1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How long do you wait until you try someone else at center?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Nov 22, 2021.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What would really get me slaughtered now will be what I posted in the When was it over thread about Najee. I really like everything about the kid from work ethic to how he runs but sometimes he overthinks things and his vision which is really good ends up leaving his blockers at times out to dry and other times they leave him out to dry as well. It's often why I'd like a lead blocker and for them to abandon the zone blocking. Hold your ground and drive your man back, let Najee and or Watt worry about 2nd level just maul the guy across from you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I started a thread earlier this season saying use Hassaneur at center, they aren't going to bench him now.

• Like Like x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    No point to it. The damage is done just have to ride it out and get the experience

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    All possible changes....

Could this be the week we see Green moved to Guard; and letting Finney start at center?

5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    I would try Banner at RT move Chuks to LT and put Green at LG and BJ at C. Might as well try it can’t be any worse.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Jimboinaz

Jimboinaz Active Member

Dec 24, 2020
    Face it the OL may be the poorest in the entire NFL. I can't remember the last time Harris took a handoff and was able to actually get by the line of scrimmage w/o being hit. He breaks a tackle in the backfield then another one or two at the LOS to gain 3 yards. The OL has been garbage since MM left.

7. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    That’s his natural position anyway why they have him over the ball is just idiotic.

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I think they believe he can eventually adapt and they would prefer to keep him at center, but he probably will end up at guard.

9. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Now Haeg is on the Covid list. Dotson and Hassenauer are still out. Does anyone even know who the 4th string guard would be? Finney? They’re starting to run out of bodies.

10. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Finney started against the Bengals. Haeg did not start that game.