1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2024 Top 32 Big Board! Final Edition!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Apr 22, 2024.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello everyone and welcome again to the 2024 Top 32 Big Board Rankings; presented by yours truly. This marks the final Big Board that will be posted for the 2024 NFL Draft among the Top 32 Players. It has been one hell of a run for this series (along with multiple technical headaches) but now is the time to conclude this list for good given how the NFL Draft is now days away! No time to waste so, let's begin!

Before we continue, for a recap of the last Big Board, please click this link here!

Legend:

***: Denotes Generational Prodigy (Borderline Hall of Fame Level coming out. Top 3 at their position.. minimum. All Pro's follow in their wake with either OPOY or DPOY being in their future.)

**: Denotes Instant Impact Player (Top 10 at their Position.. minimum. Perennial All Pro, Multiple Pro Bowls.)

*: Denotes Instant Starter (Possible to definite Pro Bowl. Possibly some All Pro nods.)

Red Text: Denotes Boards Biggest Faller

Blue Text: Denotes Boards Biggest Riser

1.) ** Marvin Harrison Jr.: Wide Receiver from Ohio State University

2.) ** Joe Alt: Offensive Tackle from the University of Notre Dame

3.) ** Brock Bowers: Tight End from the University of Georgia

4.) ** Malik Nabers: Wide Receiver from Louisiana State University.

5.) * Caleb Williams: Quarterback from the University of Southern California

6.) * Jayden Daniels: Quarterback from Louisiana State University

7.) ** Rome Odunze: Wide Receiver from the University of Washington

8.) Dallas Turner: EDGE from the University of Alabama

9.) Drake Maye: Quarterback from the University of North Carolina

10.) ** Cooper DeJean: Defensive Back from the University of Iowa

11.) Quinyon Mitchell: Cornerback from the University of Toledo

12.) ** Troy Fautanu: Offensive Lineman from the University of Washington

13.) Olumuyiwa Fashanu: Offensive Tackle from Pennsylvania State University

14.) Chop Robinson: EDGE from Pennsylvania State University

15.) * Jackson Powers Johnson: Center from the University of Oregon

16.) * Amarius Mims: Offensive Tackle from the University of Georgia

17.) *Terrion Arnold: Cornerback from the University of Alabama

18.) Michael Penix Jr.: Quarterback from the University of Washington

19.) Taliese Fuaga: Offensive Tackle from Oregon State University

20.) * Graham Barton: Offensive Lineman from the University of Duke

21.) Jared Verse: EDGE from Florida State University

22.) Brian Thomas Jr.: Wide Receiver from Louisiana State University

23.)
    J.J. McCarthy: Quarterback from the University of Michigan

24.) *Laiatu Latu: EDGE from the University of California-Berkeley

25.) Kool Aid McKinstry: Cornerback from the University of Alabama

26.) Tyler Guyton: Offensive Tackle from the University of Oklahoma

27.) Byron Murphy II: Defensive Tackle from the University of Texas

28.) Jer'Zahn Newton: Defensive Tackle from the University of Illinois

29.) Darius Robinson: Defensive Lineman from the University of Missouri

30.) Tyler Nubin: Safety from the University of Minnesota

31.) Nate Wiggins: Cornerback from the University of Clemson

32.) T.J. Tampa: Cornerback from Iowa State University

*** Graham Barton receives a one star rating in addition to his ascension on the list. Malik Nabers has received another star to his name; increasing his count to two. ***

Time for a final summary of the Top 32 Prospects for the 2024 NFL Draft.

1.) Whomever drafts a QB within the first 11 picks better have a pretty damn good support system for these guys... with the possible exception of Caleb Williams. His Hero Ball playstyle still concerns me greatly but the talent is very much there. As for the rest?! Daniels, Maye and Penix (albeit a much lesser extent) definitely need a tune up overall on their overall game of the position.

2.) While there is a lot of buzz around the OT Class, and rightfully so, don't discredit the IOL either. For that matter, don't be surprised if the likes of Graham Barton, Zach Frazier and Jackson Powers Johnson are all taken in the First Round.

3.) Speaking of the abundance of prospects, WR is a position that may likely see a lot less on Day One than others are giving it credit for. I haven't ruled out someone like Brian Thomas Jr. but the likes of Marvin Harrison Jr., Rome Odunze and Malik Nabers are all set in stone. Given how vast the WR Position in terms of both talent and depth, a lot of teams may grab the "best of the rest" from weaker positional pools; namely IOL, IDL and EDGE.

4.) This Class is a real downer for Defensive based prospects; namely the EDGE. I still love Dallas Turner but beyond him, too many question marks for me. Verse's motor runs hot and cold, Latu's medicals cannot be overlooked, Chop's versatility may be better suited for odd man front teams and multi role talents like Darius Robinson are actually better served as 4-3 DE's rather than the 3-4 IDLs than many believe he can play (he can't.... not to the effect that others think anyway).

