1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vince Williams comments on devin bush

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by strummerfan, Nov 30, 2021.

1. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    He lost me at "his coach's wife died". :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    no surprises there

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Where’s the lie?

I laugh at the bitching about Bush. Like he only tweaked his knee or something and don’t have mounds of data to go by on players trying to come back from this type of injury.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Sure, there are other factors that negatively impact Bush and the defense as a whole, but that doesn't mean he gets a pass for giving a lack of effort. This to me means he is compounding problems we already have and I think the opinions on this board are fairly legitimate from what I've seen. Based on the expectations of what he cost us to get, the ROI isn't there right now. This is a cut throat business and performance is what people want to see. Injuries are not an excuse for lack of effort. If he incapable of playing at a high level, then why is he in there? If he is still the best we have, why is that? Is he is hurting our defense, what do you suggest?

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Did he re-injure it? Doesn't sound like a guy lacking confidence here:

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/10/devin-bush-on-coming-back-from-acl-tear-im-over-that-part/

He also flashed on some plays in the first Cincy game. I would think if the knee were a problem, the play would be consistently bad/tentative.

https://steelersdepot.com/2021/09/s...sh-uninspiring-in-return-against-the-bengals/

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    the roi was there and the arrow was pointing up with bush. He suffered a major injury, but the odds are in his favor to make a full recovery and be what the Steelers envisioned. It would be great if he was back to that form now, but that’s not the case. However, In typical fashion y’all have chosen to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012

Do you really not understand that he can put on an air of confidence and still doubt his knee?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Think he is playing to be done in Pittsburgh next season?

10. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    But he shows speed, cutting, explosiveness on some plays. Do you really think knee stability varies from play to play?

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    His twitter outburst for attention in the off-season didn't complement his terrible play this season. People were already looking at him funny. If he wants attention then live up to the draft pick and everything the organization gave up for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    holy crap you’re obtuse. A large part of his struggles now are in his head. How many times do you have to read or hear about it from people with firsthand experience before it sinks in?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Vince would be starting right now if he had stuck it out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    So as his knee gets stronger, he gets....less confident?

Let the men talk this one through, honey, it's a little over your head.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Without a doubt. They sure could use him right now

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    he still has to build confidence in his knee. Every time he feels a little twinge he will panic and think oh no here it goes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree. I think it's the injuries, but do You just leave him out there where I .....who loved the pick...can't defend him anymore. Something has 2 be done for this year. Same with the Dline in front of Him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    Lol, his ligaments healed months ago - if he's feeling twinges he wouldn't be cleared to play.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    As I said before, obtuse

• Like Like x 1
  20. Chinchilla

Chinchilla Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2019
    I think VW would have helped so much with the mental conditioning aspect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    For me as a fan, I have no problem with him being out there, let him work through it but I say that as someone who thinks their season is over already so they have nothing to lose by putting him out there. It’s about next season and having him ready for that.

But again, that’s my POV. The Steelers I am sure are still very much trying to make the playoffs but who else are they going to play in his place?

• Like Like x 1
  22. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I am more than willing to give him a pass due to the knee injury..... What I can't give him a pass on is the lack of instincts he has shown... More often than not, his read are wrong.... If his reads were good and he failed to get there in time, then it's the knee, but what I'm seeing on the field is more of an issue from the neck up

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  23. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    But its not like his knee's are preventing him from getting in position. If you look at some of these tape breakdowns he is literally watching the guy go right by him.

It looks like he doesn't want to get his jersey dirty.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  24. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The effort is what bothers me. And, I get that there is really no one else moving forward. From my point of view, it's too convenient to blame everything on his injury. It doesn't wash when it comes to what appears to be loafing or just plain poor effort.

25. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Bust in the making for sure. I suppose you give him another shot next year because the draft capital you gave up to get him but between the offseason Twitter stuff and his play?? Highly unlikely he turns it around. He’s playing so bad right now we are not even talking about how awful Edmunds is, just think about that…

• Agree Agree x 4