1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

A good thing about having a QB battle in this preseason is.....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Woodson two-six, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Woodson two-six

Woodson two-six Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2019
    We get to see them all actually play. Unlike years' past, when Ben would run a series or two or every other team in the league would do the same with their starter, we get to see them.

It feels like Pickett got all of the attention, and he did play very well for his first time out but....

Let's not forget that there were some positive things from the other two guys, that actually have experience. Trubisky showed some toughness standing in the pocket and delivering the ball (and getting leveled on one play). Mason looked way different. I have to admit, I have never been a fan of his. I felt his pocket awareness and even his delivery was very poor (the last few years). But sometimes, the light just turns on for guys. It's like that freshmen in a collegiate football program, who looks lost and out of his element, that grows up and impresses as a 5th year senior (perseverance and hard work).

It was only game one of the preseason but I like that there are still 3 options to get another look at. In the past, we would have just been biding time till the opening kickoff of the reg season (when Ben would show up game 1) but now, this preseason gives us a chance to watch someone win the job and carry their momentum into the regular season. And be surrounded by better cast around them, more consistently for the reg season!

Go Steelers!

• Like Like x 3