1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2023 Mock Draft

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by JackAttack 5958, Apr 30, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    It's obviously early, but I messed with the draft simulator some. It "appears" that 23 draft will be stocked with OL. It's obviously going to change come April. I imagine that a couple of OSU and Bama WR's will emerge to be potential first round picks.

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Someone was bored. LoL.

3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    What else can I do at 3AM at work with the exception of actually working?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed :thumbs_up:

5. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    No wonder my paper wasn't delivered. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  6. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    BUMP
    like a giant rail of fish scale Peruvian

7. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Players I'm most intrigued with atm are Noah Sewell (ILB), Jalen Carter (DT) and Paris Johnson (OT). Sewell is a hell of a run stopper, but I don't think he matches what the Steelers look for IE Bush and Shazier. He's taller and thicker than both of those guys and those guys were built mostly to help defend the pass. Not saying they weren't drafted for the run game either. Sewell is a guy they would've looked at 15+ years ago. As for other guys, I'm not opposed to going after the best CB, S, or even Edge that's available.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Peter Skoronski
    VS
    Paris Johnson Jr.

Skoronski has played LT his entire college career, while Johnson is making the move from Guard to Tackle in 2022.

The Steelers will probably need a top 10 pick for either, but may need a top 5 pick for Peter Skoronski.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2022
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

I personally would rather go with Broderick Johnson from the University of Georgia or even Jaelyn Duncan from the University of Maryland over Paris Johnson. Johnson may have the athletic traits but for me, speed rushers beat him too often in my opinion. Duncan is roughly just as gifted as Johnson is but more sound in technique than Johnson is when handling speed rushers. That said, Johnson offers better upside in the running game... for now.

Truth be told though, it just may be Peter Skoronski once it is all said and done... assuming Steelers scouts attend a Northwestern Game one of these days. Thus far and, as I fear, Paris Johnson is the odds on favorite as the Steelers have been to two Ohio State games already.

10. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Noah Sewell is how you describe him; a downhill, pass rushing option with coverage woes. I really hate to say this but Trenton Simpson is the better option.... and Simpson's problems lie in, you guessed it, Run Support. Not due to a lack of desire but a current woe of being unable to properly fight through blocks.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Hell...

Jalen Carter could still be within play here should Anthony Richardson and Tyler Van Dyke both forgo their Senior Seasons to become NFL Pros. That could lower Carter's value enough for us to nab him. In addition, outside of Nose Tackle, play him anywhere else on that Defensive Line.. and I mean anywhere. People here thought DeMarvin Leal was great in multiple spots?!

Check out Carter's tape. Very Ndamukong Suh esque when he came out of Nebraska.

12. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm already salivating over our DL rotation being Carter, Leal, Ogunjobi, Adams and Loudermilk for years to come (assuming we resign Ogunjobi and Adams). Still would hope to get a OT very early as well. Hopefully we make a trade to get another 1st.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Brian Bresee is no small consolation prize though. I still want Carter for he has been the more proven commodity. Either or would win for me.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Can the Steelers please take a look at Mo Ibrahim, RB MN?? He'll prob be taken like in the second, but if he survives to the 3rd I hope the Steelers grab him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Well...Since we were last in the NFL in Run D the 2 years...Maybe they SHOULD take Sewell

16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am, clueless on why I keep seeing Pittsburgh use their top 10 pick on an Edge DE/OLB.

Wouldn't that be using a top 10 pick to draft a backup behind Watt and Highsmith? Is Highsmith out?

2023 NFL Mock Draft: Steelers land stud pass rusher at No. 1 overall, Bears add Robert Quinn replacement - CBSSports.com
    2023 NFL Mock Draft: Will Levis goes No. 1 overall, Anthony Richardson second QB off board - CBSSports.com
    2023 NFL Mock Draft - WalterFootball.com
    2023 NFL mock draft: C.J. Stroud, Bryce Young in top two — who's next? | FOX Sports

Granted Highsmith is our Scottie Pippen without Michael Jordan, but no way the Steelers biggest priority next year should be to replace Highsmith on defense.

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They have much bigger needs than taking another RB early.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Shouldn't be any RBs taken by us this year...if We need another....they should look at UDFAs

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    I dont think rb in 3rd rd is early plus I'm not feeling terribly great about Najee Harris.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's way early IMO with all the spots We for sure must fill.
    At least 2 Oline positions, at least one Dline player...
    At least one ILB
    At least one CB
    At least one SS
    Well I must stop because I don't believe We have anymore draft picks.

22. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That is what I am talking about! Why do so many people have us taking an OLB to replace Highsmith in the 1st round?

I also see Peter Skoronski going at 7; which is why I don't want the Steelers to trade down in the 1st.

23. SteelReal

Oct 1, 2020
    Yeah, I understand the needs but as of right now they will have picked 3 times prior to 3rd right?? Its hard to find quality players at any of those positions u mentioned beyond 3rd rd. Technically every round should be best available player but I figure by the third it definitely should be best available, but I dont think he'll be there anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  24. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Oh well, you don't give up on Najee this early, if this team drafts a RB in the third round that would be dumb IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    They will fill some of those holes in free agency, they don't have enough draft picks to fix everything in one offseason.

• Agree Agree x 1