1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1984, Big Brother shut down the Covid discussion thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mikeyg, Nov 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Comparing the choice to vaccinate or not to the choice to pull out or get a vasectomy was far worse.

We don't have enough information to accurately compare the severity of smallpox and COVID. The circumstances in which those pandemics were at their worst were drastically different because they were roughly 100 years apart. Information about treatment and prevention spread far more quickly. Our ability to protect ourselves from disease and to treat its symptoms had improved dramatically. The vaccine for COVID came very quickly as vaccine development goes. COVID would have been far more deadly if it has come about 100 years earlier.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011
    No I am referring to NATURAL Immunity, where your own body creates the needed antibodies to protect you from a harmful virus. Like it or not, your own natural immunity is your greatest protection and has been protecting you from thousands of viruses everyday mostly unnoticed by yourself as it was designed to do.

3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    No, not poop. Just doesn't fit your narrative. :thumbs up:

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Geezuz H. Why is this thread still up?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RobertoC#21

Nov 24, 2011
    I didnt make the analogy about vasectomies, not sure why thats directed to me, but the advances in hygiene has been the greatest curb to deadly and contagious diseases with modern man.

6. RobertoC#21

Nov 24, 2011
    Conveniently you didnt mention Isreal, which had the highest percentage of vaccinated population and yet still had one of the highest infection rates per capita. It has been proven the vaccines did nothing to prevent the spread or contraction of the disease. It didnt even lesson the severity or duration among vaxxed or unvaxxed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    What you are currently is a guy discussing disease control on a Pittsburgh Steelers fan board. :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Why would I mention Israel when comparing two different ways of dealing with the virus?

the way to achieve that is either via herd immunity or vaccination! Once again despite your claims about a virus only mutating to being less deadly that is simply a fallacy. Ebola, avian flu, the regular flu are all examples of virus that have mutated and in fact become more severe and or deadly. There are numerous other examples as well. Just stop

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
  9. SteelersFan369

SteelersFan369 Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2022
    There's not much to argue over Pickett's game this week

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    This is definitely not Steeler related, or football related, or even sports related. I’m going to exercise my prerogative as a mod and close it now. I was going to just move it to the Water Cooler, but it’s a subject that seems to always go downhill.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.