1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Good news: Stephon Tuitt is 100% healthy

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Dec 1, 2021.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Never said I did

2. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    I’m sure teams have insurance that pays out salaries should players get injured. So, asides from salary cap implications, this may even be good for the team’s bottom line

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    were your parents murdered?

4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    how do you know the Steelers are strung along? How do you know they aren’t the ones encouraging him to take the time he needs? You as a fan may feel that way but frankly the fans and media don’t ****ing matter, it’s between him and the Steelers and no one else.

5. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    No..What's your point

6. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    And if they were...I still would have had 3 days off work, what TF is your point?

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m guessing his point is different circumstances may cause a different reaction. So I get three weeks paid vacation at my job my wife gets six weeks. Different companies have different policies. The time off your company gave you is irrelevant.

I also think the point is that it’s not up to you to decide how much time he needs for anything.
    Besides most of this stuff is all just speculation anyway. We really don’t know what truly is going on.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm not sayin he is stringing the Steelers along. I'm saying Tomlin is constantly being asked about Tuitt's status, and him not giving us any definitive answer is what is stringing us along.

This is week 11. They know by now if he is coming back this year or not. You can't tell me they don't.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed...But I already stated my case, and I figured there would be a few that had it seem like I came away heartless... I'm not, it's a terrible , terrible thing that happened to Tuiit, and thank God I haven't I lost a brother yet ( let alone one murdered ) ....

The one and ONLY point I was trying to make was, You shouldn't get paid....Say, after a few weeks...

Even yes,The Steelers..." We'll retain you, we'll help you and let you be a part of the team " But, We're no longer paying you to, we have a business to run...

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    NFL is a little different than normal jobs, it is collectively bargained between players and owners. A lot of his situation might be regulated by the CBA?

I would still pay him. Actually, I think to stop paying you would need to cut him? It is in Steelers best interest to do right by him. If they didn't, he would not want to play for the team ever again.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2021
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    OK I see your point now. And I totally get that. Thanks for clarifying.
    Who really knows what the Hells going on though. It is somewhat annoying not knowing exactly what’s going on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Been there as well, Thorn. Thanks for sharing.

There were changes made with COVID entering the equation, but basically a player can only go on IR once in a season; the second time they're done for the season. This has a play in the decision teams make on when to activate them back to the roster - i.e., it curbs rushing a player back into action that may lead to relapse or further injury - and deters stashing.

Football boards tend to be more ornery, unfortunately. This is the best of the Steeler boards I've come across. Doesn't mean we can't strive to make it better though.

The CBA protects players with football related injuries. Those injured outside of team supervision are at the discretion of the owner. Obviously, we don't know exactly what's going on with Tuitt, but if it's the latter (i.e., related to his brother) I'm glad the Rooney is doing the right thing (IMO) at this point in time.

It is, but seeing as NFL teams are not considered Covered Entities under HIPAA, I'm assuming the Steelers are taking the high road for now in keeping specific details regrding Tuitt's health (physical or mental) as private as they can be for an NFL player (remember the Jason Pierre-Paul incident?) . So I can respect it.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Boo f’ing hoo…..I’m going to take a year off with pay…..my dog died.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think both @Thor and @thorn058 nailed it in their posts.

I’d just add as a side note: should it be a mental health issue or depression - and we have no way of knowing if it is or not at this point - this can go way beyond “feeling sad.” Memory loss, involuntary spasms, exhaustion, all sorts of things that would keep a player off an NFL field.

15. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Why do you care if he gets paid or not? It's not your money, it won't effect the cap, and it's not as if the Steelers are on financial thin ice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    tomlin, tuitt, the Steelers don’t owe you any explanation! You and any other fan or member of the public doesn’t need or deserve to know anything.it’s none of your business. It’s really that simple.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    hopefully you’ll never learn how ****ed up your attitude is.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Don’t be an ass.

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    My condolences

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    You must be in California too!

• Like Like x 1
  21. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Steelers would never do that. Plus he has a signed contract! Guess they should have just told that to Ryan Shazier?
    Like said it's really none of our business. Everyone deals with tragedy different. Everybody.
    I don't sit and stress out about Stephon Tuitt. I hope he can come back next season and dominate. Not going to happen this season unfortunately.

Common now, that's just rude

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    I never said Tuitt owes us an explanation.

I'm saying: I believe Tomlin can answer if he coming back this season or not. ... No. We'll see him next year. ... YES He is working his way back and is likely to return before the end of the year.

There is nothing insulting about those answers to Tuitts situation. And I'm perfectly fine with both of those outcomes.

And say they don't know, Tuitt just isn't sure or in a good place by now ... it is week 11, just shut it down ... tell us he is staying on IR. It is going to take a few weeks just to ramp him up and there are only 6 weeks left. There is no shame saying we'll see him next year.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Knobby

Knobby Member

Dec 3, 2021
    Disco is right here, he definitely shouldn’t be paid. None of us make 11 million annually, I feel bad for the loss of any family member, but there comes a time when you have to get on with what you do. Not singling Tuitt out here, it’s just life

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ya,That's pretty ****ed up! I mean, what if they actually were

• Like Like x 1
  25. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Most people on the planet only get a short time off for deceased family members. And most people understand that we die and life has to move forward.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1