1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

AB being AB.

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by dirty, Jan 2, 2022.

1. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Cam Heyward would like to have a word with you.

• Like Like x 2
  2. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    You defending a guy who called his GM a cracker and threatened to kick his ass is hilarious. Give this up, you're not very good at it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 3
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Hey You can't use that word. LoL ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Not saying other positions can't be leaders. In just saying thay position requires leadership more than any other one.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    So? Mayock should've slapped him.

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, someone is trying to spin something alright. Obviously Ben has been a good leader. I guess Brady isn’t anymore since AB has turned on him.

He was cleared to play, I never said it can’t flare up during a game. I explained the flare up is what BA is referring to when he said he wasn’t aware of it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pay me more money because even though we have a signed contract and we are only 2 years into it OBJ got more money, so and so got more money I deserve more money.

See you remember his scorched earth policy in order to get out of Pittsburgh very differently than what actually happened. He wanted out for the sole reason that guys he deemed lesser players than him were getting paid and so he went crazy. AR2 meet with him, in Florida, he met with him to find a way to heal the rift and get Brown back to practice and honoring his contract. The owner came to Brown and Brown still forced his way out. Then to further disrespect his boss he tells the press what the meeting was about and why he was moving on.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    I think you are fooling yourself and you'd admit that if it wasn't the guy who's ability you are blinded by. In the end when it happens to you and you take it in stride as happening all the time come back and tell us how you are perfectly ok with getting cut for the guy who is a bad human being

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    not remotely the same thing BA did.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    AB said Brady is a close friend. He said Brady only did what he did for him because of football which everyone knew. and again did he force his way out of Tampa? Did he say I don’t want to play with Brady no more? No. Tampa cut him. Had that incident not happened with BA he’d still be in Tampa bay. So stop talking about him turning on Brady as if it’s comparable to what he said about Ben.

also ab said THE SAME THING about Ben. Why? Because Ben threw him the ball and helped him get all those numbers he had.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2...-antonio-brown-ben-roethlisberger-record-nfl/

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...erger-i-never-realized-how-good-i-had-it/amp/

So that’s not proving anything about him being a leader. Someone helping you get numbers doesn’t mean that they are a great leader lol.

Also you keep saying he was cleared to try to reference as if he wasn't hurt during the game just because he was cleared. It's something he already was dealing with prior to the game not a brand new injury. I don't think he needed to run to the doctors and say hey look this same ankle I've been dealing with for weeks is now hurting again so reevaluate me so I can figure out what's wrong. When you aggravate something you're already dealing with for WEEKS you don't need a doctor to try to confirm that for you.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2022
  11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    ah I see the disrespect must be of a certain type to warrant the response. So a player saying I'm too hurt to play and the coach saying your fired that rises to the level of you can't tolerate disrespect and BA disrespected him while disrespecting your owner and violating your word and signed contract just because you want more money that is just petty. Ok gotcha. When the real world finds you please go quietly

• Winner Winner x 2
  12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Can't wait to see what you say about Brown after you two get a divorce!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I just wasted the last coffee of the day on the floor because of this comment ^^^^^^^:lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    he didn’t curse at Rooney or anything like that. A man saying get the **** out and signaling his hands to wave you off is disrespectful. You can’t just talk to people any kind of way. Mcnabb telling t.o to “shut the **** up” is what made T.O turn on him. Certain things you don’t say to people.

15. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    In a business that’s about performance and production? It’s why the Brooklyn nets just let Kyrie Irving come back as a part time player even though at first they said no because he was unvaccinated and New York rules didn’t allow him to play at home. Because their in the business of WINNING GAMES. Not worrying about who’s the best model citizen. Same thing with AB. It’s why Tom wanted him. Tom didn’t care about who he was as a person. He cared about how AB could help him win football games. That’s what every nfl team is out there competing for. Not a Nobel peace prize.

16. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018

17. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    disrespect is disrespect, you are splitting hairs. The Rooney's operate on the premise that something are better left in private, they don't talk about team business and they don't embarrass themselves of their employees in public. You have absolutely no insight on what happened at the airport in Florida or what was said beyond AB's spinning it afterword to talk about how it was best for him to move on. To give Brown credit he didn't stick it to Art anymore than was necessary but he was the only one talking to the press that day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    When the real world calls go quietly kid. They don't care about your views on business, they don't care about how you think this is the way life is, they chew you up and spit you out. Brady wanted Brown because he likes Brown and beyond the talent there is no other reason. There are more guys on the Bucs who are better and helped the team win a SB than AB, Jones bailed that team out way more last season than AB

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh for ffs man, go read Bells tweet again. “I honestly wouldn’t have made it this far without you.” Because Ben taught him how to be a football player, showed him the ropes. Where did Ben hurt you? You’re the type of person that would try and argue a cow isn’t a cow.

HE WAS CLEARED TO PLAY! Are you thick??? Every week players are in question on whether they will play or not and then get cleared on Friday and guess what, they play the ****ing game! That is what BA was going by, he didnt know about any “flare” up because it didnt happen! AB IS LYING THROUGH HIS TEETH and you are so in love with him you gobble it up.

Brady knows what happened, he knows AB is lying, he knows AB has problems, thats why he is asking people to be compassionate towards him and hopes he gets the help he needs. You are the only one foolish enough to still believe AB. It’s not Brady, it’s not Ben, its AB, always has been always will be, stop enabling him.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    In what world?

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

This attitude right here is one of the problems with tHis country today. Words don’t justify an assault. It’s beyond ****ed up. When you end up locked up for acting like a dumbass remember you’ve got no one else to blame, but the man in the mirror. Try to make sure you don’t assault the wrong person or you could end up with two center mass.

• Winner Winner x 1
  22. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    No. Your boy AB showed his true colors once again. He is a despicable human being and you trying to defend him because what happens off the field doesn't matter, is absolutely ludicrous.

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    Bullsh!t. Leadership doesn't convey merely because of position on the team. You clearly have disdain for Ben and his supposed "poor leadership" yet you constantly give your boy AB a pass for some of the sh!ttiest behavior ever witnessed in the NFL. There is not a different behavior standard because of the position someone plays or their abilities/performance. If you believe that, then you are in for a rude awakening when you get out of school and have to go to work for a living.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    When has Brady despite ANY situation ever called anyone out or said anything about anyone publicly? That's not Tom Brady. He doesn't get involved in things like that. So Tom Brady saying what he said does not matter. He's a leader. He doesn't publicly name drop teammates and talk bad about them specifically.

And that's why i brought Adam theilen who was also CLEARED TO PLAY and left the game afterwards due to reaggravating the injury. He wasn't just questionable he had missed multiple games this season due to the ankle injury. Not just not practicing.

Ab for the horrible person he is can teach someone how to be a football paper. Thay doesn't prove you're a leader lmao what? Leaders are people who don't call people out publicly by name and blame them for why they made a mistake. Leaders are someone who doesn't openly CRITICIZE A COACH and then ultimately is the reason they are gone (cough Todd haley). What did Ben do to Emmanuel sanders? What did he do to Joey porter? Ryan clark? Hines ward? The list goes on. I guess they all were in love with AB and just criticized Ben for not being a leader for no reason.

And injury aside, the moment I heard what BA told AB tegardless for whatever reason that right there is what sparked the reaction. Whether it was targets, injury, abuse kids, girlfriend, agent, etc.. whoever the moment Arians addressed AB like that and told him to get the **** off the field I knew that's ultimately what did it. Ab is somebody who won't allow another man regardless of the authority to talk to him like dat.
    Look at how plenty of player shave acted when coaches addressed them certain as. Hell Brady even almost got physical with Bill Obrien and Josh McDaniels cause I'm sure Brady felt they disrespected him.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    There's multiple people that have played the game and coached the game that would tell you the position of qb is held to a different standard than any other position. The qb is the guy thats the franchise. Everyone should act a certain way obviously but it's more expected from the qb than anyone. That's why people are so critical of baker, Rodgers, ben, etc.. the qbs that don't conduct themselves a certain way. Talent is not enough at that position.