1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st shot at mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Jan 31, 2021.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Beachum, gilbert, essex, starks, colon not the greatest of drafting. Foster kept out playing people. Beachum was a late rounder that finally earned a spot. He's still in the league. Munchs first year wasn't great either. It took him time to work with that group. Finney, feiler, AV, all played well. All were undrafted. Later rounds don't mean they are bad players. Moore was a three year starter at LT. Still plenty of time before the draft too. Players will move around. These internet experts haven't gone too deep on many players rankings. Let's hope our new coaches can make it happen.:cool:

2. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

made some more changes both 6th round linemen. shows how deep this class is in o-linemen. :cool:

3. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Trey Sermon didn't have a twin, but I agree and would take him in the 4th, too.

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

additional change of morrisey of Pitt at center. they should know this kid fairly well. all-ACC center. olson and morrisey to add depth and cover all the interior spots. lots of starts between these two. may the best man win. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    good choice with Morrisey, Needs to add strength, but can add this. Smart ballplayer.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    olson as well. covers our starter and interior backup at any of the positions. with young at tackle i think this is a good group to upgrade with. also who we currently have here it will give these coaches plenty to work with and cover okrafor and if banner has any setbacks or if they even sign him back. personally i would sign hawkins back first. he was playing pretty well when they first traded him. he also had some coaching from munchak in the past. difference in money from he and banner wouldn't be a great deal but every dollar counts this year. i think young or even dan moore from texas a&m are guys that the arrow points way up with. we don't have to use early round picks to get some good linemen this year. this is the year to load up though. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    does anyone think that kid from Grambling State David Moore will be available in the 2nd round

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    not sure we will be looking for a guard that high but he's talented. :cool:

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    rethinking what we need and want. a few guys will stay on my list for sure. this of course without any movement in this draft. i would love to drop down in the first and grab some other picks, especially that big gap from the 4th - the 6th.

1. kadarius toney WR. Fla. a canada type player. rushing and pass catching ability. works right in to our new OC's system. colbert touched on filling needs for canada. good start here and a surprise for most if we took a wr first. also a kick and punt returner.

2. josh myers C. Ohio St. very solid center.

3. chazz surratt ILB N.Carolina love this kid. rising ability at the position. better stats then JOK. smart cookie too. former qb. OR devine deablo S. VT. big safety. 6-3 226 could move to LB? very productive. shazier size. love the name for a defender.

4. rhamondre stevenson RB Oklahoma hidden gem this late. good receiver and hard runner. good size. not a lot of wear on him either.

4. shamar jean-charles CB App. St. love this kid as well. could fill that slot role very well.

6. landon young OT Kentucky good tackle. gets a year to learn and will pay benifits. LT with lots of starts. big boy that can run block as well as pass protect.

7. luke ferrell TE Ohio St. tough kid. he's not a bad TE especially this late in the process.

7. tarron jackson Edge East Carolina another hidden gem this late. 44.5 tackles for loss. 26.5 sacks in 5 seasons. 6 forced fumbles last season.

OR

7. james wiggins S Cincinnati freak player that is very productive. will help a defense.

these guys are worth a look if you have the time. the last 4 are very talented. the type of guys we come up with that most haven't heard of but the steelers seem to find. scouts should know plenty about them. :cool:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2021
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL @ K.Mond. I ve watched every snap this kid played. I'm not saying he sucks , but a lot of times he looked like a deer caught in headlights. If A&M had a better Qb ...they may have been in the Championship , but I guess if you can get him in the 4th no harm no foul. K. Toney is very good, but IMO very seldom should you pick a Wrs at your 1 round pick.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i don't disagree with what you are saying but as colbert just said they are looking to add canada type players and can't do it in one year. we could use another wr. we lost cain and probably juju. johnson gets dinged up a lot. washington though decent has never really cracked that starting wr threshold. we could use players that make the players we have better is my thinking. they also add to the new offensive scheme being brought in. he would fit that bill well.

mond though not my ideal pick did look better last year. just a feeling about him and MT. i don't think they are making their push yet for a franchise guy until they see what they have. mond could just add to what we have and be a hope for the best down the road guy. we still need backups. we could do worse especially if he drops to the 4th. we won't have a ton of money tied up this way. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    If Mond was there in the 4th round maybe, but I wouldn't take him any earlier than that, he does have some athleticism the Steelers lack at QB.

