1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

5 Bold Draft Predictions

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Apr 21, 2022.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This will be true no matter who the pick is

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I think ill make this my bold prediction also....lol

Peter King has Pittsburgh taking Kenny Pickett at #20 as the first QB out of the board.
    Malik Willis wasn't selected in the Top 32.

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wouldn't put much stock in what King says.

4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I dnt put stock in what any of them say, but i saw a guy on the Nfl channel say the Steelers will have their pick of QBs at 20, said he didnt expect any to cone off board till at least pick 20

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I think Willis goes in the top 15, some team might trade up for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    My bold prediction is that @STD will pass out if the Steelers pick Malik Willis. If Tomlin allows Willis to keep his college jersey number of #7, then the Suicide Hotline better have someone on site at STD's house.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Love this except don't trade up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. You are correct. LoL.
    Truth is ....if He is drafted I will root for Him, and Hope that a Guy that ran from real competition in Auburn 2 go 2 a small school like liberty, and still was average......has grown some balls(can I say that on Here???).
    Some people have forgotten this, but think He will be fine,and compete in the NFL. If We pick Him .....please let Me be wrong :beg: for once about a Qb in the last 6 drafts.

9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You keep saying that, what kind of fan wouldn’t :lolol:

And 40 TD’s is average?

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yes against the competition He faced. Also I'm talking passing....27 tds....Sorry Im talking about a Qb not a RB:shrug:. Funny people only bring up rushing TDs for a Qb if their passingis lacking. Like nobody brings up Joe Burrows 13 rushing Tds in college....only His 60 Tds thrown.:shrug:.....I watched Him(M. Willis)play 2 whole games, and all those TDs must have come from one of those West New Mexico high schools He played. LoL
    Also You would be surprised how many so called fans would like 2 see players fail ....just so they could say they are correct. I ...Myself would rather be wrong.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Top Five Boldest Predictions for me!! They are as follows:

1.) Four of the Five First Picks Will be EDGE Players:

While I do expect either Ahmad Gardner or Ickey Ekwonu to be the one's who are not of the above, the first four teams need pass rushing help... BAD. While this class does not necessarily have a "Slam Dunk" EDGE Player... Hutchinson or Thibs are about as close as one gets. Jermaine Johnson and Trayvon Walker are also gifted enough to go this high; Jermaine for his multiple arrary of moves to get to the QB (though he will have to be quick) and Walker for the multiple alignments he can be deployed to do so (though he is far better a run defender at this point).

2.) Jermaine Johnson Is Selected Before Kavon Thibodaux:

Thibodaux is not doubt the superior pass rushing talent but does not have the motor one would want in such a high investment. While Jermaine's skillset still needs work for counter moves, he does have the motor that is worthy of such a selection.

3.) Derek Stingley Falls To Baltimore:

While Baltimore's secondary is formidable on paper, Marcus Peters is not getting any younger and is coming off a Torn ACL. Granted, Derek Stingley is coming off his own injury along with some questions about his overall performance after his historic Freshman Season. That said... this is the Ravens and boy oh boy do they love to stock up on Corner talent.

4.) Daxton Hill Is Taken Before Kyle Hamilton:

This one does sound nuts on paper but does have some truth behind it in some cases. Hamilton is the more versatile player but Hill is the more natural Free Safety. Given that many teams are attempting to look for that multi role, Deep Centerfielder a la Minkah Fitzpatrick... do not bet against Hill here.

Final One

5.) Malik Willis Falls to Pittsburgh Without the Team Trading Into the Top 10:

This does sound like some form of fairy tale but hear me out. While it is true that teams like New Orleans, Carolina Atlanta, Seattle or even Detroit could take Willis at their spots... the question is will they? Yes, you do need that guy to get you to the promised land. However..... is Willis going to be that guy for those teams? Let us break down each team carefully....

Detroit:

Yes, Detroit had Malik Willis in for a visit and yes, he could still go as high as number two overall here. However, even in the event that Willis is the pick, Hutchinson is very much in play... provided if Baalke can give Brad Holmes the assist here and nab Trayvon Walker as the number one overall pick. Heck, even if Hutchinson is not the pick and Walker is available, Walker could likely go number two overall for Dan Campbell expects 100% effort from his players; something that Kavon seemingly does not have.

Atlanta:

Having Malik Willis would seriously help here as Mariota is a bridge option.. nothing more. However, outside of Kyle Pitts... who else would he be throwing the football to if/when Marcus Mariota gets injured. As much as I hate bringing up a players injury history, Mariota has never shown he can stay healthy for a full season. Heck, even if Mariota could play a full season, that still does not undermine the absolute lack of weapons for Willis to use within a year's time period. While Willis has the special traits needed to get Atlanta to the promised land... he alone cannot be the sole reason. A QB is dependent on the team around them if that team wants to win a Super Bowl; Matthew Stafford being just the latest example.

