1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell to report monday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by FootballAnalyst98, Aug 28, 2018.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I realized during the game Saturday how spoiled we have become as a fan base in just three short years. I mean at the end of the Mendenhall era did anyone think they would turn their nose up at 4.4 ypc average runningback and say stuff like well he catches the ball nicely but he is no where near the receiving threat Bell is, he is no where near the pass blocker. Heck when Fast Willie was hurting there at the end many of us would have gone bonkers to have Conner on the team doing what he is doing. Yet here we sit patiently waiting for "The Juice"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Bell dosent have time to be a Trump fan. Leveon is all about Leveon 100% of the time. I doubt he takes even one second away from rubbing down fat strippers and smoking weed to ponder politics.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I would remove the franchise tag purely because of his use of a double negative.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree with the OP. Sick of this guy causing a stir all the time. I am done with him regardless of what he has done or will do. People want to believe he is the future he is not so if we move on it is really just a matter of sooner or later.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    He’s a generational talent with a 2 cent brain. As long as he shows up Monday he starts and we run the wheels off this season and say bye bye hopefully after a parade downtown.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    It continues to amaze me how much hate there is for Bell. He's been an incredible player for the Steelers and all he is doing now is trying to maximize his earnings in a profession that has an extremely short shelf life and is likely to leave him a physical wreck when it is over. For some reason players are supposed to be loyal to a team that would cut them in a heartbeat if it benefited them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You forgot to add by being a tool to the end of your paragraph.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Not how I see it. He is going about it all the wrong way. Just ask any of the other team members like AB. He needs to arrive act professional and have his handler negotiate on his behalf. If he does not get what he wants then move the f**k on

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Then why was everybody else in camp & pre-season?

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Because they all have signed contracts. He does not. He is using what little leverage he has. He has done nothing that violates any NFL rules. If people don't like that he can do this then they should be complaining about the CBA. Nobody seems upset that the Steelers were able to tag him for two straight years, forcing him to play for them with no recourse on his end other than being able to not report until right before the season. He has no protection if he gets hurt other than the one year tag deal. I don't begrudge him using what little leverage the CBA grants him.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Bell doesn't matter in the big picture. He's not the game changer the media makes him out to be. When has he ever took over a game like Barry Sanders or Jerome Bettis? The answer is: NEVER. Steelers have some up-and-coming RBs that can get them to the promised land if the D pans out and makes major improvements.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    He's the reason he doesn't have a contract. He got a big offer. His salary demands are insane. The truth is, he doesn't want to be in camp because he only cares about himself. Colbert should have shown him the door several months ago.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bell is doing what every person that works (or doesn't lol) does. Get as much money as they will pay you to do your job. Sure some people take less to be in a happier environment because they like the culture etc. But, some are after the ultimate dollar for their services and don't care. Bell is in that category of worker.

I don't think that makes him a bad person doesn't make the Steelers a bad employer. It's business, and we are letting our fandom turn to hate toward Leveon Bell.

If he performs poorly expect boos.
    If he plays great expect cheers.

That is the end of the story.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I get all the hate for Bell we are an old school organization, but people are acting like Conner is some all pro. Before I start I want to say I hope Conner is our future, his story alone is awesome. I did not watch the Tenn game yet but in the packer game Conner had 2 big runs. Go back and watch they nobody put a hand on him until at least 10 yards. The one run he ran in the hole and put on a very awesome move and the guy broke both ankles and Conner ran for 20+, the other long run it was just a big hole. I ham not taking anything away from Conner cause what he did after he was touched was great, I am just pointing out the fact that the average person don't see that they just see the numbers.

I hope Conner steps up and we are done with Bell but like I have said in the 80,000 other posts about Bell is with Ben only having 1-2 great years left our best chance at #7 is with Bell. One last thing on the Bell talk, this might not be over the Steelers do have the option to use a Transition tag next year.

Transition Tags

A transition player designation gives the free agent's team the right of first refusal. If the player receives an offer from another club, his initial team has seven days after his contract expires to match it and the player stays. If the team doesn't match the offer, the player moves on and the team receives no compensation at all.

It costs less to retain a transition player. The one-year contract is based on the average of the top 10 salaries for the position he plays instead of five, or 120 percent of the player's previous year's salary, whichever is greater.

15. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    As a player he is the best all around back in football and of course I hope he has a great game every game.As a team player he is very selfish and I don’t feel sorry for him being franchised two years in a row making over 26 million in that span which by leaps and bounds is more than every other back except Gurley’s recent contract.Silly me thinking he would show up to camp to at least get on the same page as the offense without having to play a preseason game because of injury possibilities!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Mack wants 22-24 million a year, the Steelers would never pay that much for a non QB.

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bell will regret not signing the Steelers offer. I don't see him putting up the #'s with his new team that he could in this offense. He will want to retire as a Steeler when he is done.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Personally, while I think Bell has talent..... I wonder how much of his success has been from the system and players around him.

Munchak came in and worked wonders with the OL
    We've had some stud WR's over that time, which allows room for the underneath stuff Bell runs

I'd have to think, he will not be able to find success elsewhere like he has here.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    It isn't about the numbers it is about the money and some team will offer him crazy money FULLY GAURENTEED! jmo

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

They may be foolish and offer some crazy amount but I agree with the op in that he may not have the same success running behind a questionable oline.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree with that as well I am not saying he will I am saying someone will pay him, pay him big and guarantee the whole thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Pouncey and DD are 2 of the best run blocking OL in the entire NFL . AB gets a double Team on almost every snap. Now add in Ju Ju and all the attention he gets and Bell should be open , he should have holes to run into ....

Bell has talent , but he is not as elite as he and some of his fans think .

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. fansince40s

fansince40s Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2013
    The thing with Bell in my opinion is he is hurting the team by not showing up for camp and staying out until the regular season comes around. He is out of sync, not game ready, and hasn't adapted to the speed and hits of the game right now. It will take him two or three games to get his game body and mind in sync and that hurts the team. He is getting paid huge bucks to be 100% ready to play when the season starts but he will not be ready. As others have said, he is all about him and not the team...Yea when he is game ready he is a great player but all this that is going on now isn't any good for him or the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. TheTerribleOwl

Sep 1, 2017
    Just like the Steelers took advantage of the CBA rules to force Bell to work for them for less than he thinks he is worth without the ability to shop his talents around, Bell is taking advantage of the CBA rules to come to work as late as possible. Why should he come in earlier than he has to when he gets nothing out of it? I am betting pretty much everyone on here would do the same damn thing at their jobs if they could. If I could stay home several extra weeks with no punishment from my employer I sure as hell would. It isn't like the team is going to show any loyalty to Bell if they think he isn't worth the money. They'd cut him without a second thought if they though it was in their best interests. For some reason fans expect loyalty from players to the team but they don't think the team has any need to display the same loyalty towards the players.

25. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Steelers are one if not the most loyal franchises in the NFL. We had the oldest roster for years after our last Super Bowl win paying guys for past accolades where the Ravens traded everyone and gave all the money to Flacco. I think most people don't have an issue with him wanting to get paid his worth but he's acting like a clown in the process. Not to mention when you find out the Steelers offered him a great deal that almost doubled the RB market and he's still complaining that rubs people the wrong way.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1