1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Any Ninja Turtles fans here?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by blountforcetrauma, Sep 29, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The new Ninja Turtles series premiered today on Nick and I was really skeptical of how it was gonna be but it's actually pretty dang awesome. I was irritated that they decided against hand drawn animation but actually the animation style is very diverse. I have a few quibbles with the new Splinter but I'm sure he'll grow on me. I bet that most people here are probably gonna read this and think "man that blountforcetrauma guy is a dork" but if there's any other dorks here I would just like to get your opinions on it.

2. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not going to judge. We all have our individual tastes, and preferences. It's not for me (I missed the boat in the 80s anyway). But we all are "geeks" or "nerds" for something. Yes, even car guys. Macho manly men, but in reality, they're "car nerds." ;)

Let your freak flag fly.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah lol. I mean I would say that MAYBE spending quite a bit of time on a message board would actually be "dorky" in most people's eyes. However, I wear the "dork" name as a badge of honor. A "dork" in my mind is someone who is really interested in a particular thing to the point that he really digs in to it more than the "average" or "normal" person. The dork gets excited about certain elements that the casual observer would view as "no big deal" but to the dork they mean everything. Like on the new Star Wars blu ray where the ewoks blink and people became enraged about it. That is dorky. Or like when you watch a movie multiple times to find things in the background or whatever(which I've done on this new episode of ninja turtles about 3 times today). I just think of a dork as a more in depth type of guy. But I love being a dork!

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I was a big fan of the original Ninja Turtes (the REAL original ones, meaning the Eastman-Laird B&W comics, which were very dark and violent). I was pretty annoyed when the 80s cartoon came out and made them colorful and goofy, although I still watched it anyway since I'd been a fan of the comics for a few years by then.

I never cared for many of the other iterations after that either, but my kids are now 5 & 8 years old and are big fans of the latest TMNT series. There was a movie called Turtles Forever which I actually liked, as it combined the newer series with the 80s series and with the original B&W comic turtles all in one storyline. It was very well done and was a good movie all around.

They did watch the premier of the new series today and liked it quite a bit, but I missed most of it because I was out mowing the lawn. I'll have to watch it with them to see what its like. :mrgreen:

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Turtles Forever was great! That's cool that you read the original comics. I'm only 30 and so my first intro to the Turtles was the 1987 series. I'm a die hard comic book fan now but I still don't collect the Turtles comics. The one thing I can say about the changes made for the series was that Eastman was on board for it and he's working REALLY closely for this one. The 03 series was probably as true to the comic as you will ever get because Mirage actually produced it. Actually this one is VERY inspired by the comics as far as their treatment of Splinter. The guy who plays Donatello's voice is the same guy that played Raphael's (my favorite turtle) in the original. Also Sean Astin and Jason Biggs are doing voices in it too. Shredder is now voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson who done the voice of Panthro in the new and AWESOME (but sadly finished") Thundercats series.

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tryin to find them NECA figures in store!!!!!

7. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow, when I first saw this, I thought BFT was back.

Speaking of NECA, I've purchased several of the Xenomorph figures recently. Pretty good looking figures.