1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2023 NFL Playoffs

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Hanratty#5, Jan 9, 2023.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's just a valentine funny. I think it's just a joke.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Also I would like to point out My whole ......A Qb makes most Wrs....
    Mahomes just won a SB with a bunch of other teams cast-offs. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I'll take your word for it that it was the same play cause I just don't feel like wasting any more time with that nonsense call. Fact is it was ticky tack at best and I don't care what the letter of the law or the break down of the rule says but for the refs to call it at that moment in an otherwise awesome game was just wrong. They let the teams get away with so much up to that point and made the game to be very interesting cause teams were allowed to let the players decide it on the field instead they had to ruin it with a garbage final two minutes. I was actually rooting against Philly all game but when the once great game of professional football becomes ever so comparable to WWE then the viewership eventually will suffer. So many times these refs throw a yellow hanky out there at the most crucial times that it has to make one wonder if some of the games are being fairly decided or some other higher up influence is making that decision. I mean the ball wasn't even close to being catchable and it had nothing to do with that extremely minor so called infraction. Yea, I know that is only for PI calls, but that needed to be considered under the circumstances in the biggest game of the season. Just for the record. In the future we can expect more of the players whining for flags if this is going to be the deciding factor for Championships.

[​IMG]

4. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

You said they should have considered it being uncatchable because of the situation. You don't change the rules for defensive holding just because of the situation. You're saying they should have modified the rule, on the fly, just because it was the Super Bowl. I agree the receivers and defenders got away with a lot during the game. Show me one other time where a Jersey got pulled. Hand checking, bumping, illegal contact is one thing. When you start grabbing and pulling Jersey's, that takes it to another level and it's gonna get flagged. Defensive holding, in a sense, is like the free play that offense gets when there is an off sides. The quarterback sees it happen right in front of him and knows he can do something not worry about a turnover or negative consequences.

5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    AJ Brown sure can run his mouth.
    Guess he can’t take it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I readily admit that I have an irrational football fan hatred for Mahomes, the way the talking heads put him on this otherworldly pedestal like he truly is superman. I'm not saying he isn't good, but would he be putting up the same numbers if he were in Houston, Pittsburgh, Chicago? The two td's came as a direct result of Reid's play calling, every starting qb in the league would have completed those passes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    Follow up: Andy Reid was asked today about how he celebrated the Super Bowl win once he returned to Kansas City: “Yeah, I went to Pizza 51. I got a mushroom and sausage pizza, how about that? And a salad just to make my chubbiness feel good.”

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    None of them looked like pro bowlers nor world beaters. Only guy i could possibly see even close to that is Kadarius Toney once hes gets a full offseason with the chiefs. Mahomes is just that great though. Even after winning this sb if they can add a wr this yr they will.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yet, the legion of the perpetually butt-hurt want Bradshaw cancelled for making a joke about Andy's weight at the trophy presentation!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I don’t know, it’s funny though :lolol:

I can’t even be on twitter for 5 minutes anymore before my eyes roll out of my head. Out of control.

I saw this and was like uh oh, what did Terry say because you never know with him and then saw what it was about and was like FFS thats it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

All these so called woke people need to be put back to sleep.........Possibly permanently.

Bradshaw and Reid have been very very good friends for a long long time. Just a couple of old friends jabbing on each other is all it was.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    No, even I could hit wide open receivers. Mahomes is great but he got way too much help from Philly.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If they seen them. Some Qbs simply don't see the open man. Go watch some tape(all 22 ) of some other Qbs in the league. You would be surprised at how many times a guy is open, and the Qb never even notices it.

14. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Some people just want to be upset about something. It's always been this way.....it's just now they have a easier way to go about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Like I said in another comment. If You ever get a chance to watch all 22 on other games, and teams.....You will be surprised at how many times players will be wide-open, and Qbs never see it.

16. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Using this thinking.. I guess just about every team he plays, gives him to much help. Or maybe, he is just that good.

17. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Naw, the play calling and his play baffled Philly in the second half. I think Blast posted some plays where the WRs were wide open on back to back TDs. That chit should not happen in SBs. I'm not taking anythiing away from Mahomes but you can't leave folks open for him.

• Like Like x 1
  18. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    I hear ya and agree. Heck, there is also holding on most downs on the OL that is not called. Nature of the game, but you have to admit that Philly's D sucked in the 2nd half. I'm sure it had to do with KC's adjustmments though.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Some people just seem unable to acknowledge greatness. I don't know if it's jealousy or what. I find it odd.

20. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Andy Reid clearly saw a tendency by Philly and exposed it. It's those mythical half time adjustments lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. bradshaw12

bradshaw12 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2018
    I certainly could be wrong, but I believe that those plays were set up with the idea that those receivers would be open, and the qb would be looking there specifically. Andy Reid is that good.

• Like Like x 1