1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Rapid reaction to Ravens win

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Maddog78, Dec 5, 2021.

1. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you completely reverse everything I get why Harbaugh did what he did.

On the road against the most difficult rival, and his team was doing quite a bit better for so long in the game, but then the home team comes back with 17 points in the 4th quarter and being more effective in a few phases. Now, on the last possible drive my guys muster up enough in the closing seconds, while getting some of the earlier mojo back and can put it away and crush them before we see em in a few weeks. With that we have one play and a couple yards or go into OT in their house and hope their 2nd half success doesn’t continue at home. Ben’s last home game against us.

• Like Like x 1
  2. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Mostly because TJ was pressuring the throw and right in his face. Without that it’s a completion without a doubt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Our team is bipolar. We “get up” for certain games and look good, only to completely not show up for other. It’s beginning to look like a Tomlin issue since all this talk about attention to detail in practice being an issue. Lack of attention to detail in practice would definitely harbor this type of bipolarism in play.

4. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013

5. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Great game. I thought ben played good. Watt is a beast. I thought the defense played solid. There was pass interference call on Fitzpatrick..that was a bad call.i noticed I did not see st pierre and I did not want to see him on the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Ravens' John Harbaugh on decision to go for 2 instead of game-tying PAT in loss to Steelers: 'We were pretty much out of corners'

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Nope. What it is is professional sports. Every once in a while, teams have very bad games, usually against in-division competition. Good coaching is usually enough to get the team back up for the next game. Bad coaching would allow the team to wallow in their misery and continue to suck. To blame it on Tomlin requires every team that loses to fire their coach. I swear, some of you people would have us with a different head coach every third week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I don't think that it should be overlooked that TJ totally disrupted the play flying in untouched and got his hands in Lamar's face.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Last week is last time.
    Next week is next time
    Next time is ahhhhhhh forget it.

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    If you would tell me that Boswell missed an extra point and booted a kickoff out of bounds, the defense gave up a 99 yard drive, Johnson drops an easy TD pass, we only had the ball for 23 minutes and the refs screwed us inside and out. I would have guessed that we lost 28-7. Good job by the Steelers for overcoming all these things to win.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    He was who we thought he was, LOL.

So happy to see one of his arrogant decisions backfire in his arrogant smirking face.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am so beyond happy about this win. I actually thought we played well - what I have been wanting to see all weekend. TJ was amazing. The OL, especially in the 4th quarter, was good and opened up some holes for Najee.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    While I am elated that we came back and beat the Ratbirds, I still don't see us making the playoffs. Just don't think we're very good. Baltimore, when you shut down Jackson like we did, isn't a very good team either. But, hey, I'm usually wrong more than right!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    I think for middling teams this is how it goes. That's just who the Steelers (and a dozen or so other teams) are right now. I include the Ravens in that.

But I think the best teams are starting to establish themselves and will separate from the pack down the stretch.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They have been close to the edge in several games to lose. There lucky streak came to an end.

Your right they played subpar until the 4th quarter. They were getting manhandled and turned the tide on both sides of the ball. Then the physical presence came out. Long overdue.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    That's why he is paid the big bucks! Worth every G Note.

17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Emotional, physical win over biggest rival in must-win game, followed by short turnaround to play a bad NFC team with weapons. The Vikings game is pictured in the dictionary next to the definition of Trap Game.

18. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

They didn’t have the defensive backs to play an overtime period.

19. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I know that was his reasoning, but they just knifed through our D like soft butter and are in FG range at the 50-yard line with Tucker. What if they had won the coin toss?

Bad message to send to your team, IMO.

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    they could have lost the coin toss as well. Just because they had success on one drive doesn’t mean they will have success on the next. Given the situation hairball made the right call.

21. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    He screwed up calling a play that demanded Watt not get pressure.

22. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Harvin needs to improve.

What the heck is up with his technique that he is shanking them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Witherspoon played real good! So did Leglue...Even Benny Snell Football but...

If Watt doesn't make ANOTHER outstanding play on the 2 point conversion... EVERYONE one here would be talking about Bush and the season being over...

On the 2 point conversion,He didn't AGAIN no what TF, he was doing...And it seemed when he did recognize he was in no mans land...He jogged towards Andrews... Kinda like he did the whole game, AGAIN!

Last edited: Dec 6, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    It wasn't his man. Minka was suppose to Andrew, who came from the left side and got open.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm happy with the Muth pick, they can find another center after passing on Creed Humphrey, if they decide to move Green to guard.

• Like Like x 1