1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A terrible possibility (Poll)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Usually....Agree with you but, HELL NO! Bell WAS a great RB, But he is done, Toast!

He has NO speed, burst, nothing ..He is shot and done! CEH was hurt and the Chiefs don't even play him! They play 4th team RB Daryl Williams

Father Time is undefeated, and Bell was never fast...Now, After Tomlin " ran his wheels off " when he didn't have to, because he had competent backups ( just ANOTHER reason Tomlin is clueless ) but that's been addressed ad nauseum...

Again... You're a great poster on here...But Bells wait, wait, wait, hesitating, patient style behind this OL...OMG, He would never come close to getting back to the LOS...

He's Toast!

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    STEELWINDS -
    Bell coming back would have been a PR disaster for the Steelers so that was never even a possibility. Bell whined his way to more money while taking a year off during the prime of his career just to party. He then found out his worth wasn't nearly what he determined himself what it should be. Went to a colossal failure of a team and demanded out in familiar fashion. Now he is on a team 1 game away from the SB playing a deep secondary type role. Not a peep out of him.

AB who just is an incredible freak of talent got hit one too many times in the head apparently and it unleashed his hidden ultra bizarre ego. He kicked and screamed like a toddler and even performed illegal violent acts while getting himself suspended over and over again in the league that provided his fame and fortunes. Bounced around from team to team to team showing more and more immaturity so much so that he was booted out of the league for a period of time. Now he's back in the NFL on a team 1 game away from the SB playing a secondary type role. Not a peep out of him.

LeGarrett Blount never found his game with the Steelers mainly because of his stupid off field activities but also a failure by the coaching staff to use him correctly. He whined, screamed and pouted to get kicked off the team. Went and won the SB while playing a secondary type role. Not a peep out of him during that Championship run.

My point is these players, among few others act like adolescents with Mike Tomlin's coaching staff and then get to a team that mysteriously makes them grow up and perform the way they should have all along. I am not lumping this all on Mike Tomlin. It's bigger than that. I'm just saying the culture here in Pittsburgh is loosely run and it's a major concern.

Go Bills!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Kind of, both years the team made very compelling offers. After his holdout he reportedly signed for less money than the Steelers offered. It's business, I have never held it against Bell for his production warranted more, I do not fault the Steelers for not offering more than they felt they could.

4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Neither - it's all about Tyler Matekevich and the Bills. Buffalo deserves it after being the "Agony of Defeat" team for so many SB runs. (Although - Gary Jones' hit on Don Beebe back in the late 80's playoff game, still resonates wonderfully. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  5. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I'll be rooting for a Meteorite to slam into Raymond James Stadium.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Just curious, why don't you think so?

7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I feel the same way.

Even if the position wasn't valued, his position in our offence was huge.

8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Brady. Seasoned. Has been in these situations before. Plus the weapons at his disposal and a pretty stout defense.

Not saying I wouldn't be rooting hard against any NFC team but I feel as much as the Bills have improved, I feel they still aren't quite there yet. Allen is coming of his own which bodes well for taking the division going forward and Diggs is a stud. Its the defense that concerns me. Weak division helped ( and who doesn't just get a big grin to see the cheats under 500).

But anything can happen! But I feel they are a bit outclassed not only by Tampa Bay but Kansas City and Green Bay as well.

Just my 2 cents but it's probably only worth a penny...

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Haven't watches a single play off game nor will I after the steelers crapped the bed yet again on their first playoff game. You can pretty much count on them being one and done with Tomlin here

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Bills go to the SB & they notch another loss. KC for me because don't want the Pack or Brady winning another one.

Allen has won like 8 in a row, don't see him making it 10.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m rooting for the Bucs

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    AB quit on his team for a game Bell quit for a season.

13. Hearts / Steelers

Hearts / Steelers Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2018
    It'll count for "dick" but the Bills deserve one after what they dealt with in the 90's, so *I hope for them.

*That's them effed for sure now, then. :(

14. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    ABB anybody but Brady I just dislike him so freaking much, I hate seeing his face I hate seeing him give his receivers the stink eye or seeing him bark at his offensive line.

I am pulling for the Bills if not them then Green Bay.

15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    ABB&AB?

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    You're very optimistic. I really like Allen and Buffalo, but it's early for them still. Most up and coming teams don't win it all the first time they really compete. It often takes at least a year to figure things out, if not a couple years. As good as Mahomes was 2 years ago, he couldn't get the job done. Besides, the best QB often wins in the playoffs. Right now, that's Mahomes. I know he was hurt, but not sure anything will be lingering. The concussion definitely won't be or he wouldn't be playing. I've had concussions. He'll be his normal self.

As for GB vs TB. Rodgers is the far better QB but TB is the better team, on paper. TB did smash GB earlier this year? What does that mean? Not a damn thing. All I know is I'm excited for the game.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Where is the Neither button....or None of the above.

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bills have been up and coming for a few years now, this seems to be the year it is all coming together. It’s not like they are a bunch of rookies. The only clear cut advantage I see that KC has over the Bills is at TE. Mahomes is better than Allen but Allen is still very good.

Tampas defense was playing much better earlier when they played GB, they have been playing better again as of late but I don’t think at the level it was. They also won’t have AB this game.

Both games should be very good though. Good day of football.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    They’re both douchebags so it’s a push. Ultimately I could care less.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Beebe still playing hard after his team was down by a ton of points is my favorite SB highlight after all the Steeler ones. He chased down that Dallas Cowboy who was shucking and jiving after recovering a fumble and knocked the ball out of his hand. The Cowboy was shocked it happened.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry my wife was lurking behind me and said to ask how much more less could you care:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. steel machine

Sep 21, 2017
    Me too. Never a fan of the Packers. If not the Bills then Bucs.

I do hate Brady but if anybody deserves 7 SB's, it's him.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Kirkland

Kirkland Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2020
    Tell your wife it’s open-ended. If I really, really thought about it I won’t lose sleep over the topic in question nor would I hold any real angst. I guess I would care enough to give it a passing thought and spend however many seconds it took to type my previous post.

She can quantify that however she’d like.

24. Steelersfire

Steelersfire Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2019
    Our o-line wouldn’t have worked for any RB in the entire league. Perhaps Jim Brown or Adrian Peterson at their peaks when they could just run over everyone.

Because that’s what they would have to do everytime they touch the ball, many times in the backfield.

center got blown up almost every game for 4 months.

25. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Now or never for the Bills, they are healthy and rolling at exactly the right time and may never get back here. Allen’s play at this level is probably not sustainable and they are going to have to give him an astronomical contract this off season. They don’t have a couple of years to figure things out imo. This is their shot!