1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

All the guys saying they were sitting out this game

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Marvology, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Wonder what they're going to do for the playoffs? :roflmao:

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    They’ll tell how we don’t have a chance and how it messed up our draft position.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I don't know how you root for your team to NOT make the playoffs. I have made it aware that I wasn't confident in their chances, but I wanted them to make it. Especially since in knocked out the Ravens.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    It's a whole new different season if we make the playoffs. I was doubting them and admit it big time.:herewego!:

• Like Like x 3
  5. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Any season where I got extra weeks of rooting interest is good with me. While its highly unlikely there is a chance. We've had successful draft picks from numerous spots/rounds of the draft, so i never get tanking for picks unless you are a really bad team eliminated from playoffs towards end of season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    You have a year where you think Browns have the arrow pointing up for them, things looked good for Ravens.
    Young QBs

The old washed up one swept them both and made the playoffs.

Not sure how you can’t be happy with that if you want to Root for draft position go be a Browns fan, this is a culture with an expectation to win…
    The good thing for us is that a bunch of Rookies are learning that, we aren’t tanking to get some crap shoot rookie QB

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    yep the more games the better. i'll worry about the draft in april, and only for the like for the first couple of rounds anyway.

i'll let others figure out what's best and I'll sit here and just root for them. and possibly use my powers of hindsight to criticize draft picks after the fact.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    People doubted the Jaguars not the Steelers at least this week.

Media has been hyping the Colts for a couple years now like they hyped the Browns. Also Taylor was having an MVP type season behind a good OL.

As overhyped as the Colts may have been they let a 2-14 team keep them out of the playoffs in the final game- I imagine the whole coaching staff is getting fired.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Teams suffer bad losses every year. For those people that rag on Tomlin about it this is just a prime example. Stupid people on here think it's just Tomlin. No, you think its just Tomlin, because that's all you watch. The Bills lost to the same team. That being said one game doesnt make a season... if that was the case the Detroit tie should have eliminated the Steelers. The Colts coaching staff isnt getting fired because of this loss, at least not the head coach, nor should he be. It's just a bad loss that looks like it was at the worse time.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Issue with Tomlin is one consistent issue he has shown for more than a decade once the old vets started retiring. That's his inability to have his team ready 4 or 5 games a year. This isn't fantasy. This isnt arm chair quarterbacking. This is reality.

I get that the offensive line stinks, half of them are rookies and 2nd year guys. I get that Big Ben is a shell of himself. I get when Johnson drops the ball.

However, too many times the defense, with my own eyes, is scrambling during plays. Let's his players freelance too much to the point where discipline of the team is in question. These aren't just comments from me who is observant. James Harrison has said this. Terry Bradshaw has said it. And those two have 100% credibility in anyone's book because they have lived it and have performed at the highest of highest over and over again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    We have some young players on defense. At the very least, we have several new starters and an ILB coming off major knee surgery. Not to mention many injuries to key players (Watt, Haden, Tuitt). Losing Hargrave and Hilton didn't help. I don't think the blame solely lies with the head coach.

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Same here. I never felt they would make the play offs, but always want them to defeat the next opponent, especially when the last 2 are your most hated rivals. That said fir those gloating that we are in the.play offs. We were not officially in till the Raiders scored a TD in OT. Some real life scripts would not make a believable movie.

• Like Like x 2
  13. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

They won on a field goal.

14. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Honestly I just checked the stats line. Saw the game went into OT and the Chargers had a fg and Raiders had 6. So it actually was closer to the tie after all lol. Unbelievable.

15. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Kudos to the raiders. This last drive in OT definitely wasn't necessary. Man, unbelievable Game. I'm glad that I didn't watch this unreal game. My heart just survived the Steelers game. That would have been to much

Btw, i would have quit watching NFL if this have been a tie. But probably just until next preseason ;)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I told the wife last night if the game ended in a tie last night then the TV would be in the pond.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  17. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Its funny that the most unlikely result yesterday needing the Jags to beat the Colts was the game we worried least about and was never in doubt for one single second. The Jags never at any point gave the Colts any chance what do ever to win that game. Trevor Lawrence came out on fire and hit his first 11 passes he just could not and would not miss. It was just unbelievable to sit there and follow and see how terribly the Colts imploded. They had a 98 percent chance to make the playoffs before their loss to the Raiders last week and the Steelers had a 4 percent chance before their win against the Browns last week. Just unbelievable odds to overcome.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Supposedly Carr said that Chargers taking a timeout at the end of OT changed their strategy. He said had they not taken that time-out, they would have let time expire and end it in a tie. So questionable time management by another coach saved us. Interesting if true.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    One strange ass season. I would think most NFL fans are expecting to see TB GB KC in the SB but now I wonder.

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. RedHawk79

RedHawk79 Member

Dec 5, 2021
    Agree with the kudos. For all the pre-game talk about the Chargers and Raiders conspiring for a tie, I doubt anyone (except us) would have criticized the Raiders for taking a knee rather than trying the winning field goal with seconds left in OT. Granted, their motivation was likely to avoid KC in round one, but taking that knee at least guarantees that you are in the playoffs. A long field goal has risk of a block and runback. Slim, yes. But ask Joe Pisarcik about slim chances.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't know if Carr said it too but, Collinsworth did. He was advocating both teams play for the tie!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Once I heard the Colts hadn't won in Jacksonville in 4 or 5 years I was less sure the Colts had it locked up. It's hilarious that the Steelers were a missed 48 yard FG away from missing the playoffs!

You're right the Steelers were unbelievably lucky to get the 7th seed.

23. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Gee I wonder why

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I looked up Reich's contract and he is signed through 2026 so... he will be back. I don't think he would be back if his contract was up the way Irsay is willing to fire coaches. It varies team to team.

A lot of people wanted Tomlin fired after the loss to Tebow in 2012. It's a good thing they aren't in charge because the Steelers have won 2 playoff games since and never had a losing record in the regular season.

• Like Like x 1
  25. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I don't think they would have let time expire, but they would have been happy trying a 58 yard field goal. The time out just convinced them to get in closer and go for a game winner.