1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Shaun King

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I'm not advocating for Haskins, but I want to see if he has it or not running Canada's true offense. I highly suspect that he's the bust everyone thinks he is; however, let's see if the guidance of Ben truly meant something to him.

2. 88Unstoppable82

88Unstoppable82 Well-Known Member

May 21, 2021
    Getting back to the point of this thread, I'm wondering if Shaun King's "source" is Watson's camp telling him that Watson is going to turn down every team until the Texans agree to deal with a very low offer from the Steelers. And by "very low" I mean in comparison to the kind of offer they're interested in getting, and that some other teams are willing to make.

Further, I wonder if that's what the "sources" with the Steelers have meant when they've told people that they're not interested in Watson - that they're not interested in giving Houston the ransom they're seeking. But for the right price - the Steelers' price - well, that's a different story.

Just wondering...

• Like Like x 1
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Kelly says .......

4. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I will remember all of You that say this when We go 2 the playoffs only 2 lose. Funny everyone that says the SBs don't matter complain about getting beat in the playoffs.
    People.....You can't have it both ways.
    You can't complain about losing in the playoffs, and then say SBs don't count.
    This doesn't go out 2 just You Blast.....it goes 2 everyone that says it doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 1
  6. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    BET?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Kelly went 2 four straight SBs. That's a freaking feat....no matter what.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Good point..
    So let's just play regular season, and award the trophy 2 whomever has the best regular season. :shrug:
    Also why worry, and pay a Qb....Y'all have just proven why waste picks.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Maybe it has stopped. Maybe he kept going, but the women haven't come forward yet. It's not an easy thing to do even if there are other victims.

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Good Insight. Kimberly Martin from ESPN stated that the Steelers have contacted the Texans about acquiring Watson but let them know that their offer would be tempered by the chance that Watson could be suspended for several games this season.
    So yeah the Steelers said they were interested but they aren't going to pay a king's ransom for a guy that might be suspended half of the year.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Barking up the wrong tree. I’ve never been a SB or bust fan. I’m very happy to be a Steelers fan, I can’t imagine being a fan of a team that is basically eliminated from the playoffs by week 5 every season.

And it’s not how I measure a QB’s greatness either. I probably think Marino is the best QB all time and he went to one SB and didn’t win. I think Ben is a HOF QB and he hasn’t been to a SB in over a decade.

Ben hasn’t won a playoff game in 6 years, how are you even using this as a talking point???

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Why do you keep shouting, I’m old but I can hear, almost as well as my dogs

;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Shawn King, sure has went quiet, guess he isnt bold enough to double down on his tweet

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Actually he did double down but it was like the next day in an online interview.

HACK

15. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    There are many fake "redemption stories" and prison house conversions. Vick's seemed authentic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ok...If I have 2 keep saying it....I'm either not making My point well enough, or Your not listening. So either way I give up. No hard feelings. :drinks:

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    King trying to save face. Seems that there was only interest on one side, doesn’t sound as if the Steelers ever considered it much.

Going to sting for me if the draft package doesn’t turn out as high as being reported.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    it probably will as a result of us no longer being a trade candidate.. one less team to outbid for whoever does end up trading for watson. buccaneers too within the past 24 hours. so, two less teams needing a qb that theoretically could have been linked to watson.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Of course He is.
    So Blast...how do You honestly feel about the Trubisky signing???
    I'm curious, and can't really tell for what You've said.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still digesting it, I have to move past the fact that they had an opportunity for a franchise guy, especially with what King is saying how much Watson wanted to come here. I know you don’t like him, I’m just explaining from my pov. Who knows, maybe the package it takes to land him turns out to be insane, that will make me feel better.

I haven’t been a fan of Trubiskys, wasn’t sold on him coming out of the draft and generally feel these reclamation projects don’t pan out. But I have been digging into him more since the news broke, he’s done some good things and Nagy really is awful and he still had some success there.

So basically I will don my black and gold homer glasses, convince myself of the Nagy narrative and that his time in Buffalo ironed out his flaws and hope for the best next season :beg:

Silver lining, 2023 class is as good as you guys say it is and they manage to nab one of them if Trubisky doesn’t pan out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Got 2 say I agree. I didn't want Watson, but I think Watson is way better than Trubisky.
    I shall also put on My Black, and Gold glasses....wait they are already on. LoL

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Watson is better. Clearly. He's also [apparently] a scumbag, which, whatever. Beyond that, he has a huge cap hit and was going to cost a fortune in draft capital. It was never going to happen. Neither was Wilson or Rodgers. For a lotto ticket, I believe Mitch is the guy. If it works, great. If it doesn't work, with roster holes being filled this year, they can go after any draft QB they want next year.

It's a mini rebuild of sorts. It's what I wanted to do last year. They dumped some older players last off season but I wanted to keep going with Ben, Haden, Ebron and others. Fine.

23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree, but We could have filled more holes if We didn't bring in Trubisky. Do You Honestly believe Trubisky is 3 times better than Mason....because I bet You that's how much He is paid like. If it's not the guy ....it's not The guy, and if You are waiting 2 draft next year why bother.....unless Trubisky is 3 times better than anyone We had. That all I'm saying. Otherwise I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Yes. And, while I believe in "rebuilding" years, the Steelers do not. I wouldn't have complained about Haskins leading us to a 4-13 mark but that's not the way. We'll see, man. :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I wouldn't take any of what King said on the subject very seriously. He repeatedly said it was a done deal. It wasn't. I'll defend media types until they prove that they shouldn't be defended. At least as it relates to this story, King doesn't deserve to be defended. He was clearly speaking out of the wrong end of his anatomy. My best guess is that Watson's agent fed him bad information to try to make it seem like his client was drawing more interest than reality. Instead of seeking more sources, he ran with it.

If the Texans really do get three first-round picks and more, the Steelers made the right call passing on Watson. I just can't see taking that risk with the accusations and the possibility of league discipline hanging over him. Also, the Steelers aren't a quarterback away, and a deal like the one being reported would eat up most of their draft capital and their cap room, so how were they going to fix the other holes in the team?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1