1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st place on the line now Sunday…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Nov 11, 2021.

1. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    We will lose this game only if Lions score a bunch on defense. This Lions team is a team that has checked out, and our defense should completely dominate Goff.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It's been known to happen from time to time.

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  3. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    No I just think he gives us the best chance to win this year with Canada's Offense. I also think he could be a capable "Ryan Tannehill", type of starter. I just don't want to see him get out of Pittsburgh before ever getting a fair shake at running an offense that wasn't built for Ben.

Trust me if Mason starts against Detroit and fails, I will be the first person off the Mason Bandwagon. I think Mason should have been given the keys to this offense after the first half of the Cincinnati game last year.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    I dont think Mason is better than Ben. Ben is not good right now, but he is still marginally better than Mason and better than Goff. No need to sit him. IF I had to put numbers on it, Ben is good for 17 points a game, Mason for 14-15, Goff for 13, and Brady for 32, Dak Prescott for 28, Derek Carr 22 points per game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    The Lions have lost all 8 of their games by an average of 14 points. So while they have played teams like the Ravens, Vikings, and Rams tough they don’t really score a lot of points and give up a lot of points as well. It’s a good matchup for the Steelers. As long as they don’t beat themselves and have any Rey Rey McCloud like turnovers that result in touchdowns like they did in the Bears game the other night they should be fine. If this game was in Detroit I would be a little more worried. But seeing this game is at Heinz Field I think that works to their advantage and won’t do the Lions any favors with their chances of winning this game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, I can see Dak tearing it up lately. They were shut out until garbage time their last game. That was a beat down in their own house.

7. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    The hope is that Mason's better ability to throw downfield might open up the run game. Of course, as someone already mentioned, Mason is not good under pressure so maybe it's a wash.

I just hope we see him some this year, if he's bad, they need to know now, not waste another season.

8. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Herein lies the problem. There should be no way we lose this game as everything favors us. I still think we can find a way to blow this one like the Bears game nearly was. What we'd all would really like to see is a game where we play a complete 60 min game and dominate a team at least once this year. Maybe even beat the spread for the 1st time this year (I think we're 0-6 against the spread of teams we're are favored).

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben is due for a 5 TD game. I expect an offensive breakout game.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    While I mostly agree...I really don't think Mason is horrible...I just think people underestimate the pressure Ben has seen, and been under before allows Him not 2 panic under situations that a lot of Younger Qbs would. Like some people thinking about Lamar being better.....Yet nobody would bring that many Zero blitz at Ben as they did at Lamar last night...even without JuJu,and Claypool not out there...because they know He would read it and make them pay.
    Yet they Went Zero blitz, Man Zone, and ,or Zone blitz all night against Lamar, and He couldn't figure it out. LoL.

11. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    If the Saints beat the Titans and we win we'll be in the hunt for the only bye in Playoffs. Long way off I know but shocked it's a possibility after that 1-3 start.

• Like Like x 2
  12. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I totally agree!