1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

what players do we bring back?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jan 5, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    or try to.

montravious adams for one. he has done a good job at the nose so far. if we can get carl davis back healthy i think this duo could be fine for us on the interior.

ahkello witherspoon. he has played well for us. i also bring him back.

john LeGlue. he hasn't looked lost at guard. this last game he looked really good. one thing about him is his versatility too. he can play any position across the line. these type of guys are very good to have on hand during games.

miles killebrew. we need depth at safety if edmunds goes. he has vet experience and won't be lost. he is also a good special teamer.

juju smith-schuster. nuff said juju makes a difference and plays tough. good blocker.

ray ray mcloud. he has worth to us.

any others?:cool:

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    All of them.

JK, just the good ones Steelers can afford.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Depends on the price, but I agree with all of the above.

Before Juju was injured I thought the Steelers WR depth was fine, but it's obviously not. If Juju doesn't come back, they need to find another 1/2 WR. Claypool is fine as a complement but not as a 1/2.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    as much as we use 3 wr sets, i'd like to see juju back. it should help the run game too. i'm afraid washington may be the odd man out or if they can't sign juju, i have a bad feeling they will keep washington. especially if mason is going to start. :cool:

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I agree with the list in the OP. I'm guessing they will bring Waitman back at least to compete with Harvin. I know it is only two games, but he sure has looked like the better option.

I'm not sure Adams is an every-down guy, but he has looked good as a rotational guy. The real questions are Tuitt and Alualu. This is probably too optimistic, but if even one of them can return, they might be pretty formidable up front even if they don't address the position in the draft.

6. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yes i agree scribe. if they can bring adams back, alualu gets healthy, wormley, davis, cam, loudermilk. not a bad group really. waitman is signed for next year as of over the cap, so he should be in camp.

i like our 3 TE's as well with radar, muth and gentry. maybe sternberger as a 4th in camp.

WR and it's depth are going to be a place that we will have to wait and see what they decide to do.

ILB is a spot as well. i'd keep schobert. buddy j. bush of course is still here and UG3 are all still signed. truszka is still signed. taco? simon? these two may be guys we could give minimal contracts to. taco hasn't looked too bad. :cool:

7. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tuszka and Charlton (OLB) seems like a good rotational pieces.
    Hassenanuer and Finney for the offensive line. Banner as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I would bring back taco. He’s good depth with high motor.

We still need a true #1, losing Brown hampered us a bit. We definitely need Juju, I at least want him back. #1 Wr, juju, cray pool and Johnson. Probably let Washington go but I like him as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Ben. Still our best QB. :hehehe:

• Like Like x 1
  11. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
  12. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Nice list Mac. Agreed on all.

Witherspoon needs to be brought back especially with Haden leaving. He has earned a contract.

Montravius Adams should be brought back as well as a back up, rotational piece. Hopefully Alualu finishes his contract but they needs to draft a stud Nose/ D tackle.

I would bring Juju back again on a 1 year deal since Washington will be gone.

Ray Ray has earned a contract.

Leglue hopefully will be brought back for depth or to challenge for a spot.

Miles Killebrew should be brought back as well for depth.

JC Hassenauer should be brought back as well. Depth.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m not impressed with Witherspoon if we can find something better. I watched him several times and saw a slow guy who has to play way off the line.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah just something about him. I mean the splash plays are there and have a tendency to make his play seem better than it really is. There were quite a few times where Peoples Jones had left him in the dust on Monday. That being said Witherspoon does have a nose for the ball and that's something you can't teach

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    You think Ray Ray gets a deal for his st ability or as a wr? To me he seems like a poor man's Eli Rogers.

16. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    I think Rogers attitude was his downfall? Dunno. I think Ray Ray definitely stays because he also returns punts and kicks. He's not going anywhere with that kind of versatility.

How McCloud is used as a WR will depend on the OC next year and QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    He is signed for 2022, but they should be doing an extension before next year.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Not Baker Mayfield

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think he’s been solid in recent weeks, now that he’s comfortable with the defense. True shut-down corners are rare, and most starting corners give up separation multiple times per game in man coverage. I also recall that at least one of the plays where Peoples Jones beat him was a deep cross where Minkah got caught leaning the wrong direction and didn’t provide the necessary safety help. He’s no shut down corner, but I think he’s pretty solid overall. The question for me is how much are willing to pay him?

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He has been getting more and more targets on offense. Plus he returns kicks. Not looking for a break the bank type deal but he is worth keeping.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    On principle alone I wouldn't want a Browns cast off to start at QB. Also I think the Browns may have finally broken him. 4 different head coaches in 4 years if you count Gregg Williams. I don't understand the hype around the Browns when they were literally the worst team ever 5 and 6 years ago...

I'm hoping the Browns move on from Baker and begin another 20 year search for a franchise QB. Baker will probably be a journeyman like Alex Smith.

22. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    There are a lot of UFA CB this off-season including Haden. Should be interesting. Any guesses on an outcome?

23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Stocking a roster with #1 overall picks and big name free agents certainly generates hype. It’s fun to see them below .500 after being the sexy Super Bowl pick.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  24. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    Right? The hype is ridiculous. Garrett and Ward are the two 1sts that have made a Pro Bowl for them since they took Haden in 2010.

The number of players they have drafted that fail to start a single season for the Browns is staggering.

25. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Killebrew is a luxury to have, but I guess it depends if they re-sign Edmunds to a team friendly deal. Maybe better just to draft a back up.

• Agree Agree x 1