statement. I was responding to your quote that suggested he gets paid 14m to sit a strip club this year. He doesn't get paid if he doesn't sign and show up. Each game he misses takes money out of the $14.5M pot. IF he misses 8 games and comes in, then he gets 7.25M paid out on a game by game basis.

18. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    This!

If we go into Cleveland next weekend expecting to win with turtle ball, we are going to get our a$$es handed to us. If we start the season as sluggishly as we did last year, we will be in deep, deep trouble. I live in Kansas City (unfortunately) and this Chiefs team coming in week 2 is going to be salty. They have a ton of offensive weapons and their new QB has a cannon for an arm. The 2nd half of this season is going to be a meat grinder. We MUST be sharp from day 1.

19. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Expecting the Steelers to be sharp in September is wishful thinking. I've been following this team long enough to know the team will not come out firing on all cylinders.... especially on offense. I hate to say it... but it's up to the D to win this game in Cleveland. If the D can get some stops on 3rd down, maybe a FF or INT, Steelers have a good chance of winning with Boswell kicking at least 3 field goals. I don't expect the offense to score more than two TDs. I'll be shocked if they do.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

21. Hoot

Hoot Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2018
    you made the incorrect statement in your original attempt at humor. changing the font color won't correct that. :drinks:

22. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We really need to do a FAQ thread. We use the green font to denote sarcasm. Welcome to the board.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I too have always believed this team not only over uses bell (which is another reason I'm glad he turned down the contracts) and is overly dependent on him... The lack of creativity and plan B game adjustments or game planning is a big deal honestly. When you don't have a certain piece you gotta get creative to rally around it. Same thing with the defense. Doesn't guarantee wins for sure, but it damn sure gives you a better chance of competing instead of flat out imploding when someone goes down... If not just outright keeps you a wee bit less predictable.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Charlie suggested he doesn’t see any possibility of Bell missing any games.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I see Bell reporting tomorrow.

• Like Like x 1