Carolina:

Now... Carolina could trade back for more capital here but then one up the Steelers to trade a pick or two higher than them; New Orleans themselves being a possible trade target for Dallas and Philly did this a season ago. However, while the idea of nabbing a QB is a must here... so is actually protecting him. Again, Willis cannot do it all alone even if he is capable of creating nothing from something when avoiding the rush. That cannot be done forever and a good line will be needed to support him. As it stands, drafting an impact player must be on the mind of Matt Rhule for he already has one foot in his proverbial grave regarding his status as a Head Coach. An Offensive Tackle like Charles Cross may not be the new QB he wanted but Cross' abilities in Pass Protection will yield far greater dividends early on than what Willis ever could as Willis... is simply not ready to be thrusted into the lineup with such a porous line.

Seattle:

This team... truly loves to drum to its own beat. Yes, this team also needs a QB and yes, one that can actually help this team compete for a title. However, just like Carolina, they lack good Offensive Lineman. However, unlike Carolina, I seriously doubt that Pete Carroll even considers an Offensive Tackle... no matter who they are apparently. Heck, even if someone like Evan Neal falls to them at pick nine.. they would not take him anyhow and opt for something else. For all intensive purposes, do not count out the likes of Kavon Thibodaux or even Jermaine Johnson should Kavon go before Jermaine. Why? Just like Detriot... they cannot rush the passer... though CB is also a good play here. In this case, Trent McDuffie is more likely to be a Top 10 pick than Evan Neal is to be picked by Seattle.

New Orleans:

Now, this team is the team that a many believe now are the best bet to thwart Pittsburgh's bets to get Malik Willis... but I have questions about this. Now, just like the Falcons, Steelers and Lions, the Saints have met with all available QBs in the class. Also like the aforementioned teams, the Saints have a bridge QB that will be a placeholder for them. However, just like Carolina and Atlanta.. there are bigger pressing needs for the Saints overall. Yes, Willis can sit behind Winston and learn from him to get better. However, James Hurst as the Blindside Tackle and only Michael Thomas as your primary weapon is not an ideal situation. Now, the Saints are the best team among the five to trade within the Top Five and nab Willis should they feel the need or even ship out three picks within the same draft to move up into the Top 8. However and again, there are too many holes on this Saints squad that not many are seeing or even ignoring. They are as follows;

Offensive Tackle

Wide Receiver

Safety

EDGE

QB

Within the Top 20 picks of this years draft, at worst, finding the likes of a starting capable OT, Safety, EDGE and Wide Receiver will not be a problem. As stated before, Michael Thomas... that is more or less of what the Saints have heading into opening day. James Hurst is another major problem all together. This Offensive Tackle class is very deep but someone like Trevor Penning or even the dream scenario in Charles Cross would be too difficult to pass up. Should Penning not be within the teams' interests, Daxton Hill or George Karlaftis will greatly benefit the defense. Karlaftis would give New Orleans a three headed monster as far as a pass rushing rotation goes and also provides more run support upfront. Hill is light years better than Maye when it comes to being the Single High and would also allow Dennis Allen to incorporate more Safeties on the field as CGJ is just as versatile as Daxton or have Maye slide into his more natural position at SS and use Hill/CGJ as chess pieces.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    AQL, the closer we're getting to the draft, the more and more I think we can get the QB we want in the third. Just a week ago it seemed like as many as four or five can go in RD1, but now it seems as little as 1, or even 0 can go in the first. Neither extreme would surprise me nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Additional bold predictions:

1. the Jags take Trayvon Walker at #1 overall instead of Hutchinson.

2. the Panthers take Pickett at #6 overall to satisfy the owner, who is a big Pitt booster (unless the Saints have made their big draft trade with Philly to get ahead of Carolina for Pickett).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Wouldn’t surprise me either but I keep reminding myself that Trey Lance went #3 last year and that teams generally are not patient when it comes to QB’s.

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought I already said Pickett 2 Carolina, and Willis 2 Detroit. Maybe I either put it in another post, or I dreamt I did. :shrug:

16. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:yeah whatever. Don’t know how to break it to you but TD’s count the same through the air or on the ground. 40 TDs is damn good but keep bashing because you don’t like QB’s that run.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I never said I don't like Qbs that run. I don't like running Qbs, and that's what ....never mind.
    Lamar Jackson....running Qb.
    Mahomes a Qb that runs.
    One can go through progressions, and even buys time for them.
    The other goes 1st read - 2 check down, and takes off.
    I Love Qbs that can run, but I don't like Rbs that can throw.

18. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Obviously I was talking about Willis, should have been clear what type of running I was talking about but, ah never mind.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I told You ....I will not say anything bad about any of the Qbs anymore until after we draft. If We don't draft one ....I got a lot more 2 say, and If We do draft one....I got a lot more 2 say about the ones We don't pick.

20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

That would suck if they got him

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    DJ just matched him up to the Ravens in his mock draft special.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    And they’ll play Dan Marino highlights and tell the sad and tragic story of Gabe Rivera, Senor Sack.:facepalm:

23. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Hate the freaking rabirds. I hope they have the draft on their calendar for next Thursday.

24. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    STOP IT! You might speak it into existence if you keep suggesting that could happen.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I predict the Steelers will draft Conner Heyward, Cam's little brother.