1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Realistically, your thought on 2022 QB

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Jan 16, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Really? I realized my superstitions were meaningless years ago. What we do is only to ease our mind. If they worked the Steelers, Penguins and Pirates would win every year.

2. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    That reminds me of a joke. Blonde walks into a doctor's office. She says "Dr Dr I think my whole body is broken! If I touch my legs it hurts. If I touch my head it hurts. If I touch my shoulder it hurts. If I touch my back it hurts."

Doctor says, "Your finger's broken."

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  3. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    If this is true I need to stop making blood sacrifices. Plus I'm tired of looking at all the posters in my neighborhood for lost pets.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Tulsa

Tulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2016
    Is Canada back as OC? If so, I wonder how much imput he will have on this.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i would love that. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    it's not like we have to give up all our money and every draft pick we would have for the next 25 years. we can do both if they are up to it. let's go brandon may be our new chant when hunt has to build this team. :cool:

7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I believe Canada will be back. Tomlin is stubborn. No way the cut Canada loose after a playoff run.

8. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    nor should they. everything changes without ben. it doesn't limit any coach or gameplan from here on out. :cool:

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Seems dumb 2 draft , or get a Qb for a OC that probably won't last 2 years. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No the game plan limits the game plan. This is not college. Hell it really didn't work in college, but for a few games.
    I'm sitting here right now watching college concepts being shut down in this eagles / bucs game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Matt Ryan. his cap hit is only 90 million for the next two years, lol. I did see him suggested somewhere

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ah. Green font. Never mind. :thumbs_up:

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’ve had my lucky underwear on all season and I’m not changing them now.

Just saying

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I think they have to at least explore it, but at what cost? Still owed 77 million over the last 2 years of his current contract. Cap wise I know things could get done, and at 33 is still viable, but even if some of that 77 mill is already accounted for or picked up by Seattle yiu know he is going to want another contract with huge numbers, taking him into that late career older QB with big cap numbers. Also Seattle is going to want likely 3 picks, 2 firsts I would imagine. If the team had a 2 year window, already set up like the Rams then perhaps. But I just do not see us there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Steelers will be picking in the high teens one they lose today. They will have a chance at a QB there but will it be the right one? Lots of teams need a QB in this draft that have higher picks. Steelers will need some luck like they had in 2004.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Rudolph only got a year extension, not sure how in love with him the Steelers are. If they make no moves for a QB, it could be an open competition in camp with whomever performs best to start the season.

I really hope they don’t do that but there isn’t much there in free agency, Brissett and Mariota are the best of the bunch and don’t want to see either of them here either.

Drafting one is getting more difficult by the week as our beloved Steelers continue to defy odds.

Only other option is trade for one which I think has a pretty good chance of happening. They parted with a first rd pick for Minkah, you don’t think they will for a QB, especially if it’s someone like Wilson? Which would take two first rd picks but could see them do that as well. I don’t want to give up a ton for Rodgers at his age. There could be guys like Carr and Cousins that would cost less in draft capital.

It’s Colberts last year as GM, would he throw a hand grenade into the Steelers draft over the next couple seasons? A lot would depend on how he views the team, he may want to capitalize on Watt and the defense and not spend years on finding a QB. That could drive him to make a trade.

Plan A will be to try and work a trade.
    Plan B will be to hope a QB falls in the draft and/or trade up.
    Plan C is to have Rudolph or one of the other QBs on the roster start.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Agree with you. Canada should be gone along w most of off staff

Steelers need a new OC OL coaches n a DC that gets to run their def

Canada has shown very little n the stuff he has shown is not good

But Tomlin will kerp him c mo n run it back w Mason n vet to compete w him

Good news ot should result in a 5 n 12 season n great pics in 23 draft

• Like Like x 1
  18. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    no one this year seems to stand out in the draft
    So
    What about someone like Ryan Fitzpatrick

19. saturdaysarebetter

saturdaysarebetter Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2018
    How many points did Mason Rudolph lead us to against at that time winless Detroit? Detroit!? Have to get someone else.

20. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I really did not put much stock in the one year extension either way. The team had no experienced QB on the roster for 2022. MR could have explored fa, but what was interest was he really going to get. It basically was just an insurance signing for both sides, he gets a little security and at least chane to show, the team makes a modest investment for a year.

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes but if they were sold on him don’t you think they would have locked him up longer. I think they know what they have in him and will only roll with him as a last resort.

22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Both better than Rudolph... Actually,Keenum should have be starting instead of Faker, but being the 1st overall pick and all...affords you extra time I guess....And Mullins in his one start, looked better too!

23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Nobody is trading for either one of those Bums

24. TheNightfly

TheNightfly Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Wentz would be smart

25. Master Of Puppets

Master Of Puppets Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2021
    especially considering haskins is a free agent ..:lolol: