1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Carson Wentz?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PitJax, Feb 14, 2022.

1. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I believe we have seen the best and the worst of Wentz. Plus he is injury prone. And a turnover machine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018
    I do think he's better than Mason but no enough imo plus it seems like he comes with some baggage.

• Like Like x 1
  3. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    IF Wentz could be had for cheap I think he could be worth a look. I think he's far better than anything we have on the roster, still young and I believe still has upside..jmo

4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Teaching someone is one thing, being teachable is another. Living near Philly I recall that one of the biggest issues with Wentz was his insecurities when facing critiques of how he played. I do not know how true that is, but his demeanor certainly does not show someone who has or can accept criticism and grow from it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Except for the big fact that Trubisky and Marriota are actual free agents looking for a job!

And, please stay away from Winston as he just tore his ACL in November.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Critiques by who though? Legitimate members of the Eagles staff or at least NFL people? If we are talking about eagles fans they would devour their young and I'd be standoffish about as well.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I agree, and I can't find the articles, but it was local Philly talk radio and reports from within the organization. This of course was also the time the HC was having issues. I don't know how much stock you can put into it, but it was the reports at the time.

If you Google Carson Wentz uncoachable several articles come up from the period right before he was traded.

8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

If Wentz is cut... then I would at least consider it. Not worth the trade though.

9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    If they go vet QB, I don't want to give up anything but money and maybe a mid round pick would be okay. Can't be super expensive either. Gotta be healthy, too. That means, possibly, Jimmy, Wentz, Trubisky, and Mariota. I'd be good with 1 of those 4, whether they took a 1st round QB or not. A QB room next year something like Jimmy, Mason, Howell could be fun.

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If Wentz get released its worth a look, not in favor of trading any picks for him.

Still think they go with Rudolph.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    sure. use the draft for other positions. doubt it will happen though. :cool:

12. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    I would rather have Rudolph over wentz. He is not the answer. He turns the ball over to much.

• Like Like x 1