5.) While I personally have them graded differently than others, I do agree overall that the gap between Nabers and Marvin Harrison Jr is not as big as others believe. For me, I didn't think the gap was nearly as monumental as others made it out to be. In short?! Marvin Harrison Jr possess the higher floor but Nabers could potentially turn out to have the better career as his ceiling is just a bit better than Harrisons.

6.) Joe Alt is the best Offensive Lineman for me since Andrew Thomas from Georgia. Some say he isn't as good as Penei Sewell from Oregon from years ago.. and I call foul play. Alt doesn't possess Penei's legendary athletic abilities but Alt is still a great athlete otherwise. For that matter, Alt's greatest attribute isn't his athleticism but his overall fundamentals and discipline that stand out for me. Other tackles in the class don't have nearly as much technical prowess as Alt does but others like JC Latham and Amarius Mims have athletic traits that either exceed or far exceed his. Speaking of which...

7.) Amarius Mims possesses the greatest level of potential and talent of not just any Offensive Tackle in the class but any player in the class... period; regardless of position. However, all that talent and potential does come at a very steep price; medicals and inexperience. The former was compounded during the 2024 NFL Scouting Combine when Mims had to leave due to a Hamstring Injury and the latter being compounded by the fact that other players in the class like Fautanu, Latham, Fashanu or even Fuaga have either superior or far superior levels of experience than he does. If anything, Amarius Mims is starting to remind me fondly of T.J. Watt circa 2017 for much of the same reasons; tremendous talent and potential marred by medicals and inexperience shortcomings. T.J. has struck gold though. Question is, will Mims?! Time to find out.

8.) Why so many are down on Cooper DeJean is beyond me. As far as I see it, he is the best playmaking DB since Minkah Fitzpatrick from Alabama circa 2018.... and it has been a long time coming. Granted, I don't have DeJean's grade nearly as high as I did Kyle Hamiltons but if there is one area that DeJean shines in that Hamilton couldn't is versatility. Hamilton is best as a big slot or SS type with Centerfielding ability whereas DeJean's athletic profile permits him to be... wherever his DC elects him to be. That said, starting him out as a Safety would be the best play for moving him around too many spots at one may stymie his development; the same pitfalls that nearly befell Minkah during Brian Flores' time at Miami. If anything, I expect Cooper DeJean to be drafted a lot higher than mocks are giving him credit for.

Overall everyone, that will conclude another year of the Top 32 Big Board!! Thank you all for taking the time to read these and I hope you enjoyed doing so along the way! A couple days await so we have a lot to finalize; the Top 5 Positional Rankings being next on the agenda. As always, if you have any questions, comments or concerns, feel free to leave them down below as it always helps me out!

Until next year, this is AskQuestionsLater saying so long, stay safe and hope to see ya on draft day!! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I see you’re sticking with your guy Mims. He intrigues me a lot, and terrifies me at the same time. I don’t know if I’d want to take that risk in the 1st round in a draft that has a lot of tackle depth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think Penix's injury history will bounce him out of the top 32 on most Team boards. Do you really want to put your money on a guy that is constantly injured? My guess is that he will be out of the league in 5 years, after spending 2 seasons on IR.

I think he is a better QB than JJ, but I don't think he holds up with his medical history.
    upload_2024-4-22_17-44-59.png

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Yep.

He is part of the same equation incidentally; All Pro ability but depth player technique. He is the biggest boom or bust player in the class... and for me, it is not even close. Others may suggest Xaiver Worthy or even Brian Thomas Jr but those types of players are more boom or bust based on situation rather than capability. Mims is much, much different all together.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Great writeup, and well worth the read. Thanks for taking the time. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 2
  6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

No probs bud!! :drinks:

• Like Like x 2
  7. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

I wouldn't be so sure.

Keep an eye on Los Angeles. Matt Stafford isn't getting any younger and they could use some youth as well. In addition, regarding Penix's medicals?!

Still a risk?! Without a doubt. Someone worth pushing chips to the table; in Sean McVay's case no less?! Most definitely.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Setting aside the medicals, I think Penix struggles with pressure. He throws some ugly balls when he doesn’t have time to survey, decide and set.

9. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Ditto here!

10. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Thanks a bunch for doing this! i to have been saying for weeks that that 3 centers will go in the first. even called MTC to talk to Jim and Pat about it, and trading for Ayuik. I still think Kahn can pull this one off. Fallacy or not, I still believe!

I agree withe every one of your points, but for me I just can't take Mims in the first. Those 8 starts just are not enough starts for me.

No mater how phenomenal those starts were he only has 8 for his total collage career. Plus he got hurt at the combine, not allowing us to get another look a him doing ALL of the drills, even if he intended to do them all, we just don't know.

He just oozes stay away for the 1st for me, mid 2nd I'm willing to go all in then. He scares me as much as Pickens does right now.

Allen

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Glad I could help!!

• Like Like x 1