1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

I guess Diontae Johnson is over the drops

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Dec 2, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Maddog won't post the positive PFF stats, so I will :lolol:.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    *knocks on wood*

• Like Like x 2
  3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Breakout season

• Like Like x 3
  4. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He worked hard in the off season to correct his drops, wished Chase and others do the same.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Good for him. He had a major weakness in his game so he worked hard to correct it. That shows that he takes his craft seriously.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Chase needs to work with a gymnastics coach in the off-season on a balance beam to see if he can figure out how not to fall down every time he reaches to make a catch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Not saying this guy will be as good as AB was, but he can be a Pro Bowl level WR for sure. He has a lot of tools in his box, with quite a bit similar skill set, and he doesn't seem to act out or be any kind of problem (as of now)

Setting himself up for a nice 2nd contract for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Diontae is on my fantasy team and he has been solid all year.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I drafted him, traded him and then reacquired him :lolol:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It really was just a few games. Johnson didn't have a huge problem with drops in college or as a rookie. It seemed as if he had one bad day and it got into his head, so he worked his way through the problem. I think he came out better on the other side. The only concern I have is if he will go into a funk again if he has a couple of drops in a game.

11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    My son and I were in the first row of the corner end zone for the warmups to the Cincy game last week and he had an incredible fingernail catch right in front of us while tapping both feet inbounds inches from being out of bounds. Every body around us cheered after picking their jaw back up off the ground. Teammates were running up to him and high fiving him from every direction.

Unfortunately that may have been the most exciting part of that game for Steelers fans and it didn't even count.

• Like Like x 2
  12. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    With Ebron gone and Diontae fixing his issues ... our drops must be down dramatically. Unfortunately Harris has picked up the dropping slack. I'm less concerned about a RB dropping balls vs a WR. He usually has short off target passes with defenders in his face so it's more understandable.

Now just need to work on running better routes to create more separation. He masters this and he'll be a pro bowl WR.

13. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Dionte has been one of the few good players for us this season. I look forward to his progression next year although we will need to figure out QB1

• Like Like x 3
  14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    DJ's mental mistakes seem to be down too (fumbling, running out of boards when he shouldn't, losing yards and clock by running in the wrong direction, ect.)

15. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    most improved player on the team this year. Great work Diontae!

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I was watching clips of him running these short precise routes on social media this past summer while training and of course I have homer bias but I can only imagine what damage he would have done to teams if he was on the Pats who always seems to have those short precision routes.

Having said that I watched the Ravens DBs play like the Cowboys aggressive style so look for the double move or fade this weekend!

17. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    If the defense wasn't such a shambles, I would think the Steelers would have a puncher's chance simply because the Ravens have given up some big plays in the passing game. This assumes Roethlisberger could connect on the deep ball and the line could give enough time to do it, both very shaky assumptions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    DJ has been one of the few bright spots this season. I think he is on his way to being an All Pro type of player.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    An ascending player without a doubt. I hope they lock him up in the offseason

I’d love to see what he could do in a better offence

• Like Like x 1
  20. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    And that too, he sure falls down a lot.