1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

minkah says practice has to change

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Whose fault is that?

2. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Either way, my point was maybe the players were calling out the others to put more into it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Starts at the top. This is why I don't like the owner. This coaching staff is awful and Art does NOTHING about it. Everything else is fruit of the poisonous tree.

4. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Another example of the crisp, machine-like Steelers executing.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  5. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    dear lord

6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That's still a bigger playsheet than the one Tomlin uses sometimes.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    The GM :shrug:

• Like Like x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Too much talent, what team are you watching? They have one legit DL in Heyward, and it all starts upfront, there's a reason Pierre was a UDFA. Edmunds and Bush haven't lived up to their first round status.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    He can't. It's against the Rooney religion to make significant changes.

10. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Have you seen the #1 defense of the Pats' depth chart? Two late 1st rounders, bunch of mid to late rounders.

Coaching matters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Patriots spent like 21 million on the defense this past offseason.

With Ben gone and the cap going up, maybe the Steelers can invest that into others areas of need.

Unless they bring in a vet QB. Either way they need to spend money next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agreed. The cap has negatively affected our team. The same happened to the Pats. They borrowed against the cap for years and had to pay the piper last year. They also lost Brady.

My concern isn't injuries or cap issues. Those tend to resolve themselves quickly. My issue is we seem to be a dumb football team and have been for a long time. We just don't ever execute flawlessly. We make such dumb mistakes all the time and then have to overcome them. On top of that, I don't believe we put our players in the best position to succeed. For example, having Mason throw 40+ times in bad weather was a horrible idea. There seems to be an arrogance among our coaching staff that we are going to do what we do and it doesn't matter what the other team does. It doesn't matter what the strengths and weaknesses of the other team are, that seems to be irrelevant in our coaches minds. We have our game plan and we're going to pull it off no matter what happens.

That is the stuff that makes me pessimistic about the future. I know there's only one Belichek and lots of other teams around the league have similar issues, but I prefer to aim high not try to be average. Belichek has a rookie QB and is playing it perfect. He's protecting him. Not asking him to do too much. Kind of like Harbaugh with Jackson. He's not asking him to be a pocket passer. He lets him run around and take a beating. He knows that's what Jackson has to do to be successful. I'm not convinced our coaches have that mentality.

13. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Heard it was full pads and hitting in practice this week.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    So, Belichick didn't coach them up last season when they sucked?

15. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    The Patriots had the most players sit out from Covid and they were strapped by the salary cap. They had one bad year. We have had a bad decade. I guess it looks the same to you somehow. Try watching how far the Patriots go this year with a rookie QB. They care and play like a team. Which is the polar opposite of what the Steelers have.

16. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    The HC is responsible for Practice. Fire him at the end of the season. Too many players are criticizing the work ethic. No more excuses for keeping him past this season.

If he turns this around I will put my foot in my mouth and eat it raw. Chances are we aint going nowhere soon. Time for major changes.

He needs to be sitting on lava right now.

17. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Reminds me of those years Brady was complaining about Belicheats practices….or was I thinking of Bettis complaining about Cowher’s practices being a joke? Hmmm

no that’s right… it wasn’t them , its what you hear from teams with crap coaching! This is all such a joke. How can anyone defend this bs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The whole team culture has to change and practice would be a good place to start. Tomlin's attitude with his players conduct is too loose.

19. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    this wasn’t a brain fart in week one or two… this was last week. How can our line not even know the play book? The last three seasons have been a total **** show.

20. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    You want Tomlin to sit on Benny Lava? You a phreak! Not that there's anything wrong with that,

21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Might be. I don't know. I do know that I have stuck up for Him every year. I've been the so called Tomlin apologist. Now I'm starting 2 wonder. Not because of What people say on here, but all this talk about the practices by the players...Has got me wondering if He has not gotten past his time here.:shrug:

22. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    I have a lot of respect and admiration for Tomlin but sometimes organizations need an overhaul. I hate, I mean I really effing hate watching this team that I love get punked by Cleveland, Cincinatti or any team for that matter. A team might believe they could outplay Pittsburgh in the past, but they all knew there was going to be more of a physical toll exacted than playing most, if not all other teams. That's gone now and that p!sses me off to no end.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I am not sure how the Steelers practices changed since Minkah became a Steeler. What I do know is that the Steeelers game day execution needs to be better. Knowing this, the coaches can't consistently help the team manufacture wins week in and week out if the players don't or can't perform well enough on game day. Injuries are a real factor. Especially when considering that some of the players that were paid a lot of money were injured and can play or perform at a high level every week.

The teams that probably suffer less "key" injuries are the teams that have the best chance to win week in and week out. But the NFL increased the schedule by one game. One game increases the risk of injury and will probably shorten many NFL players' careers.

24. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    But Tomlin didn't pull the wrong way! I'm so tired of it all.

• Like Like x 1
  25. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Coaches teach players. It's up to players to know what they are expected to execute on the play that was called.