1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Cowher vs Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by hmmmmm, Jan 19, 2022.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    What site are you talking about?

Have you been in a gameday thread??

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Read what he said again. You missed the point.

3. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I didn’t miss the point. He thinks he Ben played poor in the super bowl. My point is that team isn’t in the super bowl without his stellar play. Also as I pointed out just because Ben ran it in instead of throwing kept his rating in the super bowl low. People need to go back and watch the game. It’s not as bad as ESPN says it was.

4. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Apparently if a QB leads his team to a 49-0 win but the WR falls down at the one every time and the RB runs it in 7 times. Also just before halftime that QB has :01 on the clock throws a Hail Mary and it’s intercepted (which didn’t hurt his team at all). Said QB ends up with 300 yards 0 TDs and 1 interception his QB rating would suck and everyone would say he didn’t earn the ring. That’s exactly what is being said here. Yes this is not what happened however my POINT is apparently people think the ONLY thing that matters is stats not the win.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He did play poor, he made a couple of plays in the game but overall, it was a bad game by him.

You are talking about one playoff run but the debate is that Seiferts more championship appearances has a lot to do with having QB’s who rose to the occasion than wilted like Ben has done time and again.

Bens play got them to THAT SB, what about all the other playoff runs that he didn’t play well.

6. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Most of the playoff runs failed do to Tomlin

7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    And Ben

8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    You can’t make deep playoff runs with a good QB, one WR and one RB (the three B’s). Look at the Packers Rodgers, Adams and Jones. Yet they can’t win. Plus Tomlin’s goal is to give a RB so many touches he can’t be available at the end of the year (which submarines your offense when that was 60% of it)

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    In my eyes, it is defense not being up to snuff, and injuries.

Just look at playoffs this weekend ... As good as Aaron Rodgers is, he will never win another SB without that defense he had that 2011 Superbowl run, and competent special teams.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    While I agree. Green Bay had the number 8 defense this year.
    People don't want 2 say, but Rodgers has a lot 2 do with not getting back 2 a SB. Yes He is one of the greatest regular season Qbs ever, but It's not what You do , but when You do it.
    He is so caught up in His Tds - int stats that there are times He won't take shots. I've been saying this for year, and been laughed at. Today finally they broke down ,and talked about some of it on ESPN. I was like finally.

11. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    I agree with the defense and injury comment. I would add that Tomlin causes injuries to our RBs. Najee Harris hurt his elbow. Which significantly affected his game. He loves the stiff arm. How many times did Bell get hurt before or during the playoffs. The commentators even point out that Harris was on the field for 85% of the offensive snaps they said no other RB was over 70%. It’s his goal to “run his wheels off”. When we had Bell he could have easily given Blount the Ball 10 to 15 times a game and Bel 20 to 25 times. Then Blount would have been happy and Bell would be less likely to get hurt and if it did happen the backup would be ready to go.

12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Is that Tomlin teaching Bush how to tackle?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  13. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    :roflmao: "Look, Devin, we've been over this. If you're not willing to tackle at least you can play contain."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1