1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB being AB.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by dirty, Jan 2, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The guy is mentally unstable

Do you really not see this

2. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I never said anyone was desperate for my approval, but you do seem desperate for anyone to approve of your unquestioning loyalty to Antonio Brown.

Since you asked, I am an English teacher. Part of my job is to teach my students to be critical thinkers. Perhaps you should try that with Brown rather than just accepting whatever foolishness he and his agent put out there.

What Evans said was that Brown was upset about not getting the ball enough. Clearly, that is evidence that he and his agent are lying when they claim that Brown was upset because Arians wanted him on the field and Brown felt that he was too badly injured to play. That, along with many other things in his history, destroys Brown's credibility when related to this incident and everything else. Once again with Brown, it was at least partially about money. The team refused to guarantee his incentives for 2021 earlier in the week. That led to even more selfishness about getting the ball, which led to the confrontation with Arians when Brown refused to go back into the game. Sure, that was incredibly stupid for Brown to do that because he can't get the ball if he's not on the field. What came next, stripping off his pads and dancing off the field, was even dumber.

Losing Brown when they did really hurt the Steelers. Losing players earlier than expected has had a devastating effect on this team. That includes Brown, DeCastro, Shazier, and Tuitt. I'm with you in thinking that many Steelers' fans underestimated what the team was losing when he was traded, but I do not understand this desperate need to support him in his selfish, insane behavior.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    He does have mental instability. I'm not denying that.

• Like Like x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    You've constantly brought up your thoughts or approval to me as if I asked or care about such.

Again missing the point I was making. I've been over what happen in regards to why he didn't go back in the game. The moment it came out what BA said to him and BA confirmed that he told him to "gtf", I knew that right there is what led to AB throwing his pads and jersey to the stands. Never said that made him not play. Why he didn't play? Probably was due to money and not getting targets. But why he lashed out like he did and acted a fool? Because BA disrespected him.

7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, that's crap. Any coach worth a damn would react exactly the same way to a player refusing to go into the game because he wasn't getting the ball enough. Brown isn't a child, though he certainly acts like one. In no way does what Arians said excuse Brown's behavior. Honestly, refusing to go back in the game is a far bigger deal than his display as he left the field, though the latter got more attention. He quit on his teammates, and not for the first time, yet you keep defending him.

Regarding the first part of your post...:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    That's why I was so fixated on his reasoning for having the outburst. That's what may have ended his nfl career. If he just walked back to the lockeroom i don't think the situation garners the attention that it did and he's likely getting a job this offseason. But that may have hindered it. Not going back into the game was a bad look but the worst thing he did was carry himself that way. And to AB he crossed the line. I'm still surprised AB didn't swing on him.

9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
  10. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    WTF is a fwaygo?

11. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Maybe something like this?

Borrowed from the Spanish word for fire, fuego is used in English as a slang term for something “excellent” or “sexy,” with the phrase en fuego expressing something “on fire,” or “performing extremely well.”

Dunno but it would fit with ABs view of himself

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    :shock:

@FootballAnalyst98

Let it go man! We get it!! You like A.B. I cannot speak for others but I have no issue if you do or not. The issues stem from the inability to admit any wrongdoings that A.B. has commited.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

• Like Like x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

?????? ........ On a side note, what a **** festival, i woudnt walk across the street to attend it

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    I would need a boat load of something good too.
    Why so many Lil this Lil that?
    so i take it Brown is performing here. wanna bet he takes or comes out with his shirt off?
    AB stands for Antonio Brown right? Not abs?

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    While I agree. Remember My Friend. E2TO, or each 2 their own. He probably wouldn't walk across the street 2 see the festivals We go 2.
    I know We're right ,and He's wrong, but still. LoL :thumbs_up:
    Respect 2 everyone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    As my mom used to say, "To each his own, said the old lady as she kissed a cow...."
    You're right. Different ages, different genres of music. While I couldn't get far enough away from a festival like this, I wouldn't go near any music festival. Not because I don't like music, I don't want to be around that many people!

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I hear You. I have 2 take the edge off....it's the only way I can.

19. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    “Bruce Arians has to respect me as a player,” Brown said to Clark. “I’m in the middle of a game, how you gonna tell me get the ‘F’ out of here? You know how it is in a game with testosterone and how you act on game day. You probably would have slapped him. If I can’t play, I can’t play. It’s a deltoid ligament.

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    So, now that lunatic thinks that his boss HAS to respect him? Umm.....no. Arians doesn't HAVE to respect anyone. Neither do you or I.

• Like Like x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Doesn't have to no. But that also doesn't mean AB will tolerate being treated any kind of way. May not have to respect him but obviously he also doesn't want you to disrespect him.

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Reminds Me of one of My favorite skits by D. Chappelle....When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong. LoL

23. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Anybody know how AB's offseason foot surgery has gone? I mean after the meltdown and Ariens making him play hurt, I'm sure he has had to have surgery done by now in order to be ready for summer camp.

• Like Like x 1
  24. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL good point. I hope he recovered and can walk again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Nope. I checked, and it’s still firmly in his mouth, which presents an even bigger problem when considering which orafice his head is currently stuffed into.

• Winner Winner x 1