1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Not sure what some people mean by "rebuild"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steel Acorn, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think we have lots of pieces in place - it is not like the whole team is turrible.

Harris might be a star RB
    Muth could be a great TE
    DJ is a solid receiver
    Juju might be back and is a tough receiver
    Not sure about Claypool

Watt is a monster (when healthy)
    Cam is a beast

So there are clear areas in need of an upgrade, I think specifically coordinators and scheme on both sides, and ILB, secondary, D-line, and O-line. And of course a new QB. I don't see that as a rebuild, but needing some pieces (OK, maybe a lot on defense). I think the main issue on offense is the scheme and play calling - it all seems a bit bizarre and ineffective. Other teams turn things around quickly - no reason we can't.

2. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    The only guys I would keep are. Harris, dj, muth. On offense.watt,heyward, and minkah
    Are the only guys. I keep on defense. The rest of them can clean out there lockers! And edmunds would be lucky to start in the Canadian league. And I'm sorry highsmith is not that good. I think I seen him make 3 plays all year. He is clearly out matched every week. He would cut to!!!

3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The O lines and D lines need to completely be rebuilt. That is gonna take a while

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

Agree on the o-line.... And to add, we need a coach that can put it all together.... It doesn't matter who is at each position... They need to play as a unit and be better than the sum of its parts.....
    As for the d-line, a dominant NT, and a healthy Tuitt (physically and mentally) and the original standard returns

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Spock

Spock Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2015
    Not sure who will return next year. However, on defense the Steelers could easily be top five with the addition of a decent middle linebacker and an above average corner back. We have five stud defensive linemen if all return and are healthy. Outside backer is great although we could use some decent backup. Safety play is good and one side of the corner spot works well.

Boz is money. We will see how well our punter can develop.

Offense has skill at wide receiver, tight end and running back.

The Steelers need a new blue chip quarterback. They also need SERIOUS talent infusion on the offense line.

Line coach on offense, special team coach, offensive coordinator, and line backer coaching ALL needs major improvement.

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dallas went from their historically worst Defense to one that wins game in one year.

couple solid draft picks and a solid coach can do wonders.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Fire squad the coaching staff. You cannot rebuild as long as Mike Tomlin is there. Simple!