1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin can't be blamed for this season

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Nov 28, 2021.

1. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    ...when he clearly has the worst starting QB in the AFCN.

Ben is great but is clearly washed. Tomlin will likely have his first losing season of his career but he should get a pass because no one can be expected to win and make the playoffs without an above average QB in the NFL.

Tell me why I'm wrong.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    :rolleyes::facepalm::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You’re wrong because I know you don’t believe what you are posting. You’re just posting topics you know will rile up others.
    You went from mostly all negative posts to now mostly all positive stuff. But I’m pretty sure you’re being facetious.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I think they still have Black Friday deals on “somebody needs attention” bulk purchases over on Amazon... go get it quick. Clocks ticking hahahahaha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
  6. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    I have stated in many threads his win % has been inflated with the 4 games and usual wins vs the bengals and browns every year. And that's not the case anymore. They have had some very good teams lastv10 years but implode. It is time for Tomlin to go. This team need upgrade everywhere.coaches and front office included

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Classic

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What about Belichick? Same for him?

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    How is Belichick doing in New England now that he doesn't have Brady? The Patriots surely have fallen to the bottom of the AFCE, right?

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I got this one Glenn.

Look at me.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    What about last season Troll

12. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    some might argue Ben carried Tomlin's career.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    This guy has to be suffering from some type of attention disorder.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Tomlin SUCKS!

I put forth all my details over the past 5 years. Todays game was the epitome of those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    You're right that Tomlin isn't to blame but you're wrong where you placed the blame.

For the better part of two decades the Steelers renegotiated deals of stars to change some cap space into signing bonuses thus putting dead cap money into the cap. (I'm sure all the teams done this to get under the cap). I think those years have finally caught up with the Steelers this year, even though there should be tons of money available next year. Remember the day when we was able to plug in anyone and there was almost no drop-off in production between the backup and starter.

Our defense was always built upon the linemen occupying blockers so the LBS can't make plays. Granted Bush makes the wrong reads a lot, but the DL isn't helping him neither. Outside of Cam, TJ, and Minkah this defense is simply garbage. 93 makes plays at times and Cam Sutton and 56 may end up really good. I like Loudermilk and Mondreux but they seem a year or two away, which isn't good cuzz the team wanted to win now.

Then there's the offense. This OL is rough, really rough. Even I thought they'd be further ahead. The slow start allowed the Bengals to jump ahead, which took away the attempt to establish the run.

It's not all Ben and I've been critical of Ben. There's plenty of fingers to blame. My blame is on Colbert for putting all these eggs into this season and having it backfire. And I'm sure Tomlin has had his hand in whom the Steelers drafted and signed. But it all starts with Colbert and decades worth of cap manipulation.

• Like Like x 1
  16. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    upload_2021-11-28_21-15-5.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012

Yup!

How can I build a car when I have the parts for a tricycle?

I don't think Ben 25 mil will solve the issue. However, an issue is the accounting in general.

For those with more patience than I, let's look up the past 10-15 SB winners and what the QB salary % accounted for on the roster.

I wonder how many have had a QB hit over 6/7%

All that being said the rest of the division will need to pay their QBs soon.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I don't blame Tomlin...

.. I blame Tomlin and Colbert

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I somewhat agree but 41-10 means Tomlin didn’t have them ready to play. Cincinnati is good but not that good. Ben is done I mean they can’t move the ball. We have playmakers to but he just can’t move. We also need to find Ben’s replacement and have needed to for a couple years now.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    The team just sucks let’s just admit it. There are some decent playmakers but we can’t move the ball or stop anyone. So, how good are they?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    You can't be serious? The pats I give you have easy wins in division but they have gotten it done when it matters Tomlin steeler teams haven't

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. bobby

bobby Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2015
    Sorry that was for the guy telling me Bill and pats have done I also

23. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Until he does it w/o Brady you can say and claim what u want. We ALL know what it is.

24. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If it were just Ben I would agree but the across the board lack of attention to detail falls on the coach.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    Further proof that certain people on here like to nitpick and will go to any lengths to discredit his success. Look at the Packers success in the NFC East. How many times has Rodgers won a SB?? The Patriots had some 18 straight seasons of winning their division against mediocre teams. At some point they had to lose to gain...if a person wants to judge off one season of being subpar and say its time to turn everything over then where would the Patriots be this season?? That's why we have to take comments like yours with a grain of salt.

What do you do with the argument now that "Tomlin always loses to mediocre teams" if what you're saying is true?? It cant be both ways. He does have a game or two every year of a bad loss, but I have no doubt that's trendy with most teams...but overall his record is more than satisfactory or else how do you get to his number of wins over the years?? Now we gotta throw out the wins against the Bengals and Browns?? Whatever is necessary to fit your argument I guess. By the way, it should be noted that the Bengals were actually pretty decent under Marvin Lewis. I think they won the AFC North four times under him and had 7 playoff appearances.

In reality the Steelers have only blown one season of good teams and that was the year they lost to the Jaguars. I posted here once before the offensive ranks/defensive ranks of Steelers teams from the past. It doesnt take half a brain to see that many of you have overrated the Steelers over the years based upon what you thought they should accomplish as opposed to what they were ACTUALLY PUTTING ON THE FIELD...any other year I could legitimately show you injuries derailed those seasons... or you could just acknowledge what was meant to be was meant to be. In other words Knicks had great teams during the Jordan/Bulls era. Who is stupid enough to say Pat Riley wasnt a great coach?? It simply wasnt meant to be and never was meant to be for anyone to rule that era except Jordan and the Bulls. Same with the Patriots with a team here and there fortunate enough to get some crumbs.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 3