1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

2022 NFL Draft Prospect Outlook Thread!!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by AskQuestionsLater, Sep 5, 2021.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Hello all! A short introduction this time but one that I will need the communities assistance with! Today marks my new series; detailing the prospects of the upcoming draft; the 2022 NFL Draft Prospects to be specific!! In this thread, rules are simple;

Just outline on whom you have down as a player to watch; one preferably that the Steelers could possibly obtain! If not, name them anyway for you never know!! Let us use an example.. given to you by yours truly!!

I have been on record this summer and, will reiterate again; Kyle Hamilton is the best Safety Prospect in over a decade. Dare I say he just might be the best Safety prospect to come out since the man in my avatar. Yep!!... I just did say that.

Again, just an example but one of which that can be used as a basis! Let me know about your favorite College Football Players down below!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Still 2 early for Me. I've been watching 2 long, and have seen players disappear like Mist on a sunny morning....never 2 return.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm going to follow college a little this year & already am confused. Why is Indiana in the power rankings? Who is making this possible for the Hoosiers?

4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It's OK. They lost, and will probably drop out of the Top25 . Really the rankings are weak at the beginning of the season. I don't think they should have any rankings until end of September, but I guess they
    Got 2 start somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    He's awesome(Hamilton)! But just like always, we'll finish just high enough to not be able to draft a guy like him without a big trade up. But, If we aren't great this year(which is HIGHLY likely), I'm a jerk for not seeing the upside of the occasional about a non-playoff season. You know, instead of going 9-8 and missing the playoffs yet again. All because of some misplaced, ego supplemented pride that many need to feel. In spite of it being futile to the teams overall goal,which is winning championships. It's cool, i'm fine with this team finishing 9-8 at best,and losing in the divisional round for all eternity. Super Bowls aren't important. As long as I get as many wins as loses, I can proceed through life feeling like a winner, because the NFL team that I follow is not a "loser".

I can't wait for all the disagree's from all the curmudgeons on this board. "I don't care about Super Bowls. I just want a win on Sunday so I can get through another miserable week of my life." It's really getting a bit old. Is it about winning championships or not? If it's not, say so. Say "I just like a game on Sunday, and I feel like a better, stronger, more impressive man when my team is 11-0. I know we finished the season by getting our asses blown off by Cleveland, but I'm ok with that because we finished 12-4. And until Cleveland put up 50 points on us in the first half of the wildcard game, I felt like a viking badass. That was enough to get me through another off-season with a spring in my step, and a song in my heart."

Bring on the disagree's, I don't give a damn. I've had it with the mentality here.

BTW, this is not directed at you AQL, I know I quoted your post.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Cheers to the Steelers for trying to win a SB every year. Some of us are infatuated with high draft picks around here. Yeah, i disagree. :shrug:

Edit: i like the journey more than the rings but the rings are nice.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I'm going to go with whomever has Indinia in the rankings for now, until i get up to speed. Going to be a good thread AQL.

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    matt correl from ole miss looked pretty darn good last night against louisville. having lane kiffen as his coach could make him a good player to watch. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I tried 2 tell You they won't be ranked in the Top 25 anymore, and now they aren't.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My only problem is He runs a little 2 much IMO.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    he does but is very good at it. they said they don't want him to but they also don't want to take that part away from him. at least at the college level. seems like a version of lamar. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Exactly. Running 2 throw is one thing, or Running when there is no other option, but just Running 2 run usually means they don't read the field well, and never learn....because they just take off Running.
    Will have 2 see more of Him

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    We will probably need a defensive lineman pretty high in the 2022 draft correct?

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’s a special talent and if we don’t take a QB in rd one, that’s the pick I want.

His 40 time will determine if we have any shot at him but more than likely, he’ll go way before we get a crack at him.

15. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Ridder did not look good today.... at all. Yikes. Picked it up some in the second half but still, not a good outing from him. On the other hand, so far so good for Malik Willis!!! That said... doubt he gets anywhere past top 10 should he continue his play not just today but for the rest of the season.

16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This is Why . ....I always wait. Still a long season

17. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

As do I.

Just giving some of those who have not caught up some small tidbits of notes here. No full summaries here!! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Sorry. Didn't mean 2 interrupt. :drinks:

19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
  20. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Their Coach

21. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    They need to draft Ridder or Willis in the first round. The league has moved to mobile dual threat QBs. That’s 11 on 11.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I really like the Iowa State coach Matt Campbell.

23. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I don't know the best direction in up the upcoming draft. Going to need a RG, RT, CB and a DL or two. Best bet may just be BPA in one of these positions and ride or die with Mason or Haskins in 22 and look at QB in 23. I'd rather bring in a potential franchise QB into a situation where he can succeed as soon as possible and not one where he could have his confidence destroyed and end up a bust like nearly 2/3 of these QBs drafted highly.

24. chris2fer

Nov 7, 2016
    Cincinnati’s coach will probably have a better job next year with Ridder leaving for the NFL with the Heisman trophy.

25. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I agree but if we get in the top 7 at draft time it will be hard to pass on a wonderboy qb.

• Agree Agree x 1