1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Harvin is worse than Berry

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Dec 9, 2021.

1. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Consistency is a coachable trait. Unfortunately, wad of gum is not the coach for that task

2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    My first thought is the kid is not getting the proper coaching. A good coach would have him prepared ...I assume he's been working on his technique since he was drafted by the steelers. What's our ST's coach doing?

If poor technique and mental mistakes were limited to one or two players... I'd say yea the player is probably a problem. When it's all over the entire roster.... you can only conclude the coaches suck.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    He’s gotten worse over the year not sure what’s going on. I didn’t mind the occasional shank but they’re too frequent now.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm going to guess that playing for Georgia Tech, there weren't too many ultra cold days to deal with. That said, I thought there were place-kicking and punting balls that are kept heated? I may be wrong on the heated ball, but I'm pretty sure there are separate kicking balls.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Regardless of his inconsistencies, it looks like Harvin got voted into the pro bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    i don't like any punter who can't or won't kick Fg if Fg kicker is hurt. Harvin kicks short one time then long one time [ no no] wasted draft pick .

7. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Punts inside the 20.

8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Harvin is either feast or famine. He's had some great punts this year that have pinned the opposing team back behind 10 yard line on several occasions.

9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It usually takes about 3-4 years before You really know what You got in a player. That's why I don't go gaga over Qbs as fast as some people do. Same with all players.
    What I said about Claypool, I said last year. Great potential, but would be nice if He tracks balls better, and stopped falling down. I won't give up on Him yet, or the punter. JMO

• Agree Agree x 1