1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Fire Mike Tomlin thread.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    :rolleyes: When you don't like the message, attack the messenger.(Or in this case, the guy who just passed the message along)

Just pointing out that not every single person in sports media is swinging from St. Tomlin's jock for the first time I've ever noticed. It won't be the last.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Huh

3. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I didn't stutter. :roflmao:

You tried mocking me for showing SS's Twitter. I didn't necessarily agree nor endorse what he was saying. Just pointed out that someone from the media actually questioned Tomlin - for the first time that I ever noticed. You didn't like St. Tomlin being questioned, so you just had to go after me for something Shannon Sharpe said.

That's... how did you put it? Not a good look. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    No
    No
    You are mistaken

5. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Ok. That very well can be. Explain.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You did more than just pass the message along.

7. kicker_twentyone

kicker_twentyone Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2020
    Does he have any trade value?

8. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Colin Cowherd is another. Likes to say Tomlin's teams "aren't buttoned up."

9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Interesting. I can't even remember the last time I watched or listened to him.

10. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    In other posts, sure. But not in this instance. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    He's OK. The only sports show I really like is NBA on TNT and I stopped watching basketball.

12. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    I just don't have the time to be watching sports talk shows. The only way I get any pulse on what they're saying is when I occasionally check Twitter, or someone shares something they said. That goes for Pittsburgh media too (especially since I don't live there).

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't either. I listen 2 them. Anytime I work I listen 2 sports radio till after lunch, and then Music.

14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Tomlin on Canada's play calling:

Mike Tomlin’s admission he has “no reservations” about Matt Canada’s play-calling this season is stunning on several levels, especially given what has been on display most of the season.

Where do you want to start?

That the Steelers are scoring six points per game fewer than they did last season and have scored fewer than 20 points in more than half their games?

That they’ve been outscored, 114-19, in the first half of the past six games?

That for the first time since 1940 they haven’t scored a touchdown in the first half of the past five games?

This is from a Gerry Dulac column on Tomlin. Even if you're a supporter of Tomlin this has to bother you. Canada has one more year on his contract and this looks like an endorsement for him to have another year. I have become convinced that Tomlin is not the coach for this team in the future. The organization won't make any changes though. That's what you can count on. So on we merrily go with a coaching staff that cannot prepare this team to even do the basics of football. so there you have it

• Like Like x 1
  15. FosterMorris

Dec 21, 2016
    At -70 this is the second worst point differential the Steelers have had since 1969.

16. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    Why did Tomlin do what John IDIOT Harbaugh did and go for 2 is he a follower now

17. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think you are on to something. LOL. Let someone else take him off our hands.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I wanna keep Tomlin. This team is not good.

19. SWSteel

SWSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2020
    Exactly why he should be gone. He n Colbert picked these players. This Org needs fresh start n that begins by opening a few windows n bringing in fresh air n ideas

This is Groundhog day

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I wanted Tomlin gone several seasons ago. He's had great players over the years but he's just your average run of the mill coach and doesn't get the most out of his players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Average run of the mill coaches don't help teams win 152 games for a .640 win %. Average run of the mill coaches don't help teams make the post season 9 out of 14 seasons. Average run of the mill coaches don't help organization make it to two Superbowls.

Doesn't get the most out of his players? How did great players become great under Tomlin? I can see you probably haven't been paying attention over the years. You probably let the disappointing losses influence your opinion towards the negative end of the spectrum.

I will attempt to equate life to sports for you. Are you a failure because you don't reach the pinnacle of your profession?

That being said, Tomlin is a winner and a champion. Ultimately, it takes relatively healthy teams, some luck, good/great TEAMS, teams limit mistakes, and players doing their jobs (execution) to win a championship.

Some of the nonsense people spew because of the failure to win more championships is BS.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Then...Why with you want to keep him?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Look at the last 5 years. Assuming this year they miss the playoffs, that will be 3 times in 5 years and the 2 years they did make it, they got beat by lesser teams. The past 5 year stretch is very below average if you ask me.

24. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    You talking to the wrong person about "lesser" teams. Simply because every team in the NFL has the coaching and talent to win. This seems so new for some folks.

Where do injuries fall into the equation? Where do player personnel decisions fall into the equation? How much cap space did cutting AB cost the Steelers for one or two seasons? Tuitt? Sorry but coaches have a difficult time overcoming top player losses. How many games did Watt miss this year?

The Ravens are on a 4 game losing streak. Mostly due to injuries. But Harbaugh is still one of the best HC in the league. The Chiefs were stinking earlier in the season. But they stuck true to their formula. Sean P offensive genius in NO. How is NO doing without Brees? Carrol in Seattle without Wilson? BB the year without Brady and other players? Again coaches have a difficult time overcoming player losses.

Blaming everything on Tomlin isn't the answer. There are issues outside of the HC with the Steelers. Blame Tomlin for everything if you like. I've learned better.

I have no problem if people simply believe it's time for change at HC. I will have no problem if the Steelers fire Tomlin at the end of this year. I have an issue with people who simply believe that Tomlin is the MAIN issue with this team.

The Steelers are young on offense. The injuries to the Dline and defense made it difficult for the team to be competitive in every game. We know what we have at QB at this point.

Tomlin has higher bosses that are more responsible for the outcome and overall direction of this team. Tomlin's job is to attempt to win games regardless of the circumstances he is dealt.

25. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    First off, I never said Tomlin was the only person to blame for the steelers results. You trying to put words in my mouth is lame and disingenuous. That is your narrative, not mine. But the fact that you place zero blame on the head coach for not winning a playoff game in the past 5 years makes you sound like a pathetic MT apologist. It's time for a HC change in Pittsburgh. Period.

• Like Like x 1