1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Andy Reid say's No No No to playing his starters

Discussion in 'Smack Talk Central' started by AluminumFoilD, Dec 24, 2013.

1. AluminumFoilD

AluminumFoilD New Member

Dec 24, 2013
    I love the crying tears of the Nation complaining about Reid when you should look at your own coaching staff and blame them for missing the post season. Good job beating the Packers with no A Rod but you all were exposed this year by allowing the longest TD run ever by a QB and 55 points of butthurt put on you by the patriots. Blame Reid? Hold onto your six rings you all go on about and enjoy the play offs. You are no longer the AFC north leaders Bengals will enjoy that and their punter can manage a smile from your cheap shot players knowing Bengals have a shot at the chip. Boo hoo when you see San Diego walk in and play a preseason game this weekends!

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    You know, I'm all for some good smack talk.

But honestly what is this? It's not smack, it's just dribble. No one here brought up the 6 rings, you did. What team do you follow?

I'll play your game and answer some of your statements. I think I speak for many people here by saying that if the Steelers don't make the playoffs, the most finger pointing will be at themselves. Sure, it would be nice if the Chiefs didn't roll over for the Chargers, but that's on them. They (the Chiefs) earned their spot in the playoffs and if they want to rest their players, more power to them. I'm not sure how a fan base wishing their favorite team gets into the post season as a bad thing. That's called being a fan. This team really dropped the ball in the begining of the season. I could sit here and name reasons why, but that's irrelevant. It won't change the outcome of a game already played. Where this team is sitting now is a direct result of falling flat at the beginning of the year.

Funny thing about the playoffs, though. Often times it's not the statistical best team that wins it all, but the hot team (ie: 2007 NYG)

3. AluminumFoilD

AluminumFoilD New Member

Dec 24, 2013
    Giants had a DLine that could pressure Brady and keep him uncomfortable in the pocket. This Steelers D is old and used up. You finally had a 100 yd rusher last week that ended a 23 game streak. That's pathetic...

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Welcome to the board. How long have you been a Steelers fan? It's been a pretty tough season for us all but that's mainly because of how spoiled we are from our decades of success. You should come over and join us on the main board. Also stop by the welcome thread to say hey to everyone. I appreciate your input and totally agree that we have no one to blame but ourselves and that our coaches weren't up to par as much as we needed them to be this year. I look forward to hearing more of your input.

5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :rolleyes: Weak sauce.

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Even though he mentions the Bengals, how much do you want to bet he's a Browns fan? :lolol:

7. AluminumFoilD

AluminumFoilD New Member

Dec 24, 2013
    I'm a football fan but thanks for the add! Just bringing the smack talk and reality that this team is looking like the Browns right now with the exception Big Ben who is a good QB. If Haley let Ben run the no huddle early on you would be 10-5 right now. Le'Veon being hurt too doesn't help. Should have drafted Lacy IMO.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Awful lot of Steelers fans on this board who hope the Steelers don't make the playoffs.

9. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Its been my experience when talking football with someone who likes to bast a historically good team than says "Im a football fan" doesnt have the intestinal fortitude to pick a team, is a fan of a historically bad team or is a bandwagon fan. They cant stick with one team year after year decade after decade. Through the up years. Through the down ones. The miracle wins and heartbreaking losses.Waiting on draft day for your teams #1 pick and when it is finally made the first thought you have is either "YES" or "WTF". Waiting for the schedule to be announced than planing your life around those 16 games so you dont miss any.And no matter how bad your team did the year before just before the first kickoff in the opening game you always think "This is our year".

I feel sorry for these people who arent fans of teams but call themselves football fans. I am a fan of football.

But first and foremost I am a STEELERS fan and proud of it!!!:herewego!:

10. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Geez Glenn, give it a rest.

[​IMG]

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dang that rabbit drummed all the way in to SPACE!

12. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ummm.... What scientific method did you use to determine that we will blame missing the postseason (if it happens) on Reid resting his starters? The reason this team will probably (IMHO) miss the playoffs has nothing to do with this weekend but has something to do with the big old fat 8 in the L column.

One long run by a QB exposed the Steelers? Seriously? :rolleyes:

We're no longer the AFCN leaders but the Bangles haven't won a playoff game in 2 decades! They won the division last year, how'd that work out for them? Oh yeah, one and done AGAIN! Good for them, they must be really proud if their only goal is to make it to the playoffs.

Cheap shot players? Find me one team that hasn't committed a personal foul / unnecessary roughness penalty. Go ahead, I'll wait right here.

Who is your team anyway? You mentioned the Bangles, Pats, Packers and Chargers. Are you a front-runner or are you just another Steeler hater?

13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    wonder where it would be if we mixed

The Trix Rabbit
    the Nesquik Rabbit
    with this
    The Energizer Bunny
    ah heck
    throw the Cadbury Bunny in there too.

14. blountforcetrauma