1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Antonio Brown Mega Thread (Was: AB is upset he's being fined by the Raiders

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont understand why we turned down a 1 pick from the pats in a trade for AB when we already knew they didnt need AB to beat us

Patriots reportedly offered first-round pick for Antonio Brown trade, AB hired consultants to 'accelerate' release
    New England has always wanted Brown but couldn't get him from the Steelers, until he was released by the Raiders

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yep, I mentioned that about Gesicki in another thread.

4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    That hurts

5. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I call bull**** on the Mort "report" that he hired consultants to expedite his release. IF anything, I think he probably hired them to spin his bull**** behavior into a story like this...where people actually somehow believe that Brown is thoughtful and clever enough to play a long con to get his way. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Also, what team doesn't have a blacklist of trade partners? Of course they're not going to trade to the Patriots, a top conference or division rival.

7. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Easy to say in hindsight but the fans would have burned Heinz field to the ground if the team traded him to the Pats in the off season. There was no way to know he was going do what he did.

The Raiders are the ones who really got screwed over. He stole two picks from them and ruined their off season. Could his behaviour be construed as bringing the sport in to disrepute? It just seems so unbelievable that he gets away with it and gets everything he wants.

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don’t think Brown came up with the idea. I think that was Kraft and Bellychuck. All Brown had to do was keep quiet about it for a few months.

9. Hawaii 5-0

Hawaii 5-0 Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2019
    Jerry Rice: Antonio Brown 'played' everyone, wanted to go to New England Patriots all along

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

New England reportedly signed Antonio Brown for the 2019 season after the receiver received his release from the Oakland Raiders.

NFL legend Jerry Rice said Monday there was something fishy going on with Antonio Brown’s departure from the Oakland Raiders and his almost immediate signing with the New England Patriots.

Rice, in a radio interview with 95.7 The Game in San Francisco, said he believes that Brown wanted to end up with the Patriots all along — even before he was traded to Oakland.

“We all got played, man. We did,” he said. “I'm gonna be honest with you, because, this guy, he contacted me and he told me that he wanted to play ball here in the Bay Area. He wanted to be part of the San Francisco 49ers. So, I bought into it because I can only take a man at his word and stuff like that. But I think this, it was pretty much already planned. He had to take a different direction.”

Brown signed the Patriots hours after he was released by the Raiders. The Brown drama began almost as soon as minicamp opened up for NFL teams.

to read rest of article:

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/jerry-rice-antonio-brown-patriots-signing

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Brown is nuts, but that doesn’t mean the Steelers didn’t screw up. I’m not interested in saying I’m wrong when I am clearly right. I said they were wrong at the time and the current situation for the Steelers and for Brown is evidence in favor of my claim. I’m not reinventing anything. My argument is what it has been all along. I’m just presenting further evidence as it comes to light.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Who here is saying Brown is misunderstood? Brown’s many flaws aren’t the point of contention. Brown and the Steelers can both be wrong. In fact, they were both wrong.

12. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Doesn’t that make it worse that the Patriots got him for nothing?

The Steelers made a mistake and where Brown ended up is even further proof of that claim

13. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    BB as the parent in the background :roflmao:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    AB is all about money, there is not a snowballs chance in hell he walked away from 30 million on purpose. Fittipaldo who knows AB a lot better than us and Rice, said as much.

Seeing the details of his contract is even more proof that none of this was orchestrated. If it was, NE wouldn't be protecting themselves from his lunacy. Steelers were right for getting rid of him, Raiders were right for releasing him and NE is doing what it always does trying to capitalize on an opportunity. They put winning above all else, it's a pity and shameful they are giving AB a chance and rewarding him for his terrible behavior, he likely would have been out of football for the year and would have deserved it.

16. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Imagine if Brown was drafted by another rival let's say the Ravens, he plays for them at the same level then quits on them , appears to go nuts over the off season. Then he gets traded to say Miami and continues his craziness only to get released. The Steelers are sitting there and he wants to come here to give his former team the Raven's the big FU. Would we not have taken the same chance as NE to get either a top 3 WR or a total nut job for a relatively small contract with options to rid yourself of him if he is a nut job.

17. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011

Yikes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Hmmmmmm

19. BobbyBiz

Nov 30, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    If any of this sticks, and I have at least some thought why it might not, I will absolutely say I was wrong and the Steelers were absolutely right to get rid of him. I will do so even though it is evidence that came well after the fact and it seems likely the Steelers didn't know about these accusations.

That is IF any of it sticks, and given that this is a lawsuit, not a criminal investigation, I have some doubt. That should sound familiar to anybody who followed the lawsuit against Roethlisberger by the hotel employee. (Not the one by the woman in Georgia.) Keep in mind they stood by Roethlisberger when he was facing two rape accusations.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SteelersfaninPhilly

SteelersfaninPhilly Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2018
    Wait and see what happens if and when she has a sitdown with the NFL.

22. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Antonio Brown accused of sexual assault in suit

23. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Definitely a wait and see situation. Innocent until proven guilty.

I'm just not so sure the Pats are gonna wait around on this one.

24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wonder if NE will stand behind him or release him. Do they really want this distraction?

The text messages corroborates at least some of her story.

25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011