• Like Like x 1
  13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    One thing about mond is he got better with percentage. He doesn't turn the ball over. No fumbles.3 picks last year. 4 rushing TDs. 19 passing. Hopefully some things will change here with a new offensive scheme and some real coaching from Sullivan. If it's not Ben and his system we may actually see some real aggressive qb building.:cool:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
  14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

a couple of changes. moving stevenson up into the 4th round instead of mond. may flip flop stevenson and jean-charles but with ben coming back and mason and haskins, i don't think we get one this year now. maybe an UDFA. would Book drop that far? also added luke ferrell the TE from ohio st. i still like this draft. if they could pull this off it plugs a lot of holes and there are some good solid players in spots we need. i know most don't want a wr in the first but this kid would add a great deal to the offense with what we have. it would fit well for ben and a run game in canada's offense. especially with them using motion to help the run game instead of just putting ben under center. :cool:

15. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I like your thinking Mac. I do not know how many of the 8- 9 picks (potential if we get the extra picks) stick, but with so many players sitting out because of covid and others coming out this is a year where you can get good quality in later rounds. To many expect the draft to produce instant results..and sometimes you get lucky with a guy like Dotson, but in reality it takes 2-3 years to really get a handle on how good/bad a draft class is. This is a year along with last year) that can set the stage for a really strong and deep team in positions that are not 'sexy' but so vastly needed. There is not a position on this team where we not only need immediate starters, but pretty much every where in the next 2-3 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    collins or toney and what you don't get in the first you get a similar player in the next two. center is in there as well. myers or meinerz or hill or morrissey or menet or mccollem or etc.. there are some good centers not in the top 2 spots still. guys that can fill in at guard if needed. guys with some decent size as well. :cool:

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I really have no idea how or whom the Steelers will draft.
    But I am hoping in this order. Barring any trades. LOL
    1 RB/OL Pick 24
    2 RB/OL opposite of whatever they choose in 1rst Pick56
    3. ILB Pick 87
    4 OL Pick 129
    5, OLB Pick 141
    6. SS / CB Pick 209
    7. DL Pick 240
    8 CB Pick 249 Edit WR to CB 3-20-2021 Now that JUJU is signed for year

Last edited: Mar 20, 2021
  18. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    I agree reaching is bad. The chances of drafting a successful Pro QB in round 1 at pick 24 aren't good. Not to say there aren't success stories that happen or have happened. But more times than not at 24th overall taking a QB is going to be a Reach. Honestly Next year may be better cause we most likely will not be picking at 24 next year. Either that or trade up for one of the guys this year. I would prefer next year so that you do not waste a year of their rookie contract this season. And honestly i don't think i want a Rookie learning from Ben at this point. Ben has been great to watch and glad we have had him but he also has alot of bad things a rookie might pick up from him. Also if we are going to possibly part way s with Tomlin next season i would prefer a rookie QB to come in with the new coach rather than spend a year with tomlin and then have to change the next year. All of that doesnt matter if for some reason a stud falls to you at 24.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    The only trouble with waiting is we have nobody signed for next year unless Ben is staying. That rookie year wouldn't be a waste then. It would give him a year under Mike Sullivan. :cool:

20. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    You get a mid priced veteran then. I just can’t see taking someone this year with so much changing next year. The offense will be different this year from next cause Ben will not be able to run Canada’s true system. Why have some poor roomie sit and learn and abbreviate at best and completely different offense at worst for a year? Mason isn’t going to get some huge contract offer anyways. We should be able to keep him for a decent amount.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I think mason should get his shot next year. I would prefer a mid range pick that we will need anyway down the road and hope maybe they shine and if not they make a good backup. They can learn the system and get mechanical work in a pro system. The offensive basics won't change if Canada stays. Which we have to plan on happening. All these other draft picks will have to go through the same thing as a qb. If we draft a certain style of lineman we will be stuck with that as well. I don't see everything changing in one year that drastically. We have never been an all of nothing franchise. No selling the farm for one more shot.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  22. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    after all the movement.

1. travis eitenne RB clemson
    2. spencer brown OT northern iowa or liam eichenberg OT notre dame
    3. aaron robinson CB UCF
    4. devine deablo S virginia tech or JeCoby stevens S LSU
    4. carson green OT/OG texas A&M or robert hainsey OT/G notre dame
    6. elerson smith EDGE northern iowa
    7. brandon kennedy C alabama/ tennessee
    7. luke ferrell TE ohio st.

:cool:

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  23. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I like Trask, he's a good QB. The big problem is, he throws wobblers. Unfortunately.

Hunter Long is a great pick. I think we are all sick of our TE situation and the drops.

As far as the safeties, my picks would be: Caden Sterns TEX for strong side, and Josh Bledsoe MIZZ and Shawn Davis UF if we are looking for safeties interchangeable with Minkah, who can play both sides.

24. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    that was my first mock at the begining before any pro days or moves were made. the latest one is above. i know think we bring in a priority UDFA QB after the draft to compete. maybe ian book, peyton ramsey, mike collins. :cool:

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    1.Najee Harris RB
    2.Pat Freiermuth TE
    3.Spencer Brown OT
    4.Trey Hill C
    4.Jabril Cox ILB
    6.Elerson Smith Edge
    6.Jonathan Adams WR
    7.Camryn Bynum CB

• Like Like